Why Wait?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Thomas.

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:17 PM

Generally it would be quite expensive and time consuming to make your own GTA Game. Obviously if you do make a game similar to GTA then you would have to start it from scratch due to copyright laws in the USA. But the time consumption and effort would probably pay off if you do decide to do it. If you do it yourself then it won't cost quite as much as it would with other people - you would have to think of a script, model all the vehicles etc.

You would have to have some basic knowledge in any modeling program, I have knowledge in Inventor - where I made a Microwave with ease and viewed it in simulation. Inventor is a good start for any modeling program. For the script you would need have a lot of creativity and experience to do it. You would need to plan what each of your characters say and what their actions are when saying it. You would need to hire people to do voices. Like I said it will be expensive.

Anyway being in Scotland, Rockstar North are beginning to hand out game creator tools to schools so I can make GTA stuff whenever. That's what the English department head said anyway.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#22 Connor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

There's no way you're going to make anything that even comes close to the quality and brilliance of the real GTA.

Think about that first.

Edited by Connor, 31 May 2009 - 04:47 PM.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#23 Raysk9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • United States 

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:24 AM

If you really want to make some type of game like GTA, I suggest buying one of those Game Makers like RPG Maker XP/VX or something else or better. With some editing in the scripts, You could probably make what ever game you want but won't look that good since their graphics are like what the first Final Fantasy game looked like. That's as close as you will get unless you completely mod your GTA game. If you want a mod that replaces San Andreas with something new. Take a look at Gostown6 made by some members on GTAForums.

I hoped you noticed I dicied to drop this idea Okay. completly out of my mind when i posted this.

Edited by Raysk9, 08 June 2009 - 12:25 AM.

#24 Deji

OG Joke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:14 PM

Haven't you seen all the mods for GTA? All the brilliant models, cool extra animations, coding mods and just about anyone can mod the data files. I'm pretty sure if someone knew how to make a game engine (there's actually loads given away for free) then we could build one from scratch... Can't be assed though. Plus, if it was too like GTA then we'd be sued so there's no point really... We should just continue making full conversions if you ask me :)

#25 MrLanceVanceDance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

There is no way in hell that a large bunch of modders can create a GTA better than a Rockstar Games created Grand Theft Auto Game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users