GTA Liberty City Stories

Just one day before the start of E3 and gaming site Joystiq have essentially confirmed the name of the Grand Theft Auto PSP game.

Liberty City Stories will be its name.

I was able to check out a few of the booths being built at E3 this afternoon, one of which was that of Rockstar Games. It was pretty simple—basically just a bunch of buses parked inside a chainlink fence—but the important part was what was painted on the buses. You see, each one was dedicated to a different Rockstar project, and, nestled between a Midnight Club bus and a Bully bus (delightful alliteration, might I add), was a bus that was painted totally black but for a bit of text that read, “Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories” directly beneath the PSP logo. Could this be the official title of GTA PSP?

- Clutch

To further the claim, Rockstar Games are the registrant of the domain name LibertyCityStories.com which makes this a very viable name for the game.

We'll bring you more news as we get it. Our Liberty City Stories section of the website will from now on be reachable via GTALibertyCity.com, a rather apt domain for the game don't you think?

Thanks to Codename:GTA for the news.

Hey 888ball nice to see you around here. I'm really hyped up about this game now, it makes me want to buy a PSP, just the title of it is intriguing.

I really excited about the game too and It makes me want to buy a PSP but have you seen how much the memery cost for the PSP.

Hey 888ball nice to see you around here. I'm really hyped up about this game now, it makes me want to buy a PSP, just the title of it is intriguing.

thanks, yeah i wonder what the game will be like, 1 character with a fixed storyline or different times, different characters with different stories to tell

Actually, the person who found out the title said that it MIGHT NOT be the title. It might just be the name of the booth for all we know. You know? Stories of the game. Where you get your news for "Liberty City". If it was the name of the game, it's terrible. That is a horrid name for a GTA game.

I admit it's a bit of a mouthful to say, I guess it would commonly be abbreviated to GTA LCS. Even GTA Liberty City would be a better name in my opinion, I think it was wise of me to buy that domain though since it's definitely set in Liberty city, so it doesn't matter if they change the name of the game or not it's still directly related :D