The latest issue of Xbox World 360 Magazine
went on sale today in the UK. It contains an eight-page preview of The Ballad of Gay Tony. Below is an overview of some of the new details revealed:
- The HUD (Heads-Up-Display) is a "Parma Violet-style pink/purple".
- The Ballad of Gay Tony features around 20 missions (about the same as The Lost and Damned), so it'll probably take around 5 hours to complete the game.
- Missions get scored out of 100% depending on your style and efficiency. You can re-play missions at any time in order to improve your scores.
- Three nightclubs are accessible - Bahama Mamas, Hercules and Maisonette 9. Luis is tasked with managing Hercules and Maisonette 9 - the two clubs which belong to Gay Tony. Hercules was not available during this preview.
- The golf course in Algonquin behind Memory Lanes now has a purpose! A golfing minigame has been added.
- New websites have been added to the in-game internet.
Additionally, four missions were detailed. So if you want to remain spoiler free about the game until you get it, stop reading this news post now. Spoilers ahead
- "Dropping In..." - Tony orders Luis to team up with Bulgarin's henchman, Timur. Bulgarin wishes to acquire The Rampage, Liberty City's ice hockey team, and Luis must storm the penthouse office and get the owner to sign his business over to Bulgarin. Luis parachutes onto the roof and heads down a maintenance stairwell before being confronted by security. At this point, alarms are blaring and the sprinkler systems go off. Luis eliminates his target by shooting him through a window, and then escapes through the window with the parachute still on his back. He lands on a moving truck, which conveniently has a mattress on its trailer. If Luis had missed the truck, he would have had to face another army of security men.
- "For the Man Who Has Everything" - This mission is done for Yusuf Amir, a billionaire property developer. Yusuf is played by Omid Djalili, as many people speculated after hearing his voice during the trailer. Yusuf wants to ship a railway carriage back to the Middle East as a gift. The first objective is to jump onto a train from the nearest overpass, which is done by tapping X at the right moment (the jump itself is automated). Luis must make his way to the front of the train, as cops shoot down at him from above in helicopters. Once Luis has disconnected the front carriage, Yusuf appears in a Skyhook chopper and lifts the carriage off the tracks.
- "Going Deep" - This mission involves silencing detectives who have evidence on Bulgarin and Timur which could see them go to jail. The plan is to rig their vehicle with a satchel bomb in an underground car park, but the cops are already onto them. Once the attackers are dead, the detectives chase Luis and Timur.
- "Sexy Time" - Yusuf wants to acquire an attack chopper called the Buzzard. It belongs to a group of arms dealers, and is situated on a yacht. Luis has to sneak on board without security seeing him and then steal the chopper. As Luis makes his way back to Yusuf's pad, Yusuf calls and orders him to go back and destroy the yacht. Some of the gangsters escape on speedboats, so the final task is to eliminate them.
Big thanks to Adam at GTA4.net
for these details.