19 replies to this topic

#1 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:32 AM

Post all of your feature suggestions for the new server in here. If it's for the current one please just post the feature in this topic.

#2 Voodoo Doll

Voodoo Doll

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Jamaica 

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

Well, I think this should be an RP server. I am on 3 RP servers myslef, and they are better than some random DM. If im right LVP is just some DM, while in RP, it will be easier for the gangs and etc..

K Jah West

#3 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:32 AM

You're completely wrong actually, LVP is RPGDM, which is what we're doing basically.

#4 Voodoo Doll

Voodoo Doll

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Jamaica 

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

Sp its Roleplaying Deathmatch? Gangwars?

K Jah West

#5 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

Roleplaying Deathmatch, gang wars will be announced after.

#6 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:16 AM

Since is a semi-Rpg We could have businesses/Jobs. Like Weed farming, Import/Export of cars, drugs etc if its possible in Mta. A way to earn money to buy shit?

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#7 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, properties are going to be a big thing. I didn't put it in yet because I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work because there's a tax system and shit.

#8 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:23 AM

Oh tax system is going to be a pain. We had it on another server, had to yank it out in two weeks. Don't know how its going to work on here though, so lets see. I like the properties idea though.

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#9 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:14 AM

I fucking hate the tax system in LVP to be honest, it's going to be more of like a weekly or monthly thing or something like that, not like every hour etc.

#10 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:09 AM

I have some sort of Idea about Cease Fire Mode. I'll probably work on the details when I return back. Let's just say if someone enters a restricted cease fire area, this means they aren't allowed to use weapons, so weapons won't be available once they enter in. Obviously someone can shoot from far (e.g. Rocket Launcher, Sniper etc.), but if their is some type of shield covering that area, it could protect us from those noobs who constantly shoot at us for no reason.

I'll add in some other shit later today. Laterz.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#11 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:36 AM

You've been playing too much Far Cry TM. But I do agree with you :)

Nothing to see here, move along

#12 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

I have some sort of Idea about Cease Fire Mode. I'll probably work on the details when I return back. Let's just say if someone enters a restricted cease fire area, this means they aren't allowed to use weapons, so weapons won't be available once they enter in. Obviously someone can shoot from far (e.g. Rocket Launcher, Sniper etc.), but if their is some type of shield covering that area, it could protect us from those noobs who constantly shoot at us for no reason.

I'll add in some other shit later today. Laterz.

To make it more simple, it could just be a case of banning long range weapons in the surrounding area instead of a sheild.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#13 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

I like the whole shield idea though. We'll definitely do that for some places.

#14 TM™

TM™

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

Let me be a bit more in depth about what I said earlier, even though this topic is already dead. :|

Cease Fire Mode: - Yes, it's from Far Cry 2, but I see as a really effective feature for the server. It may not be effective to those who haven't played it, yet again it's still a pretty useful feature, if you think about it. So let me explain it a little to those who don't know exactly what it does. Cease Fire mode is basically an area, how ever big or small you wish it to be, it prevents constant attacks from other players, which means if you're looking for a place where no one can attack you or what not, this can be it.

If you want, guns can be disabled within the area, but anyone really can come from outside and blast a rocket inside, so the idea of a shield could do it, but I doubt anyone has even made something like this for MTA. Banning Long-Range weapons won't even do, because pretty much any weapon can hit people from far, except the shotguns. Or you could do something like as follow; When someone steps into the area, why not give them invincible health, so even if they get rockets or weapons fired at them, they won't die.

Here's part of a map I will use as an example of it:

Posted Image

Now the highlighted part of that map is the cease fire area, yes, it can be as big as you want, but not too big, or I think it would be a unfair advantage for those who wish to fight in other places. Anyone who steps inside will immediately have their weapons disabled from them, obviously once they step out of the area, their guns will return back to them. I'm not sure whether this would benefit civilians inside the server, but for gangs, this could be pretty useful. If gangs have cease fire areas, this could at least let them move freely around with their gang without being attacked my others for no apparent reason. Also, once they step out, the invincible health feature will also be disabled.

Some people may not actually know if they're in cease fire area, so would it be useful to inform them that they're in the area? Like for example, you step into the area, and a message will immediately pop out in front of your screen explaining that you're in cease fire mode and will also tell you you're not eligible to use your weapons until you walk out of it.

Now I can easily see some people take advantage of this, which is okay, but when I mean take advantage I mean they can use this to protect themselves from getting killed by others that are outside of the zone. So here's a thought, why not only make this feature available for those who are registered on TGTAP? Only those can have access to this feature, and others who haven't registered won't.

Well I hope it clears it up for those who don't know exactly what it does, but feel free to criticise on it, or give some more ideas on it, would be grateful.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#15 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

Yeah, i agree with TM on this one.

Anyways could someone make an animation with sliding down from a rope, you know like the NOOSE do?

Posted Image

#16 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:15 PM

I don't know if it comes in 1.0 or not. Anyway, the Cease Fire thing, what I meant by shield is like unlimited health inside the area.

#17 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

If it does, it would be :awesome: for someone to drop us off.

Edited by Steam, 22 April 2009 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

But what if a gang goes to the cease-fire zone everytime it gets in trouble to avoid dying and shit? That could be somewhat annoying, imo.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#19 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

We can put something into place.

#20 TM™

TM™

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

Yeah I sort of meant Invincible health within that area. And if any gang uses it just to stop them from dying and stuff, we can probably disable the feature for that gang.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users