Changing Carl to another character?

GTATG

Does anyone know how I can mod GTA SA so I can have another

character replace Carl and the other characters in cut scenes.

The same for being inside buildings, it always shows Carl.

Everytime I edit the player files inside the gta3 file, it borks everything.

Well I figured out how to edit the other characters in cut scenes, but I cant find Carl's .dff and .txd file in the cut scene img.

And also, when ever I edit Carl's .dff and .txd in the gta3 img, it bends his model and stretches it in very strange ways.

So if anyone can help with this, that would be great.

Well I figured out how to edit the other characters in cut scenes, but I cant find Carl's .dff and .txd file in the cut scene img.

And also, when ever I edit Carl's .dff and .txd in the gta3 img, it bends his model and stretches it in very strange ways.

So if anyone can help with this, that would be great.

I recall reading somewhere that the cutscene model of Carl has a number of extra bones for animation, I think for lip-synching the voice etc.. So, if you're trying to simply replace that model with one intended/created for gameplay, it won't work for this reason. You'll either have to find a model made for the cutscene Carl or make your own or, if you're not a modeler and very lucky, find someone willing and experienced enough to do this for you.

All the player files are in /models, player.img.

they're called player face etc, just open it with img tool, then replace the files with your new ones, making sure you backup first?

Thanks, this helped a lot! Now the only thing I need to know is why, when I replace the Carl.dff file in the gta3.img with another

character, it ends up looking something like this (Click here)

I'm pretty sure other people have had this same problem when trying to edit it as well and asked for help, but never had a clear answer,

so if someone can give a solution to my problem, that would be awesome!

Also, where is the .dff for the cut scene Carl stored? I've looked in the cutscene.img as well as a few others but couldn't locate it.

Nvm! Found the .dff files.

Edited by GTATG