Mod/Download Approval FAQ

Due to the large amount of files being uploaded to our database and lack of time on staff member's part, some of you are waiting more than a few days for your mods to be approved and are understandably getting frustrated and posting topics here about it. This topic should address some of the problems we face and help you understand our position and why we may not have approved your mod sooner.

Why do our mods need to be approved by you?

It's a safety and integrity measure. If we didn't approve/check mods ourselves, people could upload viruses and other malware and we'd be responsible for distributing it.

On a less serious note, some people upload truly awful and poorly made mods that we simply do not want in our database.

Why hasn't my mod been approved yet?

We get a lot of mod submissions. It takes time to check each mod is what it's said to be, and that the file contains no viruses. A huge problem is with people uploading mods they've downloaded from other websites that they didn't actually make themselves. This means we often need to check the uploader is also the actual author of the mod. A backlog thus builds up since we can't check every minute of everyday, and so we end up missing genuine mods sometimes.

I've waited more than 48 hours and my mod is still not approved, can I post here to bring it to your attention?

Sure. If you're adamant your mod is worthy of inclusion in our database, and you are the one who's made it, then post the name/ID of it here and we'll check it out as soon as we see your post, and hopefully approve it.

My mod was unapproved/deleted. Why?

Reasons why this may have occured:

• Not your mod - file will either be deleted or attributed to the real author
  • Duplicate - the mod is already in our database
  • Contains virus / other malware
  • Mod was very badly made, no readme etc. - also if you drew over a skin in MS Paint... we hate those :/

Is there any way I can skip the mod approval process?

Yes there is actually. Authors with 3 or more files already approved will automatically bypass the process and have files immediately appearing in the database. This is in place because we believe that if you already have this amount of mods then in all likelihood you're a trustworthy person. Of course, should you then break the rules regarding mods you'll be warned or even banned and risk having some/all your files removed.

What rules are there for uploading mods?

You'll find these above the upload form.

Why can't I delete screenshots or change the category of my mod?

These limits were originally put in place to prevent abuse. i.e. people deleting all screens of their mods so people don't know what it looks like in game, or moving their mod to an inappropriate category so it's not easily found. Screenshot removal is something that will be added in the future though.

In the meantime, if you need screenshots removed or the category changed, PM Chris on the forums and ask.

If there's something I've missed, or anything you need clarification on, please post here. Otherwise, this topic can now be used to fasttrack your mod approval for those who are desperate :P

• 4 weeks later...

pleeeaaassssseeeee approve my tom jack skin pack 2 mod....its been 2 weeeks now ....pleeeeeeeeess.!!else i ll sumbit in some other site..i juzt hate this waiting...there isnt soo much for approving..maximmum 3 files a day right?? i cant beleive this...2 weekss..ufffff!!!!!ahhhhhhhh..

post-32780-1240094357_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shees Abdul Razak

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've uploaded two skin mods that have yet to be approved. The SWAT Skin Set that I uploaded on the 5th of May, and the SWAT Stealth Uniform that I uploaded on the 2nd of July. They don't contain any viruses and I don't believe I've broken any rules in uploading them (since I made them myself.) It would be nice if they were approved. The following screenshot is from the SWAT Stealth Uniform.

post-30459-1247496883_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest thomasianos

hi,

I am still waiting on my first mod "Extra Airport"

my 2, 3 and update 3.

but I would very much like my 1st mod certainly on the site. :rolleyes:

Here are some screenshots as a remember.

post-18475-1250748218.jpg

post-18475-1250748173_thumb.jpg

post-18475-1250748296_thumb.jpg

post-18475-1250748261_thumb.jpg

but ,

i understand you are very very busy ! XD

post-18475-1250748315_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Why hasn't my mod been approved yet?

We get a lot of mod submissions. It takes time to check each mod is what it's said to be, and that the file contains no viruses. A huge problem is with people uploading mods they've downloaded from other websites that they didn't actually make themselves. This means we often need to check the uploader is also the actual author of the mod. A backlog thus builds up since we can't check every minute of everyday, and so we end up missing genuine mods sometimes.

From the first post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I created the Spider-boy skin for GTA3. I'm waiting for it to be approved. But it sure as hell looks better than that Spider-man skin someone posted for GTA3. Because he used MS Paint and it looks like crap. Mine was used with Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Mine was perfect due to the fact that Spider-boy also wears a leather jacket.

• 3 weeks later...