What style of game?

Gerard

Which styles do you think would be best?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How realistic should the gameplay be?

• Ultra-Realistic (traffic penalties,repercussions of crime)
    • Unrealistic, can do anything (fly planes, jetpacks)
    • Unsure / somewhere in the middle
  2. 2. What should the atmosphere be like?

• Gritty, depressing, harsh reality of criminal life
    • Normal, not just the criminal underworld
    • Happy, carefree world (like Vice City)
  3. 3. Where should it start?

• Start from nothing (like Tommy Vercetti), and work your way up
    • Start a normal life, choose whether to go up or down
    • Start high-up, and fight to dominate (like Lost & Damned)

I would have to choose unsure for gameplay since I am kinda in between, I like the realistic setting but don't want to be completely realistic. Have a realistic city only add some features that appeared in GTA SA and improve on them. For the atmosphere of the game, I would have to go with what like Vice City had since that was my one of my Favorite GTA's. For where it should start, I always liked the feeling that your new to the city, Don't know anyone and have to work your way up.

For me, I definitely want to be able to do crazy shit like break into army bases and steal gunships and stuff. I want the chance drive a cop car or blow up a dam. This is stuff I wish I could do IRL, but can't because of the difficulty and consequences.

As for the atmosphere, I LOVE Vice City. However, it might be nice to balance out the crazy fun with some realism, creating more opportunity to go up and down.

And I'd like to start in the middle, and make the decisions that affect whether I enter the criminal underworld (drugs, prostituion) or work my way up the ranks into the criminal elite (the mafia, diamonds, bank heists, traffiking).

Ultra Realistic, but just not extremely over the edge.

I'd want to torture people, and gore them with blades curved as fuck. That would be awesome. Destroying buildings, climbing up on the criminal underworld ladder, mutilating people, devouring animals, killing kids (or not), burning tress, vandalizing property and much more.

Well, I went with:

Unsure/ somewhere in the middle, I wouldn't like it to be too realistic but still not like Saints Row so yeah.

Gritty, depressing, harsh reality of criminal life, GTA with a Max Payne feel? Awesome.

Start from nothing, it's been like this in pretty much every GTA and I think it works well.

I said the same thing, but for the last I chose 'Start normal and choose to go up or down'.

I chose dark and gritty, but if they could perfect what they did in Vice City I'd love that. A dark living crime underworld full of murders, drugs, and prostitutes, painted pretty with neon lights and catchy music. Inconspicuous to the average citizen, appearing to be full of potential to the ambitious business man, and the perfect place to set up shop for the mob. That's what I'd personally enjoy.

I chose unrealistic (I'm guessing vice city/san andreas is judged as unrealistic), happy carefree world like vice city (my fav gta), and start from nothing.

IMO they should make the new gta like a re-make of Vice City with another character of course. And put all the side stuff that was in San Andreas (all the assets, property missions, buy other houses, and be able to enter more buildings) that's what sorta killed GTA4 for me (even though I hardly played it).

It'd be cool if you could choose specific things to do, like for example you got a choice between the missions doing certain things. Like in GTA2 how you could choose to work for Zaibatsu, Yakuza, Scientists, Rednecks etc and a respect system like in GTA2, that'd be pretty sweet.

Oh and definitely have some way of custom soundtracks, and screenshot/camera ability (like in san andreas, save as a jpg on the hard drive of PS3/360/PC)

First question, I chose Unsure / somewhere in the middle coz I like that way rather than having things be ultra realistic (for instance, kill someone and police will be finding you all the time which gets annoying and people around you will avoid you) but it might be cool sometimes.

Second question, I chose Normal, not just the criminal underworld coz of some reasons unknown (I like it that way :P )

And last question, I chose Start a normal life, choose whether to go up or down coz that is a great way to start a game :awesome:

I wish there was a ninja style GTA game

GTA has so many possibility's!

Its a game where they could make anything to be honest.

I think you should start off in the middle say, giving you choice to up or down.

Become a wealthy man, lots of houses, cars, etc. or poor, bad car, house...

And have it really realistic, because face it, we play these games to a ) escape life! & b ) to do things that in real life we would never do or cant do. So if it was realistic then it would feel more like real life and would be more fun.

• 2 years later...

For me, I definitely want to be able to do crazy shit like break into army bases and steal gunships and stuff. I want the chance drive a cop car or blow up a dam. This is stuff I wish I could do IRL, but can't because of the difficulty and consequences. However, it would be nice to balance out the crazy fun with some realism, creating more opportunity to go up and down.

As for the atmosphere, I LOVE Vice City. However, it would be a good decision to create a city which shows both the dark side and the bright side of the city, not just one or the other.

As for where I would like to start, I'd like to start at the bottom of the table, and work myslef up as the game progresses. It is more fun that way, and so when I finally get to the summit, I can laugh in the faces of the people who once outranked me and/or who once dispised me.