Second DLC: The Ballad of Gay Tony announced

Chris

IPB ImageRockstar have finally announced details of the second episode of downloadable content exclusive to the Xbox 360, The Ballad of Gay Tony, in which as many of us imagined, we will play as Luis Lopez.

Additionally, a disc containing both episodes entitled Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City will be released and will retail for $39.99.

From the press release:

Rockstar Games is proud to announce the fall release of both the second episode of Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony - exclusively for download on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, which will include both episode one The Lost and Damned, and episode two The Ballad of Gay Tony together on a single disc exclusively for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. "Liberty City is the most vibrant game world we've created yet. The episodic structure has allowed us to interweave stories, gameplay and atmosphere in a whole new way," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The team at Rockstar North have yet again surpassed themselves, and made something that is both epic and very innovative. This episode's focus on high-end night life contrasts with the biker gangs portrayed in The Lost and Damned, whilst giving us a lot of new gameplay possibilities." Grand Theft Auto IV's second downloadable episode, The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.

Like the first one, this episode will cost $19.99 (1600 MS points). If you're planning on buying the disc version with both episodes, you'll be pleased to know that it will not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV.

We've opened a new subforum for discussion of episode two, though you can use this news post to discuss the announcement.

Fanboy's will probably think its Toni Cimpriani. Wow but I'm suprised with the CD part. Its better than waiting for HOURS to download.

BTW the name reminds me of the retarded movie: Talladega Nights The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

If they were fanboy's, wouldn't they already know who Gay Tony is from the game. You know.. seeing as they're... fanboy's? :erm:

Anyway, I'll leave it a year, and if these haven't come out on the PS3 and the rumors of a timed exclusive are officially quashed, I'll pick myself up a 360 and the bundle disc.

Thats it I cant take it any more. I need a 360!!

"Like the first one, this episode will cost $19.99 (1600 MS points). If you're planning on buying the disc version with both episodes, you'll be pleased to know that it will not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV."

Thats good because I dont want to spend an extra $50 dollars for a copy of GTA IV when I already have one for the PS3.

Edit: "Liberty City is the most vibrant game world we've created yet. The episodic structure has allowed us to interweave stories, gameplay and atmosphere in a whole new way. The team at Rockstar North have yet again surpassed themselves, and made something that is both epic and very innovative. This episode's focus on high-end night life contrasts with the biker gangs portrayed in The Lost and Damned, whilst giving us a lot of new gameplay possibilities." - Sam Houser

This is going to be awesome.

Edited by totalaccessGTA

It sounds like it will be a good game. I won't be buying it yet though, I need to buy the first DLC before I buy this one when it is released.

To be honest, I'm really disappointed with the new character, it's not the type I like but eh, I guess the dlc could still be good.

I agree with you on that one. I would've preffered it if it was someone with a lot more involvement in the game such as Packie and the fact that some people are taking it far too seriously.

It sounds like it will be a good game. I won't be buying it yet though, I need to buy the first DLC before I buy this one when it is released.

Definitely worth the money (TLAD), if it's any indication of what to expect than TBoGT should be a good one.

As for characters, Johnny K was the first GTA character I could really identify with.

LOL... The Ballad of gay tony?? I would've never expected rockstar to give the 2nd dlc that name... and Luis Lopez is my exact real name... so wierd to have a gta character with the same name as me...

Shut the hell up. If your name is Luis Fernando Lopez then you have the stupidest name in the world. Luis Lopez? Come on it sounds real stupid like Victor Vance.

Well both are insanely common Hispanic names so I don't see how it's weird. Look at all the famous Hispanic/Latino whatever you wanna call it actors, so many of them are Lopez, Fernandez, Cortez or Rodriguez.

While they are pretty common names I know that... but I never thought a GTA main character would have my name.... and what's up with you Husky, while are you being an such an ass lately?