GTA London

Gerard

Everybody's aware of the old GTA London mod for Vice City - that never got close to release...

I'm the new owner of www.GTALondon.com and at the minute we have some forums, nearly a week old. We've covered most of the basic gta-related topics, plus the UK election, and dealt with a spamming influx.

We are currently in discussion with some friends, colleagues, partners and modders to bring a GTA London mod to reality. This will not be the total conversion promised many months ago under the previous management of Suction Testicle Man and Monitor57, it will mainly be an edit of VC, with a lot of texture and vehicle editing.

We hope to just bring together the mods made for the original GTA London mod, and a bit of land editing, new or edited peds, vehicles, buildings and weapons hopefully.

We are looking for people who may be able to help us throughout this long slow process, just reply here or on our site. Since its not going to be a massive conversion, it shouldn't take years to make. If we get a few people on the team, and soom good ideas put forward, we should be able to release the Vice City conversion within a few months.

Maybe a San Andreas conversion could be made later in the year, or over the summer. A lot of mods have been anticipated for SA, and a lot of VC mods will be either compatible or convertable to the similar SA formats. If this can be done, then we could have a killer on our hands.

But thats looking too far into the future. Come to our site www.GTALondon.com for the latest info.

Thanks guys

We appreciate it is a big job, and we have seen so many great modders fail when it comes to total conversions, but that is why we have decided to tone ours down.

We have already started adding new land and editing things today. We probably won't replace all of the VC land, and we will be using the exisiting land and building features to save us making our own. Hopefully with these concessions, we will actually succeed in making a good conversion in time.

We will also not be making missions, new systems, or edits to the game engine. This will be reserved for later, but the mod is not designed to be a replacement used for the VC or SA missions, its supposed to be for general post-mission gameplay. If and when we get the mod done, we may add our own missions, but the furthest we aim to go is gang editing, handling editing, and paths.

• 3 weeks later...

A little bit of progress news for you. As I'm doing the town square and the main coding. I am now in the process of adding over 100 new car spawns to Vice City. Including 2 new hunter and 2 new rhino spawns, though all four are hidden well.

• 3 weeks later...

hi im new here as you can see. but i see you are make'n a mod, i was just wondering if there is graffiti in london? if so can i make some graffiti and you some how put it in the moded city that your making? i do way better graffiti than the one's in san andreas, i can do some pretty hard core stuff if you know what i mean jelly bean..........

is there any possible way to put my own graffiti in it? i can post some samples here if you want.............that would be awsome if you could put some of my graffiti in it.

:thumbsup: