Plo Koon

What did you dislike about GTA 3?

197 posts in this topic

Its when you load a saved game where you defeated that mission where you killed all of the purple nines. Anyhoo, After you load the saved game, you go to the "create a new game" option and choose it. The game then sets everything back to starting, so 0 hidden packages found, 0 rampages done, 0 missions done, 0 vigilante missions done, etc, but the game forgets to make it so that purple nines appear again. So yeah, thats it, they dont appear and you cant do the D-Ice missions whice involve killing Purple Nines, but you cant kill them if you cant find them. The way to avoide this is to start the game without the memory card, then, after the game is done and you can play, put the memory card back in and you should be fine as the game never loaded the game with the dead purple nines save file.

EDIT: and that wasnt Carl Johnson in that mission. Just because his first name is Carl, it doesnt mean he is Carl Johnson. Ryder's (from SA) first name was Lance (Wilson), but that doesnt mean he is Lance Vance from VC. The girl on the radio's name was Toni, but she isnt Toni Cipriani. That guy on K-DST's name was Tommy, but he isnt Tommy Vercetti. Get it?

oh yeah i remember that happening but i didnt know wut the hell was rong

So in other words, after Carl Johnson took over all of San Andreas for the Grove Street Families, he decided to marry Denise Robinson so that she could restore custody of her three kids and he never moved back to Liberty City? I started to play GTA III again because of GTA: SA (I got GTA 3 for my PC in the Christmas of 2002). Now I guess I'll have to uninstall it again and hide it in my "barely played games shelf."

wtf???!! wen did this happen??? ur confused. and confusing

Edited by evabin2libertycity?

It didnt happen, the guy said that Carl Johnson was that guy in the last dog food mission, but it wasnt, just another person thats name was Carl, besides, they never said hs last name was Johnson, and even if it was, Johnson is a very very very un- original last name so millions of people have it even though they arnt related in any way

Sorry, evabin2libertycity?, I was just using my imagination to imagine what Carl Johnson would do a year or two after the game ends. A man can't go around stealing cars forever, he needs to settle down with his girlfriend (Denise Robinson was the easiest girlfriend to please in the game, so I imagined Carl marrying her so that she could get her 3 kids back). And after all the missions are complete, the GSF would be in complete control of San Andreas (that means Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas) so there would be no further need to commit crimes (except to maybe defend the turf from those out-of-state gangs, but that could be something for one of GTA 4's inevitable spinoffs). This should unconfuse you. If not, make up your own story on what happens between GTA:SA and GTA: LCS.

Its been about 4 years since I have played GTA3 but:

The things I disliked about GTA3 were

- Not able to swim in the water

- The shotguns the Mafia has were far too powerful and they could kill you very easily (I nearly broke the disk in half at one point due to frustration of them keep blowing you up when in a vehicle or pin you down with their shotgun fire :pissedred::rofl2:)

- There were no Helicopters or bikes :(

- Army could kill you with the M16 in milliseconds :angry:

- The vehicle phisics were annoying and unrealistic (i.e - If you had a 2 star wanted level and driving a heavy vehicle such as a Barracks OL, Firetruck, Flatbed, Trashmaster etc and and a cop car rammed you head on - you would bounce off the cop car and not vice-versa unless you release the X button just before the impact :rolleyes:)

- Peds in cars try to run you over or attack you if they are foot when you blow up a car with the rocket launcher

- Gang cars attempt to run you over when try to jack one

With all those pointed out I am sure Rockstar was trying to give the gamer a jolly hard time and make the game as frustrating as possible which is why I don't bother with this game anymore. Another I don't like is that Claude does not talk and is very strangely quiet.

I quite liked the 'Scarface' songs on the radio, but wouldn't they have been better on Vice City? That is what I hate about it.

I didnt like how by the end allmost every gang hated you and shot the crap out of you. You could never explore properly.

the gangs were really annoying after a while especially the mafia since i didn't beat the R3 missions on portland before i killed salvatore

GTAIII had the least things that I didn't like.

Unrealistic car physics - it appears that all GTA games have that

No Swimming - I hated trying to jump on a boat and getting killed becuase I missed by an inch

GTAIII had the least things that I didn't like.

Unrealistic car physics - it appears that all GTA games have that

No Swimming - I hated trying to jump on a boat and getting killed becuase I missed by an inch

Haha, yeah, I remember that! getting on and off a boat is a life or death situation

the gangs were really annoying after a while especially the mafia since i didn't beat the R3 missions on portland before i killed salvatore

Yeah, same things here, everytime I went to Portland, I couldn't even get a wanted level before getting shot at by the Mafia with shotguns and then my car exploding leading to my death.

Edited by ArturKim21

That

-Cant swim

-Cant talk

-Cant go inside

-I have the sound, but the radios don't work

-No bikes

-No planes

-F**ked up justice system

-The mafia

-VC gangs are weak, but GTA3 gangs are tough cookies.

-No actually cool cheats

Thats about it

Theres more I HATE VC things, so i have more to rant about of VC instead of GTA3

I Didnt Have A Map ( As On Main Menu )

I Dunno Y

( On Gta 3 )

BTW Corse There Are Gonna Be Bad Things On GTA 3

When GTA 4 Comes Out, U Are Gonna Think San Andreas Should Of Had That

They All Get Better Untill Theres Nothing Left To Improve GTA

So All U Think That Its Gonna Be The Best From GTA 1? And Be The Worst GTA, Like On The 7th GTA

Another Words Im Saying Its Gonna Start The Best And End The Worst?