Map io or dff script for adding map objects?

RomanViking

So I'm trying to import my own custom objects into the San Andreas gameworld, I can model, texture, and add collisions but I'm having trouble actually getting these models into the game.

My question is (for gmax users) do I use KAMs map io script, or the dff script to add map objects?

Surely someone knows this.

So I'm trying to import my own custom objects into the San Andreas gameworld, I can model, texture, and add collisions but I'm having trouble actually getting these models into the game.

My question is (for gmax users) do I use KAMs map io script, or the dff script to add map objects?

Surely someone knows this.

I use GMax but I can't give you any specific answer because I only use it for exporting vehicles and have zero experience with map objects. Logically, it seems that the Map IO should be used while the DFF IO is for vehicles, weapons and peds.

But if you're having trouble actually seeing the results of your handiwork even though you think you've done everything right it MAY be because of something else. Now I could be wrong but I seem to recall hearing that you have to start a new game to have new map stuff appear. You could try doing a search on your problem on the GtaForums.com site where you'll find all kinds of info on this type of thing.

Hope this helps...