Forum upgrade soon!

Chris

professorh9c.pngGood news everyone!

I've started working on our IPB3 upgrade again. I'm currently in the process of skin bug fixes, and have some code to write for things such as our customised warning/ban system as well as the display of news on the homepage. Once all this is done we'll be ready to upgrade the forums. The upgraded and improved forums are being skinned to match our latest website layout that we've been using since the start of the year. Our IPB3 test forum is now closed while we finish these final things.

In addition to the upgrade, a few other changes will be made. Some at the same time, some later on. This includes a re-shuffling of staff members, some important rule changes, as well as some gang-related preparations.

Timeframe for upgrading the forums is sometime this week. Hopefully on or before Friday, so that we have the weekend to work out any kinks. Since status updates from here on in are going to be relative small, it is pointless me posting about it all here. A good idea would be to follow @thegtaplace on Twitter to keep up to date with development.

The forums will be taken completely offline when the upgrade takes place. We'll post an announcement regarding that the day before on the homepage.

Lol @ Futurama reference. Might watch some Futurama later today, heh. :P

Anyways, that's pretty cool. After looking at the beta skin, I can see this skin is going to make a huge impact (Literally), but I think this is going to be for the good, cause from the time I've been on TGTAP, I just see this skin most of the time. I guess now it's time for a new, refreshing look.

Also, will there other skins as well other than the new upcoming default? Just wondering.

Edited by TM™

Cant wait. Thanks for freaking me out Connor I actually thought you were serious about 1 week o.o. I didnt even know there was a test skin. When did you put it up?

Freaked me out too. No TGTAP for a week is hell! :o

Luckily, it's not a fact.

I'm gonna miss this old black and grey skin when it's gone :cry: