Alienware Computers

Husky

I don't know why but everytime I visit the Grand Theft Auto:IV website I always look at the PC section. But for the first time I noticed the " Works Best on Alienware " badge. So I took the best half hours of my life and saw the hot and sexy looking alien PC... the Area 51 750i Desktop Gaming computer. Like what the fuck! It's real nice from the exterior. I'm not posting this topic just because I love the exterior but the specs are wow. But when I was chatting with Huckleberry Pie I asked him, should I get an Alienware gaming PC. Huck suggests Falcon Computers. Even though I never heard of them I'd rather get a computer Alienware and Falcon are selling. Other than being a total dumbass buying a shitty Dell for $6,000 and calling it a gaming PC.

Well I really don't know what to choose. Alienware or Falcon. What are your suggestions or opinions about those both? Please I don't want to hear about any other companies only if they have better performing PC's. By the way here's a link of the computer I'm talking about: http://www.alienware.com/products/area-51-...ode=SKU-DEFAULT

Whats better? Falcon, or Alienware??

- Also before you post. I don't really give a crap about the price's. Really my wallet's fatter enough.

Edited by Husky

So some of you are saying that Alien sucks? What I've said in the post, I don't care if they're overpriced. 3,000 is cheap enough to me. And no, i'm not the type of person who would just build a PC. I would just upgrade the desktop myself. If the video card is worn out. I'd buy a new one and install it in. Instead of turning it in for upgrades.

Steam what do you mean the desktop's will fall apart. The Badge on GTA IV says works Best on alien ware :/

Steam what do you mean the desktop's will fall apart. The Badge on GTA IV says works Best on alien ware :/

How would one company's computer run it better than any other with the same specs? lol. It's all hype. I had this wigger dude bragging to me he installed an Alienware OS??? It's all looks. If you've got as much money as you say, why don't you get a custom case made to your likings? And you can seriously buy the best parts out instead of settling for less. It's all in marketing and they've definitely got you hooked.

dont get alienware, they are way overpriced for what they are you could something custom built heaps better for same money or same specs a lot less, you're paying for a brand name.

i dont get why you dont care about price, i mean really, if you had the choice between a $5000 pc and a $2500 pc, they had exactly the same specs except one was alienware, would you really choose the $5000 one?

It's pretty simple.. Alienware supplies Rockstar of computers at discount, provided Rockstar puts the badge on their site. Without that, nobody would buy the overpriced systems of Alienware.

Other than being a total dumbass buying a shitty Dell for $6,000 and calling it a gaming PC.

The irony being that Alienware is owned by Dell. Really, get your facts straight, Dell used to make very good systems (their XPS Renegade was a beast of a computer for an OEM PC). They messed up their XPS brand over time though...

Personally, I hate Alienware. I find them to be dirt ugly computers.

Just go to a local computer shop and get one custom built. Cheaper, better. Just do it.

Very true. Alienware's cases aren't even made out of aluminium if I'm not mistaken, so really nothing interesting there.

Point being though, some just feel comfortable with the support. My parents for instance, they just want a computer from a well known brand of which they know that the supoort is good.

So some of you are saying that Alien sucks? What I've said in the post, I don't care if they're overpriced. 3,000 is cheap enough to me. And no, i'm not the type of person who would just build a PC. I would just upgrade the desktop myself. If the video card is worn out. I'd buy a new one and install it in. Instead of turning it in for upgrades.

I'm sorry, but the whole comment about the price makes you sound like a spoiled rich prat. Oh, yeah, who the fuck cares how much it is as long as you can afford it, right? That is not only asinine and idiotic, it is INFURIATING to someone who doesn't have thousands of dollars handed to them by mommy and daddy.

And what the fuck does a game running good on it have to do with the physical structure and quality?

Don't want to build a PC? There are PLENTY of people who will custom build PCs for you((and no, not like Alienware's "custom" builds, they still tell you what you can and cannot put in them)), and will do it for a lot less than what Alienware charges.

Go support a local business, your country's economy is failing.

When I say get it custom built, I do mean what Spaz said. Any self-respecting shop gives you the option of having them build it FOR you. Will set you back something like 20 USD, big deal.

My main concern with these prebuilt computers is their crappy motherboards and shitty PSU's. They place a PSU that barely meets the power needs. Upgrading is usually going to be a pain in the ass.

Like, imagine you've bought a computer with a GTX285 and you decide that you want to upgrade to a GTX295. Well, you can't. It just won't run usually.

Go to some online shop and visit their support forum. I'm pretty sure they'd be more then happy to help you.

When I say get it custom built, I do mean what Spaz said. Any self-respecting shop gives you the option of having them build it FOR you. Will set you back something like 20 USD, big deal.

My main concern with these prebuilt computers is their crappy motherboards and shitty PSU's. They place a PSU that barely meets the power needs. Upgrading is usually going to be a pain in the ass.

Like, imagine you've bought a computer with a GTX285 and you decide that you want to upgrade to a GTX295. Well, you can't. It just won't run usually.

Go to some online shop and visit their support forum. I'm pretty sure they'd be more then happy to help you.

lol on the topic of shitty PSU's

the one that fked up in our HP (it came with p4 2ghz 256ram mx420 80gb dvdrw, now has 1gb ram and fx5200), it wasnt standard atx size (nor was the case so i had to get a new one) AND ... it was only 200W max!! WTF!

No...

I said go to some local shop. You know, those shop run by computer enthusiasts. I'm sure you'll be able to find them. I'm sure you could simply get the hardware from Newegg and get such shop to build the computer for you. Or have them also order the stuff, w/e.

Side comment about PSU's: Yeah, they always go for the bare minimum. Make them pretty much not upgradable.

Fuck it, I'll just go into Best Buy and buy a nice PC and switch out the gfx card and just add RAM.

Edit: But who gives a fawk about the exterior? Screw Alienware, I just realized that I'd be paying for a pre-built PC with the same specs with a different case.

My comment about the case was pointing out the fact that the case is all you'd be keeping, and you'd be shelling out 500 dollars for it. You JUST realized that Alienware was a rip-off?

And be careful switching out parts on pre-built PCs. Remember, they usually use the lowest possibly PSU possible.

Also, if you can switch parts out of a PC, you can put one together.