#181 Evil-Empire

Evil-Empire

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • France 

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

The graphics suck even the game is 10 years old. Max Payne is much nicer and as if it wasn't enough the animations are very jerky.

#182 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

About GTA III? Well it wasn't exactly an easy game back then, it didn't feature crouch or cover so overkill wasn't out of the question...

This was slowly improved till VCS tho...

#183 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

There wasn't an awful lot I didn't liek about GTA III it was a fantastic game for it's time, I mean yeah, the graphics seem pretty outdated now that GTA IV is around but lets facer it for a game released in 2001 it looks pretty sweet. The game mechanics are also very basic as well for a 3rd person action/adventure game, but again it's 10 years old now, and besides it's nice to go back to GTA III for a nice little challenge, I mean in IV it's easy to get through all the gun fights using the cover system, I like going back and playing III for the challenge of getting through the gunfights without the use of a cover system or crouching. However if I had to choose one thing about GTA III that I didn't like it would be the inability to swim

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#184 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

You can't crouch and/or take cover in GTA III and it didn't have much guns. Also, the graphics are pretty sucky. Alo, you couldn't swim, and the only plane you could fly was some crappy Dodo which didn't even have proper wings and didn't fly properly. Also, there wasn't much cars, wasn't much boats, no motorcycles or bicycles, no clothing changes and no eating.

#185 AvidDriver

AvidDriver

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Kuwait 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Once you finish the mission "Last Requests" the mafia are armed with the spaz-12 shotgun and can destroy your car in 2 shots. really annoying if you want 100 % ovreall:the gang system should have been reworked before making such decision :pissedred:

#186 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

Once you finish the mission "Last Requests" the mafia are armed with the spaz-12 shotgun and can destroy your car in 2 shots. really annoying if you want 100 % ovreall:the gang system should have been reworked before making such decision :pissedred:

I think Rockstar intentionally made it that way to make Portland missions more harder, and to discourage you from going to Portland. Also, the mafia are armed with normal shotguns, not Spaz 12s. Spas 12s were introduced in GTA Vice City. And the Mafia are only hostile to you after the completion of "Sayonara Salvatore", not "Last Requests". In order to achieve 100% completion of GTA III, you complete the Portland missions before that mission, as it makes things easier.

#187 AvidDriver

AvidDriver

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Kuwait 

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

I think Rockstar intentionally made it that way to make Portland missions more harder, and to discourage you from going to Portland. Also, the mafia are armed with normal shotguns, not Spaz 12s. Spas 12s were introduced in GTA Vice City. And the Mafia are only hostile to you after the completion of "Sayonara Salvatore", not "Last Requests". In order to achieve 100% completion of GTA III, you complete the Portland missions before that mission, as it makes things easier.

Sorry, i mixed up the 2 final missions and the shotguns do look like spazes.but still,i loved portland and if someone wants go around portland, he better steer away from saint's mark (which was the best place to have fun with the police)and i still want to go around portland without being turned into a million pieces when i haven't done anything :cheers:

#188 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

2012 was the last sensible post, ARGH!

Spam, and more crap spam. Chris, better try and stomp this stuff out!

I delete all useless postings from GTAC, so peeps know, we only want serious commentary from users, nothing else. Off topic is accepted (on GTAC) if you're being real, and honest, no substitutes!) 

English is a prerequisite as well.

As for GTA 3, the graphics, easy to condemn given the time frame....2000-001

I fault that the difficulty lies in poor control refinement and something that plagues controllers for consoles STILL in 2013! Hoping the new consoles refine these aspects, it's long, long overdue and why gamers say PC is preferred, graphics aren't really that superior any more.

When a gang in areas where you must do missions get weapon upgrades, I was so aggravated by the three shots your vehicle is finished, one more, you're dead. Do Over, it became just too difficult and I lost a lot of interest then. I feel in some regards GTA V has moments where tasks get pretty overwhelming for other reasons. Have you tried racking up over 3 star wanted levels and maintaining that? I find there's a lot of difficulty doing that, and we're talking about single player.

Edited by BlackListedB, 17 November 2013 - 11:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users