1. 1. Windows 7

• Yes
    • No
    • Waiting for release
  2. 2. If so, which version?

• Home Premium E
    • Professional E
    • Ultimate E

As some of you may know, some retailers a few weeks back were doing a special pre-order deal for Windows 7. In the UK, you could find the Home Premium E edition for £50 and the Professional E for a bit more. I managed to pre-order the Home Premium E edition for £44.99 from PC World which is a pretty good deal IMO. Of course now they've stopped and are doing it for about 80 (Home Premium and 100 and something for the Professional and Ultimate editions.

Edited by GTA Don

Just so you know, if MS catch you with pirated software of theirs they will fine you a minnimum of £5000 per programOS, and dont be smart thinking you will get away with it forever, cos when you register new OS's and it updates it matches the windows key to the serial code on your CPU, and if it comes up as not matching then they will lock your OS, and also why not just buy a real one, also ultimate is no different to Professional onlt ultimate has bitlock with it, i've pre-orderd Professional, i just can't stand people who pirate things like games and OS's, just dont get cought, even if you so use a crack to freeze the system activation countdown or de-activate it compleatly, you will get cought eventualy, hense why i dont use office 2007 anymore, since its not legal and my mates dads company reacently got fined for having office on multiple pc's with one key.

Just so you know, if MS catch you with pirated software of theirs they will fine you a minnimum of £5000 per programOS, and dont be smart thinking you will get away with it forever, cos when you register new OS's and it updates it matches the windows key to the serial code on your CPU, and if it comes up as not matching then they will lock your OS, and also why not just buy a real one, also ultimate is no different to Professional onlt ultimate has bitlock with it, i've pre-orderd Professional, i just can't stand people who pirate things like games and OS's, just dont get cought, even if you so use a crack to freeze the system activation countdown or de-activate it compleatly, you will get cought eventualy, hense why i dont use office 2007 anymore, since its not legal and my mates dads company reacently got fined for having office on multiple pc's with one key.

that is a very big IF. two words in response to that: phone activation

but on-topic, no I havent ordered it and probably wont for a while. The fastest computer in the house is my laptop (1.66core2 , 1gb ram, 120gb hdd) which would probably run Win7 OK, BUT i really really cbf backing up all my programs, music, and other stuff to external and moving it all back to my laptop it'd be like a 3 day job to do it all (backup, reformat, install, reload all stuff).

if and when i get a new PC (maybe I will but ... i sorta want to save for a car first since I got PS3 for games) il put Win7 on it.

Edited by WRX22B1998

May be a big IF, but still even over phone you will not get away with it if you connect to the internet, unlesss, you keep away from every microsoft site and partner, do not use games windows for live, or anything else that connects to an MS server in the similar catagory, then again lo, you can just turn of updates and you shall be ok, they wont catch you so long as you dont download updates ect, id probarbly end up with god knows how much in fines if i got cought with my pc to, i dont really mind pirating on movies ect, but i hate it when people download games, and they complain when it donesent work, or they can't mod it, anyways, im actuly becoming half tempted to cancel my pre-order and aquire vista or i can just crack RC :P, cos there isnt much difference from the final build bar the odd little tweeks, and thank got 7 dont come with IE installed or any crap like that ;).

I'm still weighing it up, canel or keep pre-order.....

Only in Europe mind, thanks to our superior law system on anti-competitive practices :)

I don't need to pre-order. Being a UK university student I will be able to download a fully legit copy of Ultimate for free via the MSDN Academic Alliance :)

Already using 7 now though, just without the serial number until MSDN puts it online.

Ahhhh, yeah good point, i forgot you can get things like that, like when i did graphical communication we got Autodesk Professional 2008 for free, hmmm, the only thing i got free in regard to web design was a HTML program and Adobe Macromedia stuido 8 with dreamweaver ect, still saved me 600 quid, your a lucky bugger chris ;), i've already decided im not pirating this, vista deserved that, but 7 deservs the money, cos its worth the 89 quid, also im not risking the fine that i can't afford ;), cos if they find this they will find the rest >_<.

May be a big IF, but still even over phone you will not get away with it if you connect to the internet, unlesss, you keep away from every microsoft site and partner, do not use games windows for live, or anything else that connects to an MS server in the similar catagory, then again lo, you can just turn of updates and you shall be ok, they wont catch you so long as you dont download updates ect, id probarbly end up with god knows how much in fines if i got cought with my pc to, i dont really mind pirating on movies ect, but i hate it when people download games, and they complain when it donesent work, or they can't mod it, anyways, im actuly becoming half tempted to cancel my pre-order and aquire vista or i can just crack RC :P, cos there isnt much difference from the final build bar the odd little tweeks, and thank got 7 dont come with IE installed or any crap like that ;).

I'm still weighing it up, canel or keep pre-order.....

well actually, WGA was installed on the computer as well as all windows updates, and WGA says its genuine. :clapping:

your move. :P

LMAO, i've just done it myself today, i've got a fake version of vista ultimate and today i decided to bung it on my other pc, and it quite happily came up as valid on the MS website for downloads, haha, sorry, im a bit non risky taker, cos my father owns a computer shop and i work there in my spare time, i have to watch what im up to as im an employee there, and according to him he can be done for employing a family member who knowingly has pirated stuff on my pc :P, MS need to work on the validation me thinks, but windows isnt exactly hard to crack with the right patch to get rid of the activation ma bob ;), hey ho hum, i suppose in some respects pirating the OS can be accepted cos a lot of people can't affford to randomly fork out that amount of money, especialy at this time of economic crysis.

Only in Europe mind, thanks to our superior law system on anti-competitive practices :)

I don't need to pre-order. Being a UK university student I will be able to download a fully legit copy of Ultimate for free via the MSDN Academic Alliance :)

Already using 7 now though, just without the serial number until MSDN puts it online.

Then give me a direct link too. :P Also I'll not preorder, or I get a direct link from Chris (xD) or I... download it from somewhere else.

Not going to pre-order.

Seriously, why the hell pre-order an OS XD. MS is sure to have loads of copies availible.

I'll get it together with a next hardware upgrade, as I'm sure to get the OEM versions, and they do bitch a bit when there are too many hardware changes (and I'm planning to change practically everything that an OS can 'see', so it would be a little stupid to buy it before the hardware.

Home Premium by the way. Well, depends on MS's Europe prices. They were insane last time (550 EUR for a retail ultimate?! They must be joking). If it will be a little more near to those of the US, I might just go get Ultimate. Or perhaps my dad can get me their enterprise edition (are they even having that this time around?).