E3 2009

The Bossman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L-RiC, srsly, stop with the Microsoft worship. Microsofts exclusives don't exactly match up to Sonys, either, in terms of quality. This topics about E3. If you want to continue this, use your PMs, because that's what it's there for.

ktnxbye.

PM him about it if you really don't like it, instead of posting here as well. I thought it was a fair good discussion. Something we probably need more in this forum. Chill. And as for people worshipping, look at your XBL gamertag. EVERYONE has their favorites - and if you think L-RiC was worshipping there lmao, go ahead and label Mpilk and Ivan as worshippers as well.

"ktnxbye"

It does annoy me when people slate Sony. They've done so many things wrong, I couldn't possibly list all of them, but, they do come up with decent ideas from time to time. I'm just saying, some people should appreciate them more, instead of constantly slating. I'm talking in general now.

L-RiC didn't even start all that off and where was he actually worshipping Microsoft? It looks like it's the other way round to be honest.

I think you're just getting pissy because all the shit about your favourite console is being shot down by him.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing about the Modern Warfare 2 stuff in there.

He did, technically. The little quote about them needing good games, they do have good games, but most of them are going to Microsoft. Yeah, his comments irritated me, this is a forum, I can speak out if I want to, but Sony themselves irritate me as well. Quite why they can't hold on to exclusives I do not know, and that's what irritates me the most.

Not completely sure whether you knew I was joking or not, but I was showing how Ivan, L-RiC, and you were not worshipping anything so if Bateman was going to slap a label across L-RiC's forehead as a worshipper, then he might as well do the same to Ivan and you for not doing anything either. :)

As for Microsoft's line-up, I have no idea. I don't own a PS3 or 360 so I'm in the dark. Heh. I'd reccomend looking at the first post of this topic though. Should help.

See the bit I typed above.

L-RiC, srsly, stop with the Microsoft worship. Microsofts exclusives don't exactly match up to Sonys, either, in terms of quality. This topics about E3. If you want to continue this, use your PMs, because that's what it's there for.

ktnxbye.

Honestly, dude. Fuck you and your double standard. All I said was that Sony has a habit of losing its once-exclusive franchises due to Microsoft having enough money to make sure those games are also released on the 360. Two people gladly explained their opinion why the PS3 was going to rule this year. I didn't even say the Xbox was the best console, yet I get slammed for being a "Microsoft worshipper". You're just mad because I'm not sucking on Sony's cock as much as you are. Grow the fuck up and realize people like other consoles.

Again, referring to the bit above about Sony. That's why I go over the top at small things like your comments. When I shouldn't have.

I hate fanboys who try to twist it around to make NEUTRAL people seem like fanboys themselves.

I love the 360, but that doesn't mean I have to over exaggerate about any good news or attack the PS3.

I didn't try to twist anything, but I find myself getting dragged into arguments like these just because people are stating things that aren't true. I do try and avoid arguments, when possible, but sometimes I feel like speaking out.

Now, I could have replied with a load of swear words and criticised everyone, but I'm not like that. I made a comment, and got jumped on for it, fair enough.

It does annoy me when people slate Sony. They've done so many things wrong, I couldn't possibly list all of them, but, they do come up with decent ideas from time to time. I'm just saying, some people should appreciate them more, instead of constantly slating. I'm talking in general now.

So what you're implying is that even though Sony's mistakes outnumber their success, people who don't like Sony should act like they're God's gift to the world. Yeah, that doesn't make you sound like a Sony worshiper.

He did, technically. The little quote about them needing good games, they do have good games, but most of them are going to Microsoft. Yeah, his comments irritated me, this is a forum, I can speak out if I want to, but Sony themselves irritate me as well. Quite why they can't hold on to exclusives I do not know, and that's what irritates me the most.

Microsoft has the money to make them nonexclusive. What part of that can't you comprehend?

Again, referring to the bit above about Sony. That's why I go over the top at small things like your comments. When I shouldn't have.

You're goddamn right you shouldn't have!

I didn't try to twist anything, but I find myself getting dragged into arguments like these just because people are stating things that aren't true. I do try and avoid arguments, when possible, but sometimes I feel like speaking out.

Now, I could have replied with a load of swear words and criticised everyone, but I'm not like that. I made a comment, and got jumped on for it, fair enough.

No one twisted your arm to call me an Xbox fanboy! You did that of your own volition. What pisses me off the most is that you waited until after Ivan and Mpilk posted their replies before you delivered what was supposed to be your coup de grace, but ended up as another retarded comment. Not only are you a moron for thinking you can accuse me of being a fanboy and get away with it (especially when you have "Sony's Lickspittle" tattooed on your rutting head), you're a coward and a failure.

ON TOPIC: If E3 doesn't have anything about Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion or Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, I'm not gonna bother following it.

^ I've blocked you now, so I'm gonna ignore your comment. Block me as well - 'way ahead of ya', you say. Good.

IOIs community manager said on the other forum I'm on, that Mini Ninjas will be the only game that'll be shown at E3, and it's frustrating. No Hitman 5, even though it was announced in January 2008. Suspiciously, the news article has been removed from that forum now, like it never even happened. Sucks. Still, if there's more MW2 info, even if it's not huge news, I'll still be happy for it.

Edited by Bateman.

Let me thank you for proving my point. You're not even going to listen to what I have to say because everyone else has turned on you. You don't want to deal with making the mistake of calling me a fanboy, even though you're a more blatant example than any of us are. You don't want to accept the fact you derailed your own topic by interrupting what was a civilized discussion. You can block me and ignore every single one of my posts. Fine. I don't care. But that doesn't mean you won't see this reply. You've shown the entire forum your pusillanimity. You've proven you have no place in this discussion. You might as well ignore everyone else because Nate, Connor, and even Ivan agree that you're a waste of cyberspace. So please, piss off.

On the upside, I'm kinda liking how inFamous looks. Now if only the main character had pyrokinesis. That would be awesome.

Let me thank you for proving my point. You're not even going to listen to what I have to say because everyone else has turned on you. You don't want to deal with making the mistake of calling me a fanboy, even though you're a more blatant example than any of us are. You don't want to accept the fact you derailed your own topic by interrupting what was a civilized discussion. You can block me and ignore every single one of my posts. Fine. I don't care. But that doesn't mean you won't see this reply. You've shown the entire forum your pusillanimity. You've proven you have no place in this discussion. You might as well ignore everyone else because Nate, Connor, and even Ivan agree that you're a waste of cyberspace. So please, piss off.

On the upside, I'm kinda liking how inFamous looks. Now if only the main character had pyrokinesis. That would be awesome.

My friend JUST got inFamous. He told me he's really into it. I checked out some pics/summaries on the game and it looks pretty sweet.

EDIT: Pyrokinesis? Haha and I thought telekinesis sounded cool...

Edited by Nate10

This should be an awesome E3 with the line up of games coming this year/early next year. I want o hear more about Red Dead Redemption, Mafia 2, Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock 2 and Modern Warfare 2. Those are really the only ones I've had my eyes on for a while now.

EDIT: Oooh I almost forgot. Any news on a new MGS game!!!!!

Edited by steveplayer

Pre E3 trailers are beginning to leak now. One such trailer is for the next Ratchet & Clank game, but to me, it just looks like Tools Of Destruction mark 2. But, TBH, all of the R&C games have been like that anyway:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-ratchet/49874

I'll have a look for some more trailers.

EDIT: Another, this time, Mafia 2, which has slipped to 2010. I'm very interested in it, but don't want it to just be a Godfather clone:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=216053

Edited by Bateman.

And the rest of the trailers I had saved, but my f-ing internet connection messed up:

Dead Space Extraction (Wii) - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=216070

Need For Speed: Shift (PS3, 360) - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=216052

Splinter Cell: Conviction (360, PC, DS) - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=215988

DJ Hero (PS3, 360, Wii) - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=215982

Bayonetta (PS3, 360) - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=215976

Mass Effect 2 (360, PC) - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=215975

Harry Potter 7 The Half-Blood Prince (Mac, PC, DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, 360, Mobile) - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=215932

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3, 360, Wii, DS) - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=215942

There are rumors that Left 4 Dead 2 will be announced at E3.

"E3 is right around the corner, and Destructoid has been hearing all sorts of juicy rumors. A lot of things are being said, and among them a very reliable source has informed us that Valve and Electronic Arts are looking to reveal Left 4 Dead 2 at E3 next week.

L4D 2 will see four different survivors battling the infected horde as they try to survive the game's four scenarios. The game is said to be set during the same time frame and locations as the first title, but the four new survivors will be fighting off the infected in other parts of the same locations. To us, it sounds a bit like Ada sidequests from Resident Evil 4 -- while Leon was going through his mission, Ada was running around the same areas, doing her own thing.

We're also told to expect new guns, as well as a variety of melee weapons like a baseball bat, axe, and chainsaw. Players should also brace themselves to come face to face with at least one new special infected "boss" character... something big. And fast.

If what we're hearing is solid, Left 4 Dead 2 is planned for the PC and Xbox 360. While the information we received was vague, the source had been reliable in the past, and the idea of a sequel to Destructoid's 2008 "Game of the Year" was too exciting not to share. If this pans out, we hope to see more -- at least in the form of an announcement trailer -- at E3 next week. "

http://www.destructoid.com/rumortoid...k-133720.phtml

I dont see Valve announcing a sequel theres a good chance that there could be some DLC with new maps and weapons which would be awesome!

2 more quick trailers guys, this time for Splinter Cell Conviction and Assassins Creed 2. They're only around 10 seconds each though. BTW, the Assassins Creed 2 footage has already been pulled once, so if you want to watch it, do it quickly. But, there's only 2 days left now, doesn't matter that much:

SC:C -

AC:2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_4FcW0eVY

I just saw the Project Natal thing for the 360 and I have to say I'm impressed. That demonstration with Milo makes me think of the possibilities that could be achieved with it. Adventure games could make a HUGE comeback. Oh, and Metal Gear Solid Rising on Xbox. Just thought I'd throw in as another Sony exclusive lost. :P

I just saw the Project Natal thing for the 360 and I have to say I'm impressed. That demonstration with Milo makes me think of the possibilities that could be achieved with it. Adventure games could make a HUGE comeback. Oh, and Metal Gear Solid Rising on Xbox. Just thought I'd throw in as another Sony exclusive lost. :P

It's likely that it will be an exclusive but it still isn't confirmed, well at least according to IGN.

MICROSOFT E3 SUMMARY:

* Some The Beatles Rock Band songs shown in a trailer. This game is also coming to PS3.

* All You Need Is Love is exclusive DLC on Xbox Live.

* Tony Hawk comes out and talks about Ride. Video promoting the game and board. Another multi-platform title.

* Modern Warfare 2 trailer shown, along with a live gameplay demonstration of snowy levels. This will be on PS3 also, including two map packs that will release as timed-exclusives on Xbox Live.

* Square Enix reps took stage to talk about Final Fantasy XIII and demonstrate it running on the 360. They reveal the Odin summon. Spring 2010 release targeted. Also on PS3.

* Cliffy B comes out to announce an XBLA title from Epic, announcing the previously-announced side-scroller, Shadow Complex.

* Joyride, by Big Park, shown for XBLA. You use your MiisAvatar and drive around in cars. Looks lame, but it will be free to play, with microtransaction add-ons.

* Crackdown 2 announced, trailer shown.

* Left4Dead 2 trailer, coming November 17th on PC (and 360).

* Splinter Cell Conviction trailer shown, live gameplay demonstration by Ubisoft. Releasing in the fall.

* Turn Ten is officially working on Forza Motorsport 3. Trailer shown. 60pfs, claiming it's the best-looking racing game on any console.

* Bungie out on stage, demonstrating Halo 3: ODST. September 22nd release date.

* Halo: Reach, as leaked on Microsoft's site. Coming 2010.

* Alan Wake trailer, as well as gameplay footage. Coming Spring 2010.

* Music is coming to Xbox Live. Partnership with last.fm announced. Free access for Xbox Live Gold members.

* Netflix mentioned again. Partnership with Sky for the UK also confirmed. Live TV viewing supported.

* Relaunching their video service as Zune Video, videos in 1080p. All movies and TV shows can be watched instantly. Supporting 18 new countries.

* Able to share media with friends, in a virtual living room.

* Facebook partnership announced, demonstrated by Felicia Day.

* You can post screenshots from games to Facebook, launching with a future Tiger Woods game.

* Twitter integration announced for 360 as well, along with Facebook in the fall.

* Kojima is on stage. "Meadow Gill Solid" (as per Don Mattrick) is coming to Xbox 360. Metal Gear Solid: Rising: Lightning Bolt Action is the name of the title, arriving on the 360. Trailer showing. No Solid Snake - this is Raiden.

* Video of the new camera, motion-captured ability to control games. Also supports voice recognition.

* He demonstrates Project Natal, the new motion-control for logging in and navigating the dashboard.

Pretty fucking good conference Microsoft. I have to say though I'm very dissapointed about the timed-exclusive map packs for MW2, really sucks for me. I'm looking forward to what Sony has to show too.

Just thought I'd throw in as another Sony exclusive lost. :P

Just so you know, MGS never was a Sony exclusive. Remember MGS2? Also apparently Sony is going to get their own MGS exclusive aswell, something to do with Big Boss because 360 is getting Raiden. Read that from comments on a PS3 forum.

Super Edit:

MGS Rising is NOT a 360 exclusive. It is listed as a multi-platform title here: http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseC...6113&EDATE=

Could be wrong though, we'll see at Sony's E3 I guess.

Edited by Mpilk901