I have been infected by conficker.

Alvas.

So yeah I found the problem. Its because I didn't update windows. Updating right now !

EDIT : So yeah I found the problem. Its because I didn't update windows. Updating right now !

EDIT - MY AV ESET removed conficker completely before downloading the update. I still downloaded the update and installed. So I can assure I am safe.

Thanks now I can access all anti-virus websites and microsoft's so I am safe.

Although I can't get rid of this annoying message that appears when I start firefox...

untitled-2.png

Edited by Eazy.

I don't think I've ever gotten a virus. If I have it's one of those ones that's just lame and annoys you by, I don't know, something like making a program ask if you want to shut it down. Stuff that isn't really a concern. But the last time I probably got one of those anyway was ages ago. It seems pretty hard to get a virus for me.

I got infected when I sent the tower to the store to get the new GPU installed in Jan March. When it came back AVG was uninstalled and I had a trial version of Norton installed, sooo like a normal person I uninstall that and put in AVG and BAM!! Resident shield detects a conficker/s...

Edit: Yay Image!!

21589304.png

Edited by EvoLuTioN

lol im gonna jump on the bandwagon of bashing norton

norton sucks lol. but yeah it actually does. the last one i remember we had was norton systemworks 2003. that just made the computer so slow! especially only 256mb ram. it was shite. since we got rid of that we've had avg free and no problems ever.

our antivirus order

VET (its called CA now) -> Norton (briefly) -> AVG.