GTA 5?

Deji

It's confirmed by Dan Houser it'll be V... You better check some news in some websites.

Although obviously it won't happen since they've already confirmed GTA V.

Can you link me on that? If you mean The Times interview with Dan Houser, nowhere did it say what exactly the next GTA would be.

As for what I think the next GTA would be, I think that they'll stick with the current era and work on another city.

Edited by NotYouHaha

So... Really no one actually knows for sure that it's going to be GTA V? Those words never came out of Dan Housers mouth and every news post saying about "GTA V" lacks the assurance that they even mentioned GTA V in the interview... That has probably just been added afterwards. And the way secretive Rockstar work is that even if they did mention GTA V, they would neither confirm it or deny it until they were ready. They'd just edge along and let people believe what they wanna think.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's confirmed by Dan Houser it'll be V... You better check some news in some websites.

SV, This topic or question still comes up on the GTAnet site, though there's more a feeling something big with GTA will now involve some prior GTAs combined, or with new territory thrown in, I hope for that as well, it'd better appease fans of all the GTAs. I basically think GTA 5 would be the best MAIN title for it, regardless of the console generation, it's the MAIN game expected next, not any varient

Most think that the DeepThroatGTA4 publicized Genesis topic that is almost a joke of sorts, has no factual basis in the slightest, even I, being a long time member of that GTAforums, I don't put blind stock into what DeepThroat has said, didn't even follow him religiously, he's made one prediction pre-dating the release that was casting suspicion that he had some truth to his meandering stories. One tie in is that it was New York, where the Rockstar US offices reside, and that Sam Houser did come out in a few interviews saying New York was a city that was close to Rockstar's heart, and they planned to keep the USA in parody and satire, a subject of GTA games for some time.

A few thought it'd bounce around the Globe as soon as the next iteration, that's not what Sam Houser was saying.

One could say Genesis harkens itself to "The Beginning", and I can't say much about GTA original 2D since I came into the series with the 3D revolution and GTA III, and VCity.

Genesis only provides evidence the OP uses from PRE-EXISTING content created by Rockstar, so if they are trying to say something about content Rockstar has yet to reveal, it's not going to be very evident.

REPLYing to page 1;

So GTA V will fall under GTA IV era?

Well, yes basically, It sorts out as follows; GTA III is a PS2 title, but GTA 1, 2, and London came out on PC and the earliest platform consoles as well, it's only after MS put out Xbox that there was attention paid to what came out on what, could be classified by fans as part of a SET based on name, That's part of it, the other part is the ENGINE, and PSP and STORIES versions of Liberty City and Vice City do not include themselves, because Rockstar hired new staff to make those games on portables, not on standard consoles, for consoles, they were merely ported to them

Edited by BlackListedB

Most think that the DeepThroatGTA4 publicized Genesis topic that is almost a joke of sorts, has no factual basis in the slightest, even I, being a long time member of that GTAforums, I don't put blind stock into what DeepThroat has said, didn't even follow him religiously, he's made one prediction pre-dating the release that was casting suspicion that he had some truth to his meandering stories. One tie in is that it was New York, where the Rockstar US offices reside, and that Sam Houser did come out in a few interviews saying New York was a city that was close to Rockstar's heart, and they planned to keep the USA in parody and satire, a subject of GTA games for some time.

A few thought it'd bounce around the Globe as soon as the next iteration, that's not what Sam Houser was saying.

One could say Genesis harkens itself to "The Beginning", and I can't say much about GTA original 2D since I came into the series with the 3D revolution and GTA III, and VCity.

Genesis only provides evidence the OP uses from PRE-EXISTING content created by Rockstar, so if they are trying to say something about content Rockstar has yet to reveal, it's not going to be very evident

Agreed. Just the exact thing. But such Predictions can be useful. But if you get hints and pics from Rockstar you are sure to get possible prediction. So we can use genesis for possible predict instead of this topic. Whats ur GTAF username? Mine is Josh.

Remember, I keep saying this because I was glued to the GTA 5 section since August, nothing came along other then denial from Take2 and Rockstar Games. however, we're all pretty sure GTA will be dropped by Winter next year, not take one more full year to complete, but the elements SHOULD be in place, let's face it. RDR was one of the best video games EVER MADE in the complete history of 30 year gaming