Modding in Multiplayer

_Ray

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you mod your GTA IV Installation and then play multiplayer?

For example, if you install an alternate car will it show up as that car in another person's game, or what? And if you were to make a car go a lot faster, would it show up as such on another person's screen? Or would it just crash the game?

Also, I heard that some people were hacking and making cheats available in multiplayer. Is that true?

Edited by Raybob

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you mod your GTA IV Installation and then play multiplayer?

For example, if you install an alternate car will it show up as that car in another person's game, or what? And if you were to make a car go a lot faster, would it show up as such on another person's screen? Or would it just crash the game?

Also, I heard that some people were hacking and making cheats available in multiplayer. Is that true?

As for mods, I think R* implemented anti-cheat/hax systems on their games. If your custom vehicle works online, it will only show up on your game client, but not on everyone else's. And yes, there are people using hax in MP, although it would be best used if you're on free/party mode and not on a competitive environment.

• 2 weeks later...
In San Andreas, on multiplayer, modded cars look normal to people on the other end. This is because the textures/models/etc. come from your own personal computer. I am not sure how it works on GTA IV, but I would only assume the same, as this is the most efficient way to work it.

Same in FSX, custom planes appear as standard ones unless you already have them. But for example, if you modded a car to be twice as fast and got across the airport in 5 seconds, it would HAVE to show up as such on the other person's screen too wouldn't it?

Also, what if you like hacked the Main.SCM (or whatever it is in IV) and got unlimited health? Then you could never die even in multiplayer right?

In San Andreas, on multiplayer, modded cars look normal to people on the other end. This is because the textures/models/etc. come from your own personal computer. I am not sure how it works on GTA IV, but I would only assume the same, as this is the most efficient way to work it.

Same in FSX, custom planes appear as standard ones unless you already have them. But for example, if you modded a car to be twice as fast and got across the airport in 5 seconds, it would HAVE to show up as such on the other person's screen too wouldn't it?

Also, what if you like hacked the Main.SCM (or whatever it is in IV) and got unlimited health? Then you could never die even in multiplayer right?

no but you would get BANNED probably and wouldent get no second chance

GTAIV will not allow you to get on multiplayer with mods. It gives you a warning and disconnects you, but haxxors don't really use haxx, they use trainers that work in MP. The game doesn't detect trainers as I can just go on Free Mode and fire up my trainer. If I get a graphics haxx or anything, I can't go in.

GTAIV will not allow you to get on multiplayer with mods. It gives you a warning and disconnects you, but haxxors don't really use haxx, they use trainers that work in MP. The game doesn't detect trainers as I can just go on Free Mode and fire up my trainer. If I get a graphics haxx or anything, I can't go in.

How would the game even be able to tell if there's a mod or not if you're replacing the original file?

Well whatever, a trainer would be good too.... Unlimited Infernus(s). (Inferni? :unsure: )

• 3 months later...

The 1.0.5 patch they just released disabled my ASI Loaders so now I can't use any trainers.

Also if I mod any other file by patching it the game will crash on loading due to a 'Critical Runtime Problem'.

None of this happened with 1.0.4. I guess that every patch they release is to disable mods and deter cheating.

• 3 weeks later...