HELP ME!

newniko

I downloaded the 3x pedestrian mod and the Real names for vehicles mod for GTAIV. I followed the instructions and replaced the 2 desired files but when I tried starting up the game, it wouldn't load. I tried restarting my computer, closing all programs but still, my game wouldn't load anymore. I dont' have it in Steam as I actually bought the game. What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded the 3x pedestrian mod and the Real names for vehicles mod for GTAIV. I followed the instructions and replaced the 2 desired files but when I tried starting up the game, it wouldn't load. I tried restarting my computer, closing all programs but still, my game wouldn't load anymore. I dont' have it in Steam as I actually bought the game. What am I doing wrong?

GTA IV uses a system to detect any tampered files (perhaps as a way to deter cheaters in online matches), so have you tried using the MagicIV mod or Xliveless before modding your game?

GTA IV uses a system to detect any tampered files (perhaps as a way to deter cheaters in online matches), so have you tried using the MagicIV mod or Xliveless before modding your game?

No I haven't. I just started trying to mod the game. What do they do? Is there some kind of tutorial for this?

No I haven't. I just started trying to mod the game. What do they do? Is there some kind of tutorial for this?

Well, you need to install Xliveless or MagicIV before modding your game. As what I've said earlier, the game has a system to detect any modded files; patching them with either of the two tools removes the file check.

Huckleberry Pie: So if I download MagicIV or Xliveless, do I just put them inside my main GTA IV folder and install the other stuff like the

instructions say and then it will work?

GTAspotter: I just downloaded the ones that looked like it would do the least amount of damage if I did screw up modding the game as they

only replace 1 file each.