Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NickS

More help

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys! What's a great free anti-spyware that I can download? I've got this Spyware Doctor and it won't get rid of the spyware I got until I buy it online. Any suggestions? The infection's starting to spread...

Shiiiiitttt, is Sybot S&D necessary to have even if I have MalwareBytes? It just seems like a bit too big file to download and my connection is a bit too slow.

If you get spybot s&d then make sure u turn off the resident program (SDHelper, teatimer) cos that eats a lot of ram etc and its fine without it.

Spybot is good though, has the immunise thing which is good.

I recommended to get both because when I scanned, malwarebytes found nothing, then i scanned with spybot and it found like 3 or 4 things. and yes they both had latest updates. So it's good to cover all bases. Unlike anti-virus programs, you can have multiple anti spyware programs without issues.

Edited by WRX22B1998

Spybot eats a lot of RAM? My computer is too slow and wondering what's causing it and installing Spybot might make things worse. Any reasons why my computer's slow?

I tried out MailwareBytes and it found 24 adware. I seems alright.

spybot chews up lots of RAM if you dont disable teatimer and sdhelper

it works better than the others imo. that and malwarebytes works the best and is what i and my cousin at his computer shop uses.

did you not read what i wrote, or as soon as you saw "chews up ram" just stopped reading the sentence lol.

Edited by WRX22B1998