Favourite Vocalist

Artur

Ahem...:P

Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda, both of Linkin Park. I've always loved the contrast between the two's voices and styles. It's a shame Mike keeps getting pushed to the back. Judging from their work, he's the better lyricist. Case and point: Mike wrote "Breaking the Habit", Chester wrote "Crawling". 'Nuff said. :lol:

chester_shinoda.jpg

Disturbed's own David Draiman. Aside from the kick-ass shrieks this guy can pelt out, he can also sing pretty damn melodically.

Disturbed-Lead-Singer---Dav.jpg

Angela Gossow. There's a reason Arch Enemy is my favorite melodic death metal band and it has nothing to do with how hot their lead singer is...okay, that may have something to do with it. But GODDAMN, her growls...

220px-AngelaGossowWOA2006.jpg

Lupe Fiasco. Bar none, the best rapper to come out of Chicago. Ever.

Lupe_Fiasco_2006.jpg

Notable mentions:

Eminem

Klayton Scott (Celldweller/Argyle Park/Circle of Dust)

Wu-Tang Clan (Mainly GFK, Meth, and RZA)

Nas

Jonathan Davis (Korn)

Corey Taylor (Slipknot/Stone Sour)

Amy Lee (Evanescence)

Kyo (Dir en grey)

Styles of Beyond

Edited by L-RiC

Ahem...:P

Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda, both of Linkin Park. I've always loved the contrast between the two's voices and styles. It's a shame Mike keeps getting pushed to the back. Judging from their work, he's the better lyricist. Case and point: Mike wrote "Breaking the Habit", Chester wrote "Crawling". 'Nuff said. :lol:

chester_shinoda.jpg

Disturbed's own David Draiman. Aside from the kick-ass shrieks this guy can pelt out, he can also sing pretty damn melodically.

Disturbed-Lead-Singer---Dav.jpg

Angela Gossow. There's a reason Arch Enemy is my favorite melodic death metal band and it has nothing to do with how hot their lead singer is...okay, that may have something to do with it. But GODDAMN, her growls...

220px-AngelaGossowWOA2006.jpg

Lupe Fiasco. Bar none, the best rapper to come out of Chicago. Ever.

Lupe_Fiasco_2006.jpg

Yeah dude, how the hell I forgot to add the Disturbed lead-singer. I am listening Disturbed for like 3 years. They rock. By the way, that mean looking guy from my earliest post is the lead-singer from Cannibal Corpse, hehe, death metal. They are very good.

Due to my hugely varying tastes in music, my choices are all drastically different:

400.jpg

2Pac. A rapping legend, I prefer his more upbeat songs like Keep Ya Head Up, but his other ones like Death On The Corner are OK too.

No image here, but all 5 artists who sung the opening credits of Way Down In The Hole for The Wire. They were all magnificent at it, but I don't really like the other songs they have.

howie.jpg

Howard Eliott Payne. He's a sort of Folk singer, but his voice sounds very similar to Bob Dylans, and that's why I like him a lot.

eminem.jpg

Eminem. Another lyrical genius in the rap world. Has lots of white and black fans, which is surprising for me. Thought it would be predominately white teenagers.

pavarottiRGB.jpg

Luciano Pavarotti. So many classical hits, but 2 that stand out are Nessun Dorma and La Donne E Mobile. A great powerful voice.

thriller-michael-jackson.jpg

Michael Jackson, for sure. His songs just don't age, particularly Rock With You.

WinButler.jpg

WIN Butler. Full of win, definitely. What an amazing, heartfelt, passionate singer with Arcade Fire. I can't wait for their next album. I own every piece of music they've released.

Any ONE of the artists featured on GTA Vice City. Their songs are legendary, and I don't have 1 favourite because I like all of them.

lemmy021.jpg

LEMMY! The gravel-throated lead singer of Motorhead, hasn't sung one bad song in his career.

533060263_6aaef4da39.jpg

Tom Araya, lead singer of Slayer. Really fast-paced songs, with usually satanic references, and slating every religion imagineable, but there's something more to his voice than just shouty noices.

Wu-Tang Clan, especially Method Man. Hardcore rap at its finest.

1b87f517-4f06-4f44-b171-bc6c30568e4d.jpg

Marvin Gaye, a really laid-back singer, with a great voice. I have his # 1's album, but I want more now.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice, but Kanye West sucks now. Eminem is the rising force again. Kanyes latest album, the crap robotic voiced one, is awful. There's nothing to like on that album.

It was ONLY for the lolz. I hate Kanye West, and always have. Haven't heard any of Eminem's latest stuff.

This is quite good - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSSmStZfbHY&annotation_id=annotation_719110&feature=iv but go to near the end, from 4:52 onwards. Ironically, Kanye is on the song as well.

Edited by Bateman.