How Can I Change My Car Speed In GTA SA ?

Hello Guys!

I'm New I Just Have Played GTA Sa But I'm New With The Mods, can Any One Tell me How can i change the car speed ?

I've Tried Handing Editor And It Does Not Works With Vista Also If I Change With Handling Editor It's Always Giving errors.

Please Tell Me How Can I Edit It My self.

Thanks.

Ok this is your problem "Windows Vista" and why I run Linux and my brother runs XP.

If you modify or create a program in the “program files” directory, or a program does it for you, Vista will play tricks on you.

This includes:

1. Editing a file yourself, even if you have administrator privleges

2. Any program that writes a data file to the program files directory (unless it’s an installer).

3. Any program that writes configuration or .ini files to the program files directory (unless that program was launched by an installer).

Vista makes some sort of “shadow” copy. That’s what happens when Vista asks for special permission to continue with the “file save” or delete. You will find the old file lurking in: C:\Users\USER ID\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ So you could mess with it there.

So if you want to make changes to a program you must install it to something other than the default directory. Some Vista users install to the desktop. I would try to reinstall to C:\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas Modded (if you have the drive space for two installs). Then edit the handling.cfg file as you please.

My bro Josh has no problems running SA in XP, but recently assembled a new system. Using a dual core processor he found out he must set the affinity to which processor to run it on. SA lags a bit on my system, but I have had much success running my Vice City in Linux using Wine.

:thumbsup:

Ok this is your problem "Windows Vista" and why I run Linux and my brother runs XP.

If you modify or create a program in the “program files” directory, or a program does it for you, Vista will play tricks on you.

This includes:

1. Editing a file yourself, even if you have administrator privleges

2. Any program that writes a data file to the program files directory (unless it’s an installer).

3. Any program that writes configuration or .ini files to the program files directory (unless that program was launched by an installer).

Vista makes some sort of “shadow” copy. That’s what happens when Vista asks for special permission to continue with the “file save” or delete. You will find the old file lurking in: C:\Users\USER ID\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ So you could mess with it there.

So if you want to make changes to a program you must install it to something other than the default directory. Some Vista users install to the desktop. I would try to reinstall to C:\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas Modded (if you have the drive space for two installs). Then edit the handling.cfg file as you please.

My bro Josh has no problems running SA in XP, but recently assembled a new system. Using a dual core processor he found out he must set the affinity to which processor to run it on. SA lags a bit on my system, but I have had much success running my Vice City in Linux using Wine.

:thumbsup:

Thanks,i disabled My UAC Now.

But I Don't Any thing About Editing Handling Files Can You Explain A Tutorial About Handling ?

Sure why not. The handling file is just a text file. Best to open with notepad click on Format on your tool bar and make sure "word wrap" is not marked.

Anything with a semicolon is for you to read and ignored by the program. For example;

; Author: Bill Henderson
; Created 10/12/1999
;
; > COMMENTS <
; ------------
; TWEAK AT YOUR OWN RISK
;

The first line of code is way down there;

LANDSTAL	 1700.0  5008.3 2.5 0.0 0.0 -0.3  85  0.75 0.85 0.5	  5 160.0 25.0 20.0 4 D 6.2   0.60 0 35.0  2.4  0.08  0.0   0.28 -0.14 0.5  0.25	0.27 0.23 25000 20	500002	0  1	0

This is the handling for the Landstalker. 1700.0 is the vehicle weight (values in metrics) If you increase this value to 25000.0 when you hit a light weight car you won't feel it. Just like jousting the heavier unit wins. The 5008.3 is the mass on a turn and this makes the Landstalker very easy to flip. Drag is how much the vehicle will slow down on its own. A zero value means it won't stop on its own. The next 3 numbers are the location of the vehicle center of gravity. Playing with these values can have some freeky results (cars that flop around like fish).

See this?

; (N) TransmissionData.fMaxVelocity		[5.0 to 150.0]
; (O) TransmissionData.fEngineAcceleration	[0.1 to 10.0]

The Landstalker has 5 gear transmission and right after that is 160.0 which is its top speed and acceleration of 25.0

Those are the values to increase to make it go faster.

To continue, where this starts to get kind of tricky is at the end of the line and the "flags" are written in hexadecimal. For example if the vehicle you are editing has a 2G Boost the first digit would be 2 but if you want both the 2G Boost and NPC ANTI ROLL then you would add 4 and make it a 6. Anything with letters A - F are really numbers 10 - 15 but since we need 2 spaces to type 10 the letter A is the substitute.

Be sure to back up your file, experiment and get messy.

Vincent

Edited by ToonSkull