Securicar Truck is Bullet Proof.

Sabin

I had a 6 star wanted level and I found one those "Brinks" looking trucks. Those green trucks that store money for transfer. and I drove from Hovebeach to Bohan safe house with it, and the undercover cops and the helicopter were shooting the hell out of the truck. The whole truck was full of bullet of holes. More then you could count , if I was a in normal car I would dead in 5 seconds from that shit, it was quite hilarious the amount of bullets this thing absorbed and it protected my character untill he got to the safe house. Did anyone know there bullet proof like that? I know you can blow them up for a few thousand in cash. But those things make good getaway vehicles. lol

Edited by Sabin

They can take a beating, but you can kill 'em w/ one grenade (did so last night playing L&D). If you ran for Alderney,

it probably would have went up. Still, it would make it a lot farther than almost any other vehicle in the game. I try to

keep the parking space at the Bohan savehouse open (the cops tend to run into cars parked there & you loose them

when you save your game) for cars I want to sell at the chopshop, so more than likely the Securicar will be there when

you restart your game. Payday + always good. :thumbsup:

I find them common near the Bohan savehouse & in south Alderney. They're usually good for about $1100 or to blow

them up ($2500 at the chopshop). If you use a weapon on them it's an instant 2* warrant (just have an escape plan

ready when you so), but if you smash 'em into things until they catch fire you get no heat (unless you catch a civilian

in the blast you may get 1*).

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Actually an easy way to blow up the trucks without cops. Drive it too a Fuel Depot, park the front end in front of the fuel tank. Shoot the fuel tank with a Shotgun. (best weapons for this purpose). The flames that come out of the fuel tank will damage and ignite the truck and it will blow up. i've done this about 12 times and never had a problem with Cops. You can get away with shooting the shotgun while your front of the fuel tank without any cops noticing it.

A yes I've had problems with the cops ramming my vechicles out of the parking space and I lose them. In this video where at the end you see a white infernus and a Black noose truck. After I ran into the building and save and came back down they where gone!. I dont use the parking thing because of this, it really ***ing annoying, It took a bit trouble to get that black noose truck. it wasn't easy to get.

Edited by Sabin

Side note, in Lost & Damned you redo one of Niko's missions from Johnny's perspective. You'll recognize it pretty

quickly. When you do it, just remember to go out the back door instead of the front.

Once you clear the first room & the hallway, look out the window to the right of the room & clear any cops in the back

yard. Fight your way down the stairs & when your armor gets low go back to the apartment, get armor in the bathroom.

Go down to the first floor & out the back door, through the yard to the street.

You'll find a lot fewer cops & a nice black Enforcer (cop version of the Securicar) for your getaway.

PS: Niko's parking spots all work in TLAD.

No it's not bulletproof, but it will take a severe beating. If you have someone in the back (backup) shooting from the

open doors the truck is more vulnerable to gun fire. A quick turn shuts the door until they open it again.

.... Drive it too a Fuel Depot, park the front end in front of the fuel tank. Shoot the fuel tank with a Shotgun. (best weapons for this purpose). The flames that come out of the fuel tank will damage and ignite the truck and it will blow up....

Nice tactic, the truck blowing up is secondary. I'll give that one a try.

No it's not bulletproof

Yes it is. The front cage of the Engine is the only is only thing is not bullet proof. I know because I took a Securicar and parked in way that they only could shoot the back and sides, I sat there for about 10 minutes while a Noose Squad shot their M4's repeatly into the truck and it did nothing. Also your right about the backdoors. If there open, you can get shot from inside the truck. If there closed then your safe, all the windows are bullet proof also.

As long as the truck's in good condition it's bulletproof.

It's definitely not invulnerable/DAMAGE proof. As long as the back doors or hood aren't knocked off you're safe.

But in a chase you're frequently rammed & will probably hit civilian traffic that will inevitably stop right in your path.

When that happens, you start taking bullet damage.

Either way, I have a black police version parked at Niko's in Hove Beach waiting for when I need something that WILL

take a beating.

As long as the truck's in good condition it's bulletproof.

It's definitely not invulnerable/DAMAGE proof. As long as the back doors or hood aren't knocked off you're safe.

But in a chase you're frequently rammed & will probably hit civilian traffic that will inevitably stop right in your path.

When that happens, you start taking bullet damage.

Either way, I have a black police version parked at Niko's in Hove Beach waiting for when I need something that WILL

take a beating.

Well I never claimed it was invulnerable to all damage but the truck will take damage from road collisions.

I parked the truck where no one could get in it (to arrest me) and I was probably there for 7 - 10 minutes (didn't time it) with 5 stars, but I finally got it to catch fire. It stayed like that for a good bit, then doused out. Then all the sudden.. BOOM.

In my experience: Bullet resistant, but not completely bulletproof