• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,942 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

Rockstar Games have announced via their Twitter that the PSP version of Chinatown Wars will be released both on UMD and digital download from the PlayStation Store.

It was also said that the "first screens and more" are coming soon. Keep an eye out for more updates.

UPDATE: Rockstar have also now confirmed the above is the North American release date, Europe and the rest of the world will get it on 23rd October, as expected.

#2 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

I was just about to post this.

If it's different from the DS version then I'll consider purchasing it. If it's the same then I'll leave it because I've already played it. I'm glad that it's coming to PSP anyway though.

Nothing to see here, move along

#3 MarkD1990

MarkD1990

Hired Muscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Rockstar Games have announced via their Twitter that the PSP version of Chinatown Wars will be released both on UMD and digital download from the PlayStation Store.

It was also said that the "first screens and more" are coming soon. Keep an eye out for more updates.

Just to let you know Chris that thay have just announced that the European version is being released on October 23rd.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/rockstargames

#4 Bulletproofboy

Bulletproofboy

Hired Muscle

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

i hope its different

#5 Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

Pest Control

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

They're just porting it. I wouldn't start a game from scratch just to change its platform.
  • NotYouHaha likes this

Posted Image

#6 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:43 PM

I doubt that they are going to just straight port it, they must surely have made some alterations to it?
I may consider buying a PSP again to play CW...

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#7 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

I doubt that they are going to just straight port it, they must surely have made some alterations to it?
I may consider buying a PSP again to play CW...

Now would be a good time, with the upcoming release of the PSP Go loads of PSP games are coming. Gran Turismo, LBP etc.

Nothing to see here, move along

#8 MarkD1990

MarkD1990

Hired Muscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

They're just porting it. I wouldn't start a game from scratch just to change its platform.

Na its not just a port, its a revamp I read somewhere its going to be a open sandbox environment like LCS and VCS was. So fingers crossed it will. With new soundtracks and apparently its got voice actors on it aswell so not exactly like the DS version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users