Godfather 2

yeehz

Came out today, not sure if I should pick it up. I think it got an 8/10 or something, not sure. The only problem for me would be when I saw the gameplay videos, I wasn't all that interested in the environment, the cars, and the guns. I hope the controls are smooth too. I'd trade in a few games I don't play (Gears of War 2, FarCry 2, Saints Row 2, and RSV2) and get the Godfather 2(With a little left over cash of course). But anyways, anyone else pick it up or are planning to? I'd really like some feedback before I invest in a game I might not like. Thanks.

Probably rent it first, the reviews are fairly average so far, mainly 6s and 7s. But, if you liked the original, then number 2 will probably be even better.

EDIT: No, fuck it, a noob like you deserves this shit game. Go ahead and buy it.

Edited by Bateman.

Probably rent it first, the reviews are fairly average so far, mainly 6s and 7s. But, if you liked the original, then number 2 will probably be even better.

EDIT: No, fuck it, a noob like you deserves this shit game. Go ahead and buy it.

Wow... dick much...?

I got the game and it isn't that bad. As someone said earlier, the graphics aren't the best, but they aren't terrible either. If you did like the first game, then you will love this one. I want to see some more trailers or even some game play footage for Mafia 2, which I feel should be a better game, but until then I'm having fun with this game.

Wow... dick much...?

Well, go in the What Are You Playing topic, and you'll see why. He started a totally pointless argument with me.

Okay, I've finished the game & am going for absolute 100% complete. The following is based on X360 but should be

the same, the official guide doesn't list differences between platforms.

Good - The gameplay is similar to The Godfather, only a few minor differences in the controls & the cars are nice.

The handling is fairly realistic for early '60s cars, mostly big sluggish boats & a few decent muscle cars. You get a

"Don's view" that works like a strategy game (Star Craft & similar) while keeping the original 3rd person for your

player (like most of the GTAs). You can recruit your own family each w/ specialties (6 different) & call them to your

crew or send them to bomb, defend or take over businesses for you. You operate in New York, Miami & Havana

starting in the Cuban revolution & start the game by escaping Havana.

Bad - The maps are tiny for the 3 cities you have in the game, combined to just a little more than either of the Main

islands in Vice City, a bit of a disappointment from the original New York from the first game. Also gone are "racket"

trucks, buyable savehouses & the respect system. Upgraded weapons have to be found to be unlocked for you & your

made men & you can't perform the actions of your crew (like blowing a safe), they have to do it for you.

Ugly - For a $60 game (US), it should have taken longer to complete. I finished in under 40 hours & that was taking

my time & doing a ton of sidework. It would probably be easy to beat in 20 if someone wanted to get hardcore.

There could have been more missions, bigger maps & more businesses.

Main differences - The biggest difference in the controls is the weapons rotor, similar to Saint's Row/SR2 activated

by the left bumper. The favors are plentiful & ongoing & some of them give you details to take out made men from

other families, making it easier to take them down & defend your businesses. This time you can save anywhere as

opposed to getting to a safehouse.

You can also do favors for corrupt officials who will get your men out of the hospital, call off the cops & rebuild your

fronts when bombed. In the Don's view gives you info about hit targets, businesses (yours & rival) & allows you call

up favors from any place in the game. There's plenty of sidework.

You can upgrade your people's skills, assign them a particular weapon & even customize their wardrobe.

Short version - It's a good game, good level design/gameplay & nicely put together but falls a little short for the

price. Rent it to play now & buy it when it drops to around $25 or so. It's nothing personal, just business.

... It's nothing personal, just business.

Very Nice :P

I agree with Urbanoutlaw. They could have spent more time on it and made the maps huge. Apart from that it is a decent game. The one gripe I have is when you have a full wanted level it is IMPOSSIBLE to get away from the cops. They appear out of now where right in front of you like ghosts and have seemingly endless amounts of ammo. You can get in a car and drive away, but that is only delaying the inevitable. After about a minute of being pounded with machine gun rounds your car explodes and you have to make a break for it on foot.

Talk about running the gauntlet. If you aren't within 15 steps of a safe house you get cut down extremely fast, and that is with body armor :P

Edited by steveplayer

Find your local corrupt cop & do a few favors for him, he can call off the cops when you need to. Another trick is if

you're being chased you can send your crew to any of your fronts (Don's view, send defenders) to get them out of

harms way & stop them from further agitating the cops, making it a little easier to get rid of them.

Other corrupt officials can get your fronts rebuilt immediately after being bombed & get your made men out of the

hospital immediately after being injured. You can build up a few from each for when things get heated.

What EA should have done was keep the original New york (updated) & game features, added the Don's view, made

Miami & Havana comparable in size to NY & add boats/boat missions.

What EA should have done was keep the original New york (updated) & game features, added the Don's view, made

Miami & Havana comparable in size to NY & add boats/boat missions.

:lolbounce: It's EA who we're talking about. You are right tough, but it's too much struggle for "poor" EA.

I like the game tbh, I played about 4-5 hours and I'm almost done with New York, I fooled around most of the time but I still did it.

:lolbounce: It's EA who we're talking about....

Yeah, pretty easy to step in that one.

Got your PM, I'll get a list of corrupt officials & favors for you.

The DL pack isn't too bad (should have included these things in the game), it's 800 points. You get 5 level 4 weapons,

some MP maps & a recruitable guy w/ 4 specialties & level 2 weapons. I got this late in the game (already well into

Havana) & instantly got the weapons. The new guy showed up at the NY safe house, is supposed to be at the Corleone

Compound when you first get to NY. The Hertztopper & Street Sweeper return w/ a "modern Dillinger, .700 Magnum

(BOOM BABY!!!) & a Dragonov sniper rifle( :wub: ). Fair warning, people who got an early start in MP have upgraded

their crew to use these weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

I rented the game and played it on my Girlfriends 360 (Borrowed). Yes I agree with the rest, it is a shitty game. Its just another random GTA Clone. I also agree with Outlaw with the small ass maps. The graphics are shitty and reminds me of playing SR2. The game sucks. When I seen all of the trailers I was like " OMFG! I'm getting this game! Its awesome!". Then it became disappointing