Your first browser ?

Alvas.

Your first browser !!!  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which was your first internet browser ?

• Opera
    • Internet Explorer(specify which)
    • Firefox
    • Netscape
    • Maxthon
    • Avant browser
    • Other (specify which)

Well by first browser I don't mean if you used it for like 1-2 days. I mean a one in which you had trust and used it for like a month at least. If you choose other then please specify which by posting here. Even if you don't it would be better if you would post.

I'll start..

IE6(Internet Explorer 6). :P Yeah I know that was shit but when I was new to the world of Internet. I thought it was the fast, most secure browser ! Weird ha but thats actually what I thought. :innocent:

Fire onnnn! :D

IE5.

That browser is faster than any of the current now.

DIT: Although i think this topic is a bit stupid since we all started off with IE5, it was the only thing that could access the net on Windows(Mac owners fuk u)

IE5 Faster than any of the current ones ? :lolbounce:

What made you think that all people use IE5 maybe there are some people who used IE4 or maybe 1E1 ? :huh:

Also there were many other local browser in that time as well.

Go onnnnnnn !

Well all the benchmarks show IE8 as the slowest modern browser, and it always had been. IE7 used to be the slowest, before that IE6 was. Despite the improvements made in IE8, the speed differences were pathetic compared to those seen in ALL the other browsers.

Safari 4 and Firefox 3.5 (beta) currently own in terms of speed. Followed closely by Firefox 3 and Opera 9.6.

IE is so far behind, I really cannot see why you're so pro-IE when it's proved by multiple sources it's easily not only the slowest, but also the least secure and least standards compliant.