My First Car!

Husky

Hey guys,you probably won't believe this but my dad just came home with a present.The car keys to my first car! For passing my grade and staying out of faguliciouse trouble. just now at this moment at this time, he just bought me a Acura R.l 5.30 . It's perfect for a first time drivers. Let me point out what its got:

- Everything is stock except the radio, and engine.

- Brand new leather seats

- Clean Carpets

- New windows

- New Engine

- New Tires.

Man this car is freek'n sweet!!! I havn't driven it yet. But its back in the Acura dealer for repair. The only thing thats messed up about it is its automatic trans-mition, brakes and lights. Man this is the greatest moment of my teen years. By the way here's a picture:

Acura_RL.jpg

This car right here in this pic is not my car, I got it off of wikipedia. Well Husky's version of the car is the same colour, well everything that I've just said looks like this. When I get a hold of my car I'll post a picture of it in the correct topic to post your vehicle. Yay no more asking for mom and dads car keys!

Let me know what you think K thx bai!!

• Like 1

Congrats Husky!I love Acura's, especially the RSX, how much does it go?

Man, i was excited too when my dad told me when i get mine drivers license, i would get to drive the Lancer(nope, no Evo here, 2008 Lancer)

My brother got a Mazda RX-8 that costed him all of his savings, unfortunately, i can't take pics of it cause he's not here with it.

But one thing fails in that car, it's automatic transmission, it fucks up when you're going in reverse and trying to go in 1st, also it doesn't give you the feel of driving a car.

Edited by Sтεαм.

sweet.

is that a 2002 model?

thats a pretty nice car to have for your first car, especially that your parents got you one :) i think ill have to save up for my own ... :( damn.

lol sherman, those wheels will look a bit weird on that car :P

volk te37? ahahahaha. those wheels will be pretty expensive too man. Just save up and buy a nice stereo (good headunit, some nice splits for the front, and a 12 or 15 (( or 2 12's)) for the boot. and some 6x9's in the parcel shelf :P you can probably get a decent stereo with sub and everything for under 1k aud so $500 usd u can get a nice one.

Cool. I may also be getting a Honda soon, will also be my first, yes I know I'm several years late in getting a car but you all know I'm a lazy bastard :P

Almost got a '99 Civic the other day but some tool had already bought it when we phoned up and asked to view it :(

It wasn't a Type R though, not sure I could justify the insurance costs on one of those anyway, since too many dickheads modify the fuck out of them and crash them etc. insurance costs a fucking bomb.

BTW, WTF is the deal with Acura in the USA. Aren't they just re-badged Honda's? Do they actually change shit? I mean they look exactly the same to me. What a waste of time. Surely would be cheaper just to import Honda's as they are, like every other country in the world, no?

Cool. I may also be getting a Honda soon, will also be my first, yes I know I'm several years late in getting a car but you all know I'm a lazy bastard :P

Almost got a '99 Civic the other day but some tool had already bought it when we phoned up and asked to view it :(

It wasn't a Type R though, not sure I could justify the insurance costs on one of those anyway, since too many dickheads modify the fuck out of them and crash them etc. insurance costs a fucking bomb.

BTW, WTF is the deal with Acura in the USA. Aren't they just re-badged Honda's? Do they actually change shit? I mean they look exactly the same to me. What a waste of time. Surely would be cheaper just to import Honda's as they are, like every other country in the world, no?

They're pretty much just rebaged Hondas, yeah. I'm not too sure what the deal with them is. It's kinda like the whole Toyota/Lexus deal. There's nothing wrong with a Honda... as long as you don't pretend its fast when its really not :P haha. Mine will never be fast.. maybe quick in the future, but it'll never see anything like 10's or 11's at the 1/4th.

WRX - I totally forgot about the year, its a 1996. Ah, my parents just throw me random gifts, like that sidekick I was complaining about last year.

Steam - From what I've heard the mechanic say, it goes from 0 - 80 in about 17 seconds. Very, very slow. So thats why I'm just going to change the transmission.

Chris - Acura's are nice and Honda's are the top ranked vehicles. I don't know why though. Acura's are basically for the Middle Class.

Sherman - I might change the rims, they do look kinda hideous.

Who thinks about the paint?

@BOLD: LOL! epic comment.

I have just started learning to drive, I have had one lesson so far with my next one in two days =] can't wait to learn and then get a car =]

Your car looks pretty cool husky, I am quite jealous...

We... DO... have Hondas. There are a few Acuras that don't look like any Honda's I've ever seen.

Acura is a high-end Brand of Honda, much as Mercury is a high-end brand of Ford, or Infiniti is a high-end brand of Toyota. But the cars between each brand are different in many ways.

Edited by Raybob

We... DO... have Hondas. There are a few Acuras that don't look like any Honda's I've ever seen.

Go to Europe / Asia. You'll see Hondas that make you think Acura :P

@Husky: It's not gonna be a quick car, haha. Big and heavy. Why're you changing the transmission out, is it crapping out?