What did you dislike about GTA 3?

I also dislike a mission in GTA 3

The one where you had to drive a bombed Infernus from Shoreside Valley to Portland without crashing it

I tried this mission like no others ... Once I reached the garage but I missed the door and crashed into the wall > Explosion > Mission Failed :((( But I made it after many tries ...

• 4 weeks later...
Guys San Andreas spoiled us saying can't swim, no car damage, and no assests this started the 3-D GTA games without it there would be no San Andreas. I didn't like the script for Maria she said i think after almost all her lines

haha, yeah, you do know that it was supposed to be funny right? the lines? it kills me when he finally kill her, and i said this: FINALLY!!

i don't like the mute main character Claude, and the unexposed colombian cartel, they should do one GTA game with a cartel! you know, maybe about pablo escobar, but you know, chnge the name and appeareance.

haha, yeah, you do know that it was supposed to be funny right? the lines? it kills me when he finally kill her, and i said this: FINALLY!!

Actually, it is definite that Claude actually killed Maria. The other possibility is that Claude shot the gun to shut Maria up.

well, i just don't think so man, first he hang out with catalina, who ends up betrayed him and killed by Claude, he don't want to make the same mistake twice, you know, why would he end up with another girl when he just killed one? it's an irony thing man, all girls, well actually all people near him end up missing or dead.

Edited by ArtSweet

• 4 weeks later...

cops were good compared to the other ones. i think if they had better technology they would have been a decent opponent: spike strips, heli-swat, shotgun wielding cops on the street. the game would have been probably the favorite city if it was after VC with the features and had a sunnier climate.

the ai was unbearable. peds running into walls? yet i loved the gang difficulties. the "don't come around my part of town or I'll blow you up with my shotgun shells in your car"-Leone mafia [once on their bad side]! haha

Speaking of AI, remember the paramedic mission. The AI of the patients was ridiculous; they would start to run to your ambulance when you were getting in position to pick them up. This would usually end up resulting in running them over and doing the paramedic mission all over again. How annoying.

The drive-by in Witchata Gardens. Kept getting swarmed. Did finally beat it.

Do you mean "Uzi Money"? Now I remember, this was my least favorite part of the game. It wasn't the mission itself, it was that Purple Nines glitch (none of them appear) that ruined the whole game. You couldn't obtain 100% completion with this glitch. :thumbsdown:

The glitch probably only affects game consoles then (I play GTA on PS2). I did remember hearing on another forum that the glitch affected your game after you saved "Rumble" mission, which is the last of the D-Ice strand. The only way to avoid the glitch was to play a game on another file before the mission was saved. Even new games would be affected. I was actually able to start a new game without my memory card in, but then inserted it back in and the purple nines appeared later.

- Inability to swim.

- Inability to crouch.

- General layout of Liberty City.

- Bombing Tha Base, Pt. II. (Why does 8-Ball go after the first shot instead of waiting until every Cartel is dead like a smart person?)

- Hard to see auto-aim reticle.

- Claude.

- Can't go anywhere without being shot by pissed off gangs.

Also, you didn't get any reward for completing the game 100%. No fireproof Claude, no infinite ammo, no extra health and armor, and no Shoreside Vale tunnel opening up to "Carson City". You can only brag about it. What kind of reward is that? <_<

Edited by bvs21