Forum Bosses

Gerard

You need to be able to be active. There's no point being a Boss if you're not around to do anything. However, that doesn't mean being on for 5 hours every day, but if you're only going be on for a couple of days a month, this role probably isn't for you .

If you think you're capable of doing it, then let us know. If not, no bad feelings.

That's four days a week, and you're probably able to do a lot on a weekend. So that's fine.

Like I said, it doesn't have to be all-day every-day, you just have to be around enough to manage your forum and keep an eye on what's going on there. Sure, when you first start you'll need to spend a while sorting it out, but if you keep up that'll only need to be done once.

Okay selection time :)

The following members have been selected to become Forum Bosses. This means they are responsible for maintaining and directing their selected forum. These appointments can be revoked at any time, and these bosses may also be assigned to different forums at some point. Bosses do not 'outrank' other members, they're just in charge of their section; and staff still outrank them.

GTA IV Gameplay Discussion & Ballad of Gay Tony - Noru

GTA VC Discussion - Thomas

General Gaming - Mpilk901

Graphics & Writers' Pad - TM

Vehicles - WRX22B1998

More bosses will be assigned in the future, but this is our first group. Congratulations.

Bosses are not there to moderate or approve posts - they don't need to be there all the time.

They are there to make decisions on the sort of thing that goes on in that forum. They don't need to be there 24/7 to enforce that. Think of them as "tweaking" the forum and nudging it in the right direction, rather than having to write the content themselves or approve everyone else's posts.

We've coped alright without bosses for the past few years, so if one goes away for a week or so, it won't be a problem. If a boss leaves the forum or becomes inactive, then we may seek to replace them, but there's no rush.

Also, two people won't have exactly the same ideas. Too many cooks spoil the broth. If it was just moderating, then sure the more the better. But since they are making personal judgements and decisions (rather than just enforcing the rules), we can't have two at a time.

I'd like to have gaming, if it ever becomes available.

Second choice would be the Computer and Tech forum, but there's pretty little activity there.. Mainly just me and a handfew of some other people..

To think of it, Serious Chat and The Lounge are pretty awesome too.

I guess I'd have to be a bit less cocky though..

• 1 month later...

Gerrard, may I become the forum boss of the Fun and off Topic section? I know I won't do anything stupid. I can maybe turn thing down when stuff gets out of hand? By the way I'm active here 24/7. That was 3 month ago though. That was when there was something I had to be to. Anyway I'm active all the time and I'm extremely interested in this.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

Gerrard, may I become the forum boss of the Fun and off Topic section? I know I won't do anything stupid. I can maybe turn thing down when stuff gets out of hand? By the way I'm active here 24/7. That was 3 month ago though. That was when there was something I had to be to. Anyway I'm active all the time and I'm extremely interested in this.

I'm active all the time too and I can be good when called upon... :)

Plus I'm obviously interested the most in the Computer+Tech Forum.

Edited by Raybob

Also, you guys know that I always use very fluent English, and I promise that I would up the positive activity in the Computer+Tech Sub-forum.

Some things I would amp up:

1) I would include a well organized introduction topic (pinned), in which I'd make sure it's clear that the section is not just for posting your PC Problems, but anything related to Technology or Recent Science.

2) I would create a pinned topic that I would post in with my daily Tech News/Updates.

3) I would be online everyday and encourage positive discussion.

4) I would unpin the 'Big Ass Firefox' Topic.

5) I also promise that I would not create any topics with my own Computer Problems or Questions anymore, either.

6) I'd probably pin the Windows 7 topic.

Edited by Raybob