196 replies to this topic

#161 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:54 PM

What i didnt like in gta 3 was the fact that your character didnt talk and he is never referred to as a name or anything other than kid or sometimes fido.

I never had a problem with Claude not talking and not knowing his name. Why do so many people do though?

#162 Shortbus

Shortbus

retraded

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • United States 

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:50 PM

the gangs didnt piss me off so much... i dont get everyone's problem...

They are annoying because you can't go anywhere without being attacked by a bunch of idiots.

There's barely anywhere to visit as the following places are guarded by a big number of pissed off gangsters:
Saint Mark's
Chinatown
Hepburn Heights
Newport
Fort Staunton
Cedar Grove

as said previously use your annoyingly large am,ounts of cash to buy weapons and armour, surely you can kill some gangsters? i mean how hard really is it?

I think I have 99999 bullets for each gun and full weapon, what suggestion is it?
The problem is I want to drive at my own risk without seeing my enemies draw a line on the screen all the time.
I have no problem killing them I just want to explore properly

I had trouble exploring too, I remember the gangsters in Saint Marks could blow your car up in a couple shots.

Edited by Shortbus, 21 September 2008 - 11:50 PM.

Posted Image

#163 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:10 AM

no swimming (san andreas has spoiled us lolz)
the guy never talked
really aggressive gangs...you just drive past and this hail of bullets come and destroy your car.

i did like the radio though.

hmm this topic is sorta like...what was in gta's after 3 that you wanted in 3 :P

Edited by WRX22B1998, 22 September 2008 - 07:17 AM.

#164 Someonesinyourhouse

Someonesinyourhouse

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  •    England 

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

Yea those things are quite bad when you consider the GTA games after. EG no swimming, no talking character. However, it did leave room for improvement.

Claude wasn't able to run at fast speeds for a long time (pun intended) but in San Andreas, CJs can for much longer once he gets more stanima.

Shame about the dodo plane too, really wanted to fly her. Also, there were planes that were just there for show and couldnt get into.

and finally I remember purple nines glitch, which was a chance that on the mission, the purple nines wouldn't be there, thus stopping 100% completion. With rampages, there was only a couple of given chances before you could try them no more.

#165 NickS

NickS

An Enforcer of the Raiders MC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Indonesia 

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

couldn't even fly the damn dodo for even 10 seconds :bashhead:

Posted Image

#166 Samil

Samil

Writer and co-producer of Ace of Spades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

Hate that there are less weapons than in other GTAs.
Posted Image
Thanks to Ionutt3 for the signature!

#167 MeZaMe YuMe_MoMoKu

MeZaMe YuMe_MoMoKu

Anime lover, esp. Naruto lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

Few Weapons and Aggressive gangs.
Former NecroAssassin, who loves sadomasochism.
GTA Fan and Addict.

I recommend you guys visit the all-new PayneKillers.com!

#168 Iornslug29881

Iornslug29881

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • United States 

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:34 PM

I'd have to say the worst thing in GTA3 is.... well....
Nothing really, I mean this GTA was a ground-breaker in gamer around the world.
Really all the negative comment come from the fact that GTA3 is old and out of date.
Vice City brought a leap in GTA tech to, But GTA3 will always be the best, in my opinion, the best GTA game out there today.

• Miles Pedro Prower likes this

#169 Youngie1337

Youngie1337

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

I'd have to say the worst thing in GTA3 is.... well....
Nothing really, I mean this GTA was a ground-breaker in gamer around the world.
Really all the negative comment come from the fact that GTA3 is old and out of date.
Vice City brought a leap in GTA tech to, But GTA3 will always be the best, in my opinion, the best GTA game out there today.

I couldn't agree more mate, GTA3 I can still remember the first time I seen it. I was out with my mate and went into his house where his bro was playing it with his mate. Stood there and watched, it was amazingly epic moment, I can still remember the lighting and the smell of feet in the air (lol?). After that I got it after showing my dad a video of it on a disc I had from a magazine. He was amazed and got me it the next day, was groundbreaking. People are too picky and ungrateful at what you got. When we was your age Pokemon Red was the sh*t, now you all moan about your GTA on your PSP >.<.

Edited by Youngie1337, 06 January 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#170 Bulletproofboy

Bulletproofboy

Hired Muscle

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

No bikes.
Claude never talked.
That's all

#171 Uranium Bullets

Uranium Bullets

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

The fact that they took so much stuff out of the game that was in the demo. Darkel, some vehicles, school, full winged Dodo, graphics ( the shading on everything), etc

#172 Einoriuks

Einoriuks

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:03 PM

Claude did not talk and the Dodo plane sucked :thumbsdown:

#173 Bulletproofboy

Bulletproofboy

Hired Muscle

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

I can't edit my previous post, and i dont know why so i'll add on

-Claude Never Speaks, and you dont know his name, I like games where you know your characters real name and what he sounds like.

-No motorbikes

- No swimming.

- Got boring because theres nothing to do(no activities)

- Aggresive gangs, i just hated it when i killed SAL every time i went to portland the leones would just try to whack me.

#174 Samil

Samil

Writer and co-producer of Ace of Spades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

I might also add that I hate the law enforcement.Idiot cops only run after me when I shoot, but can't see the freakin' gangs that shoot me! That's corruption! :P
Posted Image
Thanks to Ionutt3 for the signature!

#175 studio m-LTD

studio m-LTD

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Malaysia 

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:02 AM

-Claude did not talk

-So many mysteries, where is Donald Love, what happened at the end with a gunshot, etc.

-The army carried multiple weapons, but only used one.

-when i drove very fast in a car, the smoke repersenting damage would dissapear

-bat and fist could not do damage to vehicles

-no poppable wheels

-so many rumors like being able to drive the full winged dodo, Carcer city, Darkel being ingame, tunnels at SSV opening up at 100%, etc

OFFTOPIC: did anyone see the beta screenshots of GTA3? There was a beta Claude and he looked like an asian man :blink:

i agree on evrything that u have said..but,nvr mind that!gta has the best game ever.GTA SAN ANDREAS the most played sequel of the GTA by Rockstar*

I can't edit my previous post, and i dont know why so i'll add on

-Claude Never Speaks, and you dont know his name, I like games where you know your characters real name and what he sounds like.

-No motorbikes

- No swimming.

- Got boring because theres nothing to do(no activities)

- Aggresive gangs, i just hated it when i killed SAL every time i went to portland the leones would just try to whack me.

yeah!nothing to do..its like evrything is impossible in gta 3....which really sucks!btw,claude uses the same shirt.unlike san andreas and vice city,where u can buy some clothing and it makes gta a lot more realistic.theres more..the cops sucks!!!!!!! :pissedred: :pissedred:

gta 3 has a lot of shits going on..but,still its a great game to play though...

#176 Strike9

Strike9

lucky number 7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

No planes helciopters or motorcycles,
Short story line
Mellee weapons cant damage cars
Shotguns can destroy a car in like 2-3 shots ( if it hits the engine
overpowered gangs
No menu map
main character does not speek
Could use a greater variety of vehicles

This probably was not a big deal when the game cameout,
bcuz it was the first 3d gta game ever
luky number 7

#177 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

Haven't posted here yet, I think. Anyway. The main character not talking was obviously stupid, how many lead characters in a story-driven action game like GTA3 are there who don't speak? I thought it was stupid at the time when it came out, even worse now. The inclusion of the Dodo was largely pointless, hardly anyone could fly it and the tutorials didn't help me at all. Having no map when you pause the game was a big hindrance, and led to lots of overlong routes. Being shot at every time you re-entered Chinatown and the mafioso near Salvatores place got annoying quickly. The game is quite short, and there was a glaring mistake where you could avoid doing 1 mission entirely, by killing the guy in a separate mission, WTF! I also wasn't a huge fan of the game, Vice City really made me love the brand but GTA3 just left me cold and still does.

Edited by The Bossman, 03 August 2010 - 02:35 PM.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#178 Evil-Empire

Evil-Empire

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • France 

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

I don't like at all Claude's face, the radio stations are much too short, there's a bug once you 've done all the unique stunts which forces you to load the latest savegame and I don't like the fall atmosphere.

#179 Masked Marauder

Masked Marauder

Fairweather Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:47 PM

I guess that this isn't too big of a bump. I think that I have needed to vent some of this stuff for a loooong time anyway. There are actually a few things that just piss me off to no end about III, mostly involving overall game play. Probably the worst it the fact that there are cops EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE, but they never go after the gangs that are walking down down the street shooting at whoever they please. It would have more of a sense of realism if the cops had more of a purpose than just going after the player, and it would just make more sense period. There is nothing like getting into a fight for your player's life with the cops and gangs working together side by side as a team to eliminate you. The next thing would have to be "pop up spawning". Cops, cars, gangs, pedestrians - everything pops up just out of camera view or directly behind. Even if you "look first" before making a move, as soon as you do: "whoop! there it is!". I just hate hate hate hate HATE that! Whew, I feel better now, a little bit. Thanks for listening.

#180 gtaforlife

gtaforlife

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

I think GTA 3 is the hardest game of the GTA 3 Era . There are some missions , like "Bomb Da Base " or "Espresso-2-go ! " , very hardly . There are the gangs , too . In the beggining of the game the Leones from Portland Island are more peaceful and they don't attack you . After some missions , The Triads will attack you when you are going to their turf in Chinatown . After mission " Sayonara Salvatore" , The Leones are going to be very aggresive on you . The biggest threat is the Colombian Cartel Gang . When you are going on their turfs they will attack you . I don't like the feeling of the game because it is very strange , overcast and cloudy . I don't like the main character , Claude , because he don't talks and he is very strange . However , he knows to speak ??? Another thing is that the north side of Shoreside Vale hasn't got an end . What is good about that if there is an invisible barrier ? They could do it island . And there aren't very speedy and beautiful vehicles .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users