Agent

Blur

Rockstar are only the publishers of LA Noire, Australian studio Team Bondi are developing, so it shouldn't be "replaced" as you put it.

Since it is R* North though, I wonder how this might impact development of "GTA V". Probably won't affect it too much actually.

I think Agent's "exclusivity" is actually a fairly decent plan, most games that are now going multi-platform are huge franchises... Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, and let's not forget how GTA was always Sony exclusive too.

So perhaps they'll make it a timed exclusive, keep it on PS3 for a year then bring it out on 360 and PC, just like how all the GTA games used to do.

As long as Sony do their part in helping the game along it should go ok. Because with exclusivity you're always going to start off with a smaller install base than is possible if you went multi-platform.

We do actually have a domain secured in case we do decide to make a fansite. I wasn't actually 100% serious when I made that comment but having read more about the game, or at least what's been revealed so far, it does sound pretty interesting. Perhaps in a similar vein to LA Noire? Obviously at a later period though.

I can't really webmaster any more sites though so if it was done someone else would have to run it. I also need someone to run our LA Noire site too.

*Raises Paw*

I'm interested on running your L.A Noire site, I will try to act less of a noob, and a dumbass.

I could also run it if you want Chris. I have ran so many sites that this one wouldn't be a surprise :P Plus, I currently run one.

Rockstar are only the publishers of LA Noire, Australian studio Team Bondi are developing, so it shouldn't be "replaced" as you put it.

Since it is R* North though, I wonder how this might impact development of "GTA V". Probably won't affect it too much actually.

I think Agent's "exclusivity" is actually a fairly decent plan, most games that are now going multi-platform are huge franchises... Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, and let's not forget how GTA was always Sony exclusive too.

So perhaps they'll make it a timed exclusive, keep it on PS3 for a year then bring it out on 360 and PC, just like how all the GTA games used to do.

As long as Sony do their part in helping the game along it should go ok. Because with exclusivity you're always going to start off with a smaller install base than is possible if you went multi-platform.

I concede good sir. Team Bondi escaped me, it is all coming back now :P

I agree with you on the exclusivity thing. If this turns out to be an epic smash hit, then porting it from PS3 to Xbox is a smart choice.

Little nitpick, Grand Theft Auto was originally a PC game that was ported to the Playstation a few months later. :P

If they say that this is gonna be as big as GTA, it certainly is. They've known how to please us with GTA for years and they have never actually said a single GTA game was going to have a big impact before. So if they did all that without believing how good it was gonna be, I'm sure they can make something 10x better when they say it is gonna be good.

Might have to set up a website for this, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

The official website for Rockstar's PS3 exclusive is now up. While there is nothing new about the Agent, since they have luanched up the website this must

mean for news to come within the weeks.

A recap on the information so far: Agent will be set in the 1970's and will take the player across the globe in the shadowy world of espionage. Agent is said to

have the same impact as the GTA series.

Here is a quote I found. "We think this has the potential to be yet another great Rockstar North franchise title. ... It's the Houser Brothers and Rockstar North. It's the A team working on an AAA title. I think the subject matter, the characters, the story, the environment, the background--all the elements are there. It's such a rich environment to play in."

http://www.rockstargames.com/agent/

Just to let ppl know, I think Team Bonzai went bankrupt and was too short on developers. So we're fucked with L.A. Noire until R* finds a new company to help. And we have quite a hand full of games coming from R* soon: AGENT, Cinatown Wars on PSP, Red Dead Redemption, Gay Tony. So I think this stuff will hold us off 'til (and if) L.A. Noire comes out.