Cartoons - a bad example for kids.

Damjan

And MOST cartoons have hidden innuendos. The good ones, at least

Yup, Bugs Bunny was famous for that. "As you know rabbits can't add, but they do multiply"

A kid isn't going to get that, but the parents who were watching (only 1 TV per house back in the 50's) certainly did.

I love watching the cartoons I grew up with now just to see the innuendo I missed.

We took my brother-in-law to see the live action Scooby Doo's in the theater. I laughed my ass off at Scooby and Shaggy in the back of the Mystery Machine "talk about toasted" and "hydroponics". Kids don't get it, but the adults sure as hell did.

Thats what decent kids TV needed. Home Improvment was full of them. Over in the UK the goverment was going on about putting an 18 certificate onto cartoons with smoking in them as it clearly makes children want to smoke. When I counted the amount of films and shows that show smoking it was sad to think these could be kept away from children. I doubt seeing a mouse smoking will make children want smoke a pipe.

I loved the Rugrats, they were my favourite until they did all grown up which was appalling. I used to love the Disney Channel back when it was decent. I got so excited when they would put on a film at 7pm. I used to like Recess and Boy Meets World.

I agree with you there, I remember buying a tommy toy from Safeway in York years ago but it's quite distant. I used to also love the Teletubbies when I was little, they were great. Scoobie Doo :D. As for Disney, I don't think I really liked many Disney films in my early childhood, I do, however, think that I preferred Bambi and Dumbo. Does anyone from the UK remember Pingu? That was epic.

I used to love Home Improvment on the Disney Channel with Tim Allen. I have managed to get it on dvd.

That's not a cartoon o.O... I do like it, though.

Thats what decent kids TV needed. Home Improvment was full of them. Over in the UK the goverment was going on about putting an 18 certificate onto cartoons with smoking in them as it clearly makes children want to smoke. When I counted the amount of films and shows that show smoking it was sad to think these could be kept away from children. I doubt seeing a mouse smoking will make children want smoke a pipe.

Best way to make a child not want to smoke a pipe... Make them smoke a pipe. Bet they'll never smoke one again. I doubt anyone under the age of 16 could possibly enjoy a pipe.

In the UK it was Disney, I know it wasn't a cartoon but it was a good children show so I thought I would just throw it in. I know this isn't a cartoon but I really miss Wishbone. That was one of my favourite shows, I used to have a Wishbone cuddly toy.

Pingu was awesome! I miss him and his silly antics. Did anyone ever watch Fireman Sam?