April 1: End of the Internet?

Vercetti Thug

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if turning it off would help, but since it has to be contacted first before it starts (like MrLlamaLlama said), I guess it would. But I'm not sure if the guys who made the virus would still continue to contact the virus AFTER April 1.

Conficker is also known as "Kido", "Downup" and "Downandup". I had all 4 names pop-ed up in my anti-viruses back when I was still using my 2nd PC.

Again, I'm asking you guys which "April 1" is it? The virus creator's time zone could be ahead of ours or behind ours. Whatever it is, it would be wise to know 'cause we might experience the virus attacking at a non-April 1 date.

Edited by Elevski

All I know is, microsoft is scared out of their minds and have teamed up with Afilias, ICANN, Neustar, Verisign, CNNIC, Public Internet Registry, Global Domains International, Inc., M1D Global, AOL, Symantec, F-Secure, ISC, researchers from Georgia Tech, The Shadowserver Foundation, Arbor Networks and Support Intelligence to stop it, according to wikipedia which is sounding pretty reasonable right about now/

At either rate, this virus is considered as CRITICAL and SEVERE level right now by Microsoft and by others, so i'm sticking to the belief that its not a prank.

All I know is, microsoft is scared out of their minds and have teamed up with Afilias, ICANN, Neustar, Verisign, CNNIC, Public Internet Registry, Global Domains International, Inc., M1D Global, AOL, Symantec, F-Secure, ISC, researchers from Georgia Tech, The Shadowserver Foundation, Arbor Networks and Support Intelligence to stop it, according to wikipedia which is sounding pretty reasonable right about now/

At either rate, this virus is considered as CRITICAL and SEVERE level right now by Microsoft and by others, so i'm sticking to the belief that its not a prank.

Unless it's Microsoft's uber-awesome-totally-huge April Fool's day. They might be trying to do something on a bigger scale than Google, considering how most people expect it from Google now.

BULLSHIT.

This is the same thing like the big boom topic that was created.

it didn't happen and never will.

Also, as long as you have Kaspersky,BitDefender,Webroot, you're set.

Proof: http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Wait for the site.

Another fuckwad who wants to compare two entirely different things, both of which he can't prove "didn't happen". Go be a douche somewhere else?

You mean these :/

21589304.png

Crap. I've never seen someone with that much Conficker viruses. Viruses takes up many forms, from exes to gifs, and from dlls to mp3s. Seeing that most of the Conficker viruses you have are GIFs, you still have the ones installed in your Windows folder left to get rid of, as well as the ones that hacked through your registries so it can send duplicates of itself through your flash drives, and send group messages to your friends via your instant messenger with a link on them leading to a site that will install the virus to their computers, adding more victims to the list.

If it is a Microsoft April Fools joke, the company will be wise enough to pull off a prank like that. Most likely be an April Fools joke of the makers themselves. Microsoft already announced about a $250,000 reward for those who give info about the perpetrators.

Edited by Elevski

You mean these :/

21589304.png

Crap. I've never seen someone with that much Conficker viruses. Viruses takes up many forms, from exes to gifs, and from dlls to mp3s. Seeing that most of the Conficker viruses you have are GIFs, you still have the ones installed in your Windows folder left to get rid of, as well as the ones that hacked through your registries so it can send duplicates of itself through your flash drives, and send group messages to your friends via your instant messenger with a link on them leading to a site that will install the virus to their computers, adding more victims to the list.

Most of them were jpeg, Gif's and Png's. I had some probs with my PC sometime back. Didn't have anti virus for a week after it was fixed, I installed Avg and resident sheild started detecting these every 15mins. Got the windows patch the next day, havent had a problem so far, Been bout a month now. AVG runs the daily scan thing everyday, everything seems fine. Fairly sure none of my files were affected.

I don't think I've clicked any links IM links, although I do get a ton of those. If anyone has recevied suchs links from just inform me :/

BULLSHIT.

This is the same thing like the big boom topic that was created.

it didn't happen and never will.

Also, as long as you have Kaspersky,BitDefender,Webroot, you're set.

Proof: http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Wait for the site.

Norton ranked (12th or 13th?) in that list, so I guess Norton won't fail me. And besides, Norton's problem there is their anti-spyware thing.

What about the 12 before it?

Of course they're much better, but Norton included in the list would give me assurance that it can remove any viruses. And besides, Norton's problem is their anti-spyware, not the AV. And we're talking about a virus here.

No, their Anti-Virus is horrible as hell. Norton is the definition of bloat, enjoy your slower computer.