Playstation 3 Details

Chris

The Playstation 3, or PS3 as it is rather known, has finally been revealed at the Electronics Entertainment Exposition (E3). It's alleged to be twice as powerful as Microsoft's recently disclosed Xbox 360. So we should see some fierce competition between the two, with Sony already seemingly striking the first blow against Microsoft with the more powerful console.

In related news, IGN have confirmed Rockstar will be supporting the PS3, unfortunately no new GTA game has as of yet been confirmed. Although one has to assume GTA4 will be made. Where will we all go if it isn't? We'll have to get proper lives!

If a new GTA game is confirmed we'll have all the latest news both here and over at GTAFour with out new linked news system which is all nicely categorized as you may well have noticed by now. Each section of the website now displays news from the appropriate category if you haven't.

Thanks to Neil for the heads up.

The PS3's wireless Bluetooth controllers can support up to 7 players if I remember correctly. Other forms of controller input are USB 2.0((Four in the front, two in the back)), WIFI((for the PSP, awesomeness)), and another one which I have yet to figure out what it does, and how. ^_^

Also included in the PS3, among the greatest of new features, is video chat. During the press conference, they mention being able to have video chatting even during gameplay. Wow.

• 2 weeks later...

When will people realise the prices don't always match perfectly? People keep getting excited by simply converting prices over and it doesn't always work that way. Trust me, the PS2 came out in 2000 or 2001 I do believe. Not even a year later I bought one, 300 dollars. Someone else even said they remember it being 300 dollars on the American release day.