Leatherface

rp2k9

The Shark is fake. It cannot be found in San Andreas anywhere. The data files inside gta3.img are left off from Vice City where there was a Shark. The data files are in San Andreas but the Shark will not spawn without a mod.

Here's a simple guide (well, it was but I write websites alot so I picked up a habbit of blabbering on with detail) to the myths. Want proof on a specific one? Just ask :P

Aliens = Fake

Bigfoot = Fake

Blue Hell = True, not really a myth though. The lack off ceiling in the gym is either a glitch or an easter egg of sorts.

Bodybags = True. These are found near your Abandoned Airport next to a "Ghost Truck". These are an easter egg which is part of "The introduction" by Rockstar Games where 2 guys are seen burrying someone in the exact spot.

Epsilom = Some theories are true (external sites and phone numbers) and some are false. Rockstar have never denied this myth unlike the others. It's said that doing something to do with epsilom unlocks a secret place called Puerto Amarilla Valley.

Ghosts = Fake

Ghost Cars = Real. They're not really self-driving. It's just an inconviniently placed vehicle that rolls down a hill. Cars are

found battered and believed to be ghost cars.

Ghost Grafiti = Aparently Real, although I've never seen it myself. Aparently there is Grafiti in the cemetary that dissapears sometimes. That's it... Not very ghost like but oh well...

Ghost Planes = Real, planes fall from the sky and "crash land". This is simply a bug in the game that Rockstar thought was cool, so they kept it in (so they say, I reckon they couldn't fix it :P).

Ghost Town = Real. Just a part of the map that you can access through game errors. Geeze, so many Ghost myths.

Horses = Fake. These are referenced in a story about Las Barrancas on the Rockstar Website but there is no evidence of horses actually in game.

Leatherface = Fake

Nessie = Fake

Piggsy = Fake

Suicidal Photographer = True. It's a ped that is taking photos and then walks off into a watery grave. Proberbly a glitch.

The Birds = This is just a pattern that is on some textures. Similarities between each one are coincidental. They do not point to anything.

UFO's = Fake, any UFO pictures are either mods or the spinning thing outside lil probe in.

The UFO Map

This is real. There's know way of saying that it is definately a UFO map besides from the fact it is in Lil Probe Inn which is filled with UFO pictures and has a spinning UFO outside of it. This map has been accurately pinpointed and their locations have been visited... But nothing was found. There is no evidence whatsoever to say that this map means something and I don't think Rockstar intended it to. Unless they were using it as a teaser, course.

The Rusty Wheelchair

This thing drove everyone mad with excitement. It's found at the end of a pier. This thing was believed to reference the Texas Chainsaw Massacre although it is aparently the exact wheelchair found in the Rockstar Game, Manhunt. In Palomino Creek you can hear people talking to each other about the wheelchair:

"Have you seen this disabled person chair moving?"

"No, have you?"

"Neither have I, bye-bye!"

There are numbers and a "Skip Hire" mesage on the wheels. Although people believe the numbers to be a time that gives a clue of an event in San Andreas, I reckon it is just the texture from the Skip models in San Andreas, with the number being the phone number that is on the Skip.

The Trenchcoat Guy

Not much to this either. This is a guy who walks around the Desert towns and he randomly says stuff refering to aliens. If you harrass him too much he will attack you and shout out random things to do with aliens. Aliens do not exist.

There are many other, not so popular myths that are all usually fake. Such as earthquakes, volcano's, murderers.. Actually that last one might be true considering it's GTA n all.. -_-

The Chainsaw Sound

People say they hear the sound of a chainsaw in the woods sometimes (supposed evidence towards Leatherface). Of the stories I've read, though... I personally believe that it is the sound of a Sanchez. Most of their stories say "I got off my dirtbike and heard this chainsaw noise". Hmm... Chainsaw noise = dirtbike? Or maybe the sound of a automatic gun in the distance?

The Secret Markers

The not so secret markers are enex markers often found in the sky. Why? Because interiors are in the sky in San Andreas so that they don't use up map space. They can't be below San Andreas as when you go far enough down you are teleported. Hence R* put em in the sky and the markers to get back to the real world are often found there. Also, markers that somehow up there that lead to interiors usually lead to places you can access in game. As well as cutscene locations and unused interiors. The ones that don't do anything are test markers.

Proof behind these decisions?

• Out of the thousands of players to search for myths, none have found the ones that are said to be fake.
  • The ones that are fake can be proven since modders can unlock just about every single aspect of the game to see and nothing has been found.
  • The ones that are true, people have actually seen, can do and took real pictures of.
  • The screenshots containing myths are mostly photo edited.
  • The classical "I was flying in my car around Area69 and then I saw a UFO." will simply be either a lie or they have just seen a helicopter or plane. They come after you if you go to Area69, yet cannot get close to you because of the speed of a flying car.
  • Did I mention all the photo-edited pictures?
  • Rockstar have confirmed some of these myths to be false.

My favourite Myth is Epsilom. There are so many clues of stuff to do with it including Rockstars Epsilom website and the San Andreas trailer. The only doubt about it is that no more clues are being found and there is nothing coded in the game to do anything when the character is on a bridge, at a certain time, with a certain car, with certain clothes, after doing a certain thing and having lead a certain "lifestyle"...

So tbh... All the true myths are boring anyway. I used to love believing in these though. Kinda broke my heart when I found out that they definately don't exist... All those years, y'know?

Edited by Deji

That's some long list you got there! :P

Never heard of a Nessie before. :mellow:

Nessie is a loch ness monster... Which is a stupid myth as the game is set in america, not scotland.

Does sound pretty stupid. Even if did exist, why would R* put that in anyway?

The Shark is fake. It cannot be found in San Andreas anywhere. The data files inside gta3.img are left off from Vice City where there was a Shark. The

===SHORTENED - CHECK ABOVE FOR FULL LIST===

The Secret Markers

The not so secret markers are enex markers often found in the sky. Why? Because interiors are in the sky in San Andreas so that they don't use up map space. They can't be below San Andreas as when you go far enough down you are teleported. Hence R* put em in the sky and the markers to get back to the real world are often found there. Also, markers that somehow up there that lead to interiors usually lead to places you can access in game. As well as cutscene locations and unused interiors. The ones that don't do anything are test markers.

Proof behind these decisions?

• Out of the thousands of players to search for myths, none have found the ones that are said to be fake.
  • The ones that are fake can be proven since modders can unlock just about every single aspect of the game to see and nothing has been found.
  • The ones that are true, people have actually seen, can do and took real pictures of.
  • The screenshots containing myths are mostly photo edited.
  • The classical "I was flying in my car around Area69 and then I saw a UFO." will simply be either a lie or they have just seen a helicopter or plane. They come after you if you go to Area69, yet cannot get close to you because of the speed of a flying car.
  • Did I mention all the photo-edited pictures?
  • Rockstar have confirmed some of these myths to be false.

My favourite Myth is Epsilom. There are so many clues of stuff to do with it including Rockstars Epsilom website and the San Andreas trailer. The only doubt about it is that no more clues are being found and there is nothing coded in the game to do anything when the character is on a bridge, at a certain time, with a certain car, with certain clothes, after doing a certain thing and having lead a certain "lifestyle"...

So tbh... All the true myths are boring anyway. I used to love believing in these though. Kinda broke my heart when I found out that they definately don't exist... All those years, y'know?

We ought to just have this posted up and ban anyone who starts a myth topic, I've typed lists simalar to this about 4 times in other myth topics, and it's really annoying isn't it :pissedred:

Anyway, the markers are annoying - I spent ages getting to the one in Fort Carson, only to find myself in Cluckin' Bell. I had a major glitch once when I exited Reeces barber shop I was about 10,000 feet above ganton, lulz.

I totally agree with the thing you put about Myths being real or Not. I've seen posts before that say things like "OMG! OMG! I just found leaatherface in the middle of the road in pataptaleon (or whatevr its called) but my comp crashed and i lost the photos I took". Personaly the myths I hate the most are the ones about the Aliens engraved in rock which means aliens have been to SA - They dont remotly look like aliens.

One thing I want to know though - A while back I was talking to Samil about UFOs and he gave me some screenshots of wormholes in the sky. I've never seen on the game - Has anyone else?

Edited by Butters!

That's something I forgot to mention about UFO's...

Common mistakes for UFO's are always usually planes. Those lights that blink in the sky are NOT UFO's. They're meant to be planes at a far distance... Much like in real life when you look up at night and you see the flashing of a plane far away. It's basically meant to give the illusion of far away planes in San Andreas and NOT UFO's!

I even chased one and after about an hour of chasing the same one I got close enough to even fly through it and it is indeed, just a blinking light. I have to admit though, the thing turns alot and goes at insaine speeds for a plane but I don't think Rockstar were expecting us to judge the game on the speed of a flashing light. lol.

But what about womholes - I'm sure Samil (or whoever it was) just photoshopped them, and I agree thos balls of light look nothing like UFOs. I think most of the myths about them are just exuses to upload youtube vidoes.

@RAPTORX22

* I don't know everything about it, but I still know to much to wright it all down, so just go to myepsilon.org - That's pretty much all of the usefull info grouped together.

Guess I'll be the bring down then. Seen as though theres been about 5 posted in JUly, thought I'd bring your attention to this. ( A rule which I myself have broken once :bashhead: )

The Spirals are in this topic I started (I warn you though, the acctuall topic has NOTHING to do with UFOs - The thread got jacked). DO NOT BUMP THAT TOPIC OR YOU MAY BE BANNED!

" off topic "

@ Butters....that was an interesting topic i never notice that untill i read it....that is strangly odd :weird: ill go with the earthquake theory since on the news channel it talks about the eartquake in SA

@RAPTORX22.....i thought the samething untill i found out most of these so called "myths" were fake and/or mods

@Butters

F**kin awesome topic you got (the first few pages) even more new myths (it's actually old but I just found out :lol: )

@RAPTORX22

Don't worry about the myths, they won't do any harm in game (coz they're not there or they could :evil: )

• 1 year later...