9400GT vs. 8500GT

Damjan

?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. ??

• 9400 GT
    • 8500 GT

An 8500GT 1GB or 512MB can be excellent with a level of a top-gun one overclocked to the max even with a stock fan. Runs IV flawlessly. Though I heard very bad critiques about the 94xx Series... I don't really know now but I'm okay with a super-overclocked 8500GT 512MB :P. And no dont go say OMG THE 8500GT SUX DONT BUY IT.

If you're using it for gaming I wouldnt go for either. But if your budget is limited I guess, I would go for the 9400.

Also I found this site pretty handy.

On that, the 9400 is ranked 70, and the 8500 is ranked 103. But the 9400GT is a 512MB version and the 8500 a 256MB version, which may skew the results slightly for example how SV has a overclocked 512MB 8500GT. Of course overclocking will change these, but I'd go for the 9400GT.

dw about brands lol. end of the day its the same card. lol everyone hating on ASUS, they are good...this laptop is ASUS and ive had like 2 issues. One being the burner was never able to burn audio CD and lately hasnt been able to burn anything and the other just a minor thing, if u unplug the headphones or whatever the speakers pop.

What MB's is each card? I think i'd still go 9400. Also, what's the price of the two lol. If 8500 is 20+ % cheaper I guess i'd go for that.

@SV

id like to see how you change the VRAM ? XD

@SV

id like to see how you change the VRAM ? XD

For the love of God, I didn't change it. My version is 512MB with support for TurboCache!

Yeah i know dude. Just you said

The VRAM hasn't been changed, only core and memory clocks
.my 7300 GO has turbocache. If i turn that off it fails hard lol, I looked on the NVIDIA site and its not saying. But in the video properties it says its 512MB. I think its 128MB + 384MB TC.

Anyway, I'd probably say 8500GT. NVIDIA never did a whole lot to distinguish the 9*** and 8*** series. The 9800 is pretty much the same as the 8800.

dude that is a bad example because the 9800 WAS exactly the same as 8800 except for tri-sli capability. since he is talking about 9400 and 8500. But I agree with what you're saying sort of (about not a whole big difference). I'd go for the 9400 purely because its the newer card, better support, drivers etc. think of it this way, would you buy a 7600 or a 8600 ? Sure those two are seperate cards but, since they are both reasonably low-end as it is.