#1 TOXIC

TOXIC

Right Hand Man of the Raiders

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • India 

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:48 AM

Hey guys, I've been thinking of this since a long time, so here goes. The hows/whats/whos are as follows :

-Three judges [2 (any even number here if more people are interested in judging) + 1 backup in case its a tie.]
-First we declare a short deadline so as to gather up who all are gonna participate.
-Then the judges put them into pairs [A v/s B, etc]
-Then the judges give each 'pair' a separate theme [of a sig or something similar] in separate topics
-Deadline given to them
-Judges decide whose work is best
-Participant advances, and so on to the finals.

I know some of you guys may find it odd about the two people competing, but I must assure you it was the best method that we used on the GFX tournament at GTAstunting.net forum. So what you guys say? Hoping an Affirmative. :)

The Raiders' MC Gang Chat-The Raiders' MC Recruitment

Posted Image
Want a Signature? An Avatar? Any Graphic work? Just checkout the following links :
TOXIC's Graphic Shop or TOXIC's Graphic Gallery

#2 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:39 AM

Had planned something of this sort last year, Here's a rough idea on how it will/ was supposed to go down(Just noticed there are a ton of typos/grammatical mistakes,etc in that. Forgive me for that :3).
Posted Image
My idea is based on a everyone votes/Points based system, It should last for bout 2 months if we have 4/5 points rounds.

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#3 Alvas.

Alvas.

Stay Cool !

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • India 

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

Yessss ! I was waiting for this stuff lets do this... :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 TOXIC

TOXIC

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  • India 

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

Well the only reason I don't support the voting system, is that practically the same number of people or even the same people won't vote every time. But with the Judges thing, its the better option, in my opinion.

Posted Image
Want a Signature? An Avatar? Any Graphic work? Just checkout the following links :

#5 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

Well we don't require a particular number of votes, just enough votes to have a first. secound and third place. Judges have their cons too, selecting them for one, then there's the problem of them being/people thinking they are biased.

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#6 Alvas.

Alvas.

Stay Cool !

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • India 

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

If we put up voting then there will be no probs since it will be everyone's opinion. But if we keep judges if someone likes someone's particular work they will only vote for him.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:05 AM

I don't like the judges idea, certain people prefer certain styles. Should just be an open voting system.

Nothing to see here, move along

#8 Alvas.

Alvas.

Stay Cool !

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • India 

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

So what has happened to the fat ass idea ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 TOXIC

TOXIC

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  • India 

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

Fat ass failure. No attention, no activity, no competition. I'm not being pessimistic, its just whats happening.

Posted Image

#10 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

To be honest, I don't think it'd be a great idea at this time. For one, most of us who do graphics, are pretty much busy with life. I would love to do it, but I have such a busy lifestyle now, it's harder to be on here or on photoshop making signatures or any type of graphics, really.

I do hope to return on graphics though. The idea of a competition sounds good, but you need alot of people, we only a few people who do graphics now on here. But things should change once all of us are in summer.

Why don't you guys (Who are active) just simply make a small competition between yourselves (through PM).

This section should revive soon.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#11 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

To be honest, I don't think it'd be a great idea at this time. For one, most of us who do graphics, are pretty much busy with life. I would love to do it, but I have such a busy lifestyle now, it's harder to be on here or on photoshop making signatures or any type of graphics, really.

+1.

This section seems pretty inactive atm anyway, so it probably would be better to wait a while for things to pick up again.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#12 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

+1.

This section seems pretty inactive atm anyway, so it probably would be better to wait a while for things to pick up again.

But just waiting won't solve anything, things will remain the same.
I think it would be good to the more skilled gfx people to just post some new stuff to atract more people.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#13 Alvas.

Alvas.

Stay Cool !

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • India 

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

Till then I think this things should be locked then...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

+1.

But just waiting won't solve anything, things will remain the same.
I think it would be good to the more skilled gfx people to just post some new stuff to atract more people.

They mean wait until the people into graphics, and as thus, this section, gets more active. Forcing it into activity will NOT work.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#15 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:33 AM

This is for the most part, a GTA forum. Not a graphics-based forum. It'd be a different story if a bigger percentage of our member's were into graphics but that's not the case...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users