PingTest.net [BETA]

Mpilk901

Hey guys, I was on SpeedTest and I came across a new site that they've opened called PingTest. It gives you information on the quality of your:

• broadband internet connection
  • streaming media performance
  • voice and video applications performance
  • online gaming performance

It determines this by 3 factors; your ping, jitter and packet loss. Once the test has completed it gives your connection a 'grade' on it's performance for all the factors I pointed out in the bullet-points.

PingTest

Just thought I should mention it, I think it's good for people like me who want to know how good my connection will be for gaming etc.

Surprisingly, my one worked quite well. My connection is a bit error-prone today, so I kept restarting. This is my 3rd restart now I think, will have to try again this evening for the PSN.

1396760.png

My first attempt and got an A. BTW, can anyone explain exactly what ping is, and what jitter is. I checked out ping, and it's to do with the reaction time to transfer data over the internet, but I want someone to explain it in an easy way. I think I know the basics of that though. And I have no idea about Jitter.

Edited by Bateman.

Surprisingly, my one worked quite well. My connection is a bit error-prone today, so I kept restarting. This is my 3rd restart now I think, will have to try again this evening for the PSN.

1396760.png

My first attempt and got an A. BTW, can anyone explain exactly what ping is, and what jitter is. I checked out ping, and it's to do with the reaction time to transfer data over the internet, but I want someone to explain it in an easy way. I think I know the basics of that though. And I have no idea about Jitter.

I think it's how long it takes for information to go to the server and back. Jitter is the difference in the amount of ping. That's the easiest way I can explain it. Also if I'm wrong please correct me.

• 1 year later...

here is my ping test result. i got it from here whoisxy

Pinging 192.168.0.3 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Reply from 208.109.112.157: TTL expired in transit.

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.3:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (75% loss),