12 replies to this topic

#1 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:01 AM

A shitton of people have been bitching about the Hunter/Hydra/Sherman, I re-banned the Sherman so we don't need to worry about that.

Let me ask guys, vehicles with weapons... whats wrong with them... if you can spawn them why can't you just fight back? Spawn away from the person and spawn a Hunter or whatever.

This is a discussion topic, not a poll. I want thoughts before we make any decisions.

#2 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

I don't really have a problem with vehicles with weapons but then there are times when someone is doing their own thing or want to and some jackass pops up and keeps shooting and doesn't know when to stop.

I don't mind the Hydra and Hunter though, most of the guys have shit-fuck accuracy.

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#3 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:22 AM

I understand where you're coming from Dom, It's easy to warp away from someone using a Hydra or Hunter, but it's the relentless use of them by n00bs. If they kill me 4 or 5 times, that's fine, but if the continue a vendetta on me, then I get pissed... and they always do. For example, say you're setting up a race with a few other players and all of a sudden some bloke named "OmGiMaWsOmE" warps to you with a Hunter and blows you all to shit.. Then later you decide to set the race up again, the same bloke comes over and does the same thing. It's rather annoying.

That's just my two cents though.

EDIT: @Evo, snap! Way to sum it up. :P

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

#4 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

I understand where you're coming from Dom, It's easy to warp away from someone using a Hydra or Hunter, but it's the relentless use of them by n00bs. If they kill me 4 or 5 times, that's fine, but if the continue a vendetta on me, then I get pissed... and they always do. For example, say you're setting up a race with a few other players and all of a sudden some bloke named "OmGiMaWsOmE" warps to you with a Hunter and blows you all to shit.. Then later you decide to set the race up again, the same bloke comes over and does the same thing. It's rather annoying.

yeah exactly lol, they are just annoying, sort of like a small child constantly nagging or something.

then you shoot em and they chuck a skitz at you...
Spoiler

#5 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:36 AM

Bloody oath they do. Standard response seems to be "FUCK YOU N00B"... well if you hadn't killed me 56 times in a row after I'd just re-spawned from death then maybe I wouldn't have admin-killed you. Bastards.

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

#6 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

Well first things first, I haven't got a problem with the Sherman Rhino (LOL Not called Rhino anymore? :\), and neither do I with the Hunter or the Hydra. Infact, it's actually fun when using it with mates you know, but the fact is that there's some noobs who constantly want to beat the shit out of you with it, so they go ahead and use some hacks which allow them to fire 5 rockets in one shot, and that is plain unfair, but that's really the hacks fault, not the vehicles fault. So remove the Sherman tank, but keep the Hydra and Hunter, seriously. Hydra's have shitty rocket aimings, along with the Hunter. So how could it be possible to kill someone from the ground unless you completely stop? (Unless you just crash into the ground, done that alot of times, heh).

Also, this dude yesterday (Starts with Z or something) had a hack which not only could keep himself invincible, but he could constantly fire rocket from the hydra at me, and he kept doing it constantly at the same position I was in, fortunately though, I was able to survive when I was in the Rhino tank (I kept pressing Repair constantly). Then he gave up on me afterwards and moved away, so I spawned near Noru and Thomas, and so he comes back to us and kills us again. Seriously, these jackasses I believe just come for one reason, to own anyone they see, and if it's a public server, they'll just pop in and use the Minigun against us.

Plus the reactions they have are like what Erf said, and most of them speak in a foreign language (I seen more spanish people on this sever than any other), so how would we know they were using a mod/hack? And one dude constantly kept bothering the shit out of me when he was in the tank, so I stole his tank and he begins to bitch about it.

So yeah, these people who come on want to mess with us, but when the outcome assembles, they end up saying "We will report you" etc. to the admin.

Moving off from that completely unrelated rant, keep the Hydra and Hunter, I'd like to mess around with them and do some stunting etc. Plus they don't harm you as much as a Rhino does.

Edited by TM™, 22 February 2009 - 01:46 PM.

Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#7 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

Well first things first, I haven't got a problem with the Sherman Rhino (LOL Not called Rhino anymore? :\), and neither do I with the Hunter or the Hydra. Infact, it's actually fun when using it with mates you know, but the fact is that there's some noobs who constantly want to beat the shit out of you with it, so they go ahead and use some hacks which allow them to fire 5 rockets in one shot, and that is plain unfair, but that's really the hacks fault, not the vehicles fault. So remove the Sherman tank, but keep the Hydra and Hunter, seriously. Hydra's have shitty rocket aimings, along with the Hunter. So how could it be possible to kill someone from the ground unless you completely stop? (Unless you just crash into the ground, done that alot of times, heh).

Also, this dude yesterday (Starts with Z or something) had a hack which not only could keep himself invincible, but he could constantly fire rocket from the hydra at me, and he kept doing it constantly at the same position I was in, fortunately though, I was able to survive when I was in the Rhino tank (I kept pressing Repair constantly). Then he gave up on me afterwards and moved away, so I spawned near Noru and Thomas, and so he comes back to us and kills us again. Seriously, these jackasses I believe just come for one reason, to own anyone they see, and if it's a public server, they'll just pop in and use the Minigun against us.

Plus the reactions they have are like what Erf said, and most of them speak in a foreign language (I seen more spanish people on this sever than any other), so how would we know they were using a mod/hack? And one dude constantly kept bothering the shit out of me when he was in the tank, so I stole his tank and he begins to bitch about it.

So yeah, these people who come on want to mess with us, but when the outcome assembles, they end up saying "We will report you" etc. to the admin.

Moving off from that completely unrelated rant, keep the Hydra and Hunter, I'd like to mess around with them and do some stunting etc. Plus they don't harm you as much as a Rhino does.

I agree with this ^. The fact that these guys go on the server and use hacks is ridiculous, the amount of times I was killed by one guy using a hydra last night was unbelievable. I think everyone on there was killed at least twenty times by the same guy using the same method. Towards the end of the session, it was only TM, Noru and I left. We had to spawn underwater to get away from him and it worked for some strange reason.

Anyway, keep the Hydra, I do enjoy it and as many have said it has shit aiming. The Hunter can be annoying but I think it should stay. I could do an enourmous rant about the tank but I shan't.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#8 Noru

Noru

Nothing is true

• Elite Members
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

Agreed with you there TM.
I never had problems with people using the Hydra and Hunter. Most of the time I'm on the server I'm using a Hydra to fly around. With the Hunters, I have only seen people bitch about its minigun, Doesn't anyone remember that the Sea Sparrow has one to? Anyways, just warp away from the people using them and they bug you, just keep a heatseeker with you and shoot them down. With the Tanks, I don't even care about them, people who usually killed me with them end up getting killed themselves since fire can destroy a tank fast.
- If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

#9 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

Alright, I'm going to respond to all of you but I think this post should sum a lot up. If you don't want to then don't read the whole thing, but I suggest you read it from top to bottom.

I don't really have a problem with vehicles with weapons but then there are times when someone is doing their own thing or want to and some jackass pops up and keeps shooting and doesn't know when to stop.

I don't mind the Hydra and Hunter though, most of the guys have shit-fuck accuracy.

As for your first sentence, totally, I agree, there's time's where I'm just testing shit out and some asshole will just come over with an M4 and blow my face off. Same goes with a Hydra or a Hunter. Now when I ask them to stop and they don't, I get pretty pissed off... I just do. When I'm in a bad mood, and they do it once, I just ban them. Not really fair, I gotta stop that but still - they're not going to do much for us anyway, you can tell when they can't speak proper English and call people "fukin idiotss" and shit like that when people kill THEM. It's like we can't return the favor etc.

Now to get the Hydra cleared up, in case you guys didn't know, missile heat seeking is actually synced. Hold down spacebar and when a green car turns red hit CTRL like crazy and a shitton of rockets will hit them. Sometimes buildings and etc get in the way, but most of the time if you play it out well you'll hit the guy at least a little.

The Hunter... the rockets aren't accurate at all, but if you practice you can get really good with them. In case you guys didn't know though, the Hunter/Sea Sparrow has auto machine gun aim, so if your going over a car and hold CTRL (or ALT, I forget, I think CTRL is machine gun and ALT is rockets), you'll own the guy pretty quickly.

So, as you can see, I'm being unbiased. I really just want people's opinions. So, continuing...

If you ask the person to stop once and they don't, I recommend a kick, I usually ban because they usually come back, but if they continue after the second time, ban them.

yeah exactly lol, they are just annoying, sort of like a small child constantly nagging or something.

Spoiler

You mean they get all pissy and shit right? That's what really pisses me off, they shoot you but when you shoot them they get fucking pissed.

Bloody oath they do. Standard response seems to be "FUCK YOU N00B"... well if you hadn't killed me 56 times in a row after I'd just re-spawned from death then maybe I wouldn't have admin-killed you. Bastards.

Rofl exactly, I fucked with this guy yesterday because he killed me with a Hunter and accused me of running over him with a Baggage car and it killed him (it was tricked out with Hydraulics and Nitro and wheels but I still don't see how the fuck that could kill him, his HP was 100) and he was like "haha take that fucking idiot xD", the xD at the end made me NOT ban him, so I just fucked with him for a while, I called him names and shit and then I admin killed him. After that he was like "why you do that you kill me first wtf", I was like "dude, I ran over you with a Baggage, that doesn't kill someone." Then he continued and continued and he finally got in a Rhino and started chasing Thomas, TM, and I down and I was like "lol, k" and froze/muted him. He was like "this is abuse man ill report you". I'm like "LOL dude, I own this server, go ahead, see what happens." After a bit I unfroze/unmuted him and he goes "this server fucking sucks" and I just banned him. You just meet people like that.

Yeah the Sherman is banned, I banned it yesterday again, didn't realize people would use it like that.

I agree with this ^. The fact that these guys go on the server and use hacks is ridiculous, the amount of times I was killed by one guy using a hydra last night was unbelievable. I think everyone on there was killed at least twenty times by the same guy using the same method. Towards the end of the session, it was only TM, Noru and I left. We had to spawn underwater to get away from him and it worked for some strange reason.

Anyway, keep the Hydra, I do enjoy it and as many have said it has shit aiming. The Hunter can be annoying but I think it should stay. I could do an enourmous rant about the tank but I shan't.

Well don't worry about the Sherman, but yeah I see where your going with this. Basically the same as what TM is saying.

Agreed with you there TM.
I never had problems with people using the Hydra and Hunter. Most of the time I'm on the server I'm using a Hydra to fly around. With the Hunters, I have only seen people bitch about its minigun, Doesn't anyone remember that the Sea Sparrow has one to? Anyways, just warp away from the people using them and they bug you, just keep a heatseeker with you and shoot them down. With the Tanks, I don't even care about them, people who usually killed me with them end up getting killed themselves since fire can destroy a tank fast.

Yeah, like I said before, the Hunter and Sea Sparrow have auto-aim on the minigun, so it does get annoying and shit, but if you're playing with your friends and they're cool with it it's sometimes fun to dodge rockets and shit in the Hunter and use the miniguns to own them :P. And like I said before, the Sherman is banned.

Anyway, I've been talking to Connor, here's what we're going to do (well, he's going to do really, I'll help a bit but he's much better at this then me).

We're going to make a group for all TGTAP members, when they sign in it will give you access to the Hunter, Hydra, etc, maybe the Sherman I don't know yet, if they're TGTAP members then I don't see why they can't have every vehicle. Here's the thing though, if we do do this you'd need to destroy it somehow, like blow it in the water or something like that or else someone else will find it... and yeah.

Sound like a good proposal or...?

#10 Noru

Noru

Nothing is true

• Elite Members
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

That sounds like a good idea for the groups. About destroying it after your done, that's not a problem and since spawning though F1, anything you spawn will disappear when you log off. Admin spawns would have to be destroyed after since they remain even after logging out, you'll be surprised on all the planes/tanks and etc... I have found just laying around all over the map.
- If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

#11 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

Well everything I was going to say has been pretty much answered above me. It's annoying when people abuse them but I wouldn't want to see them go, I just kill the guy who's using it.

However, I remember one time when a hacker got out of his tank. Stupidest mistake of his life :P I jumped right in and blew the crap out of him.

Nothing to see here, move along

#12 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:29 AM

Ahahaha... So a few times I've found that not only is it more effective, but much more FUN to admin-kill assholes who don't know when to stop. They want to be douches. They want to hack themselves bullet-proof. Welll, two can play that game. Admin-killing is a very effective, very fun, very entertaining((especially when other TGTAP members are on and understand what you're doing, then they get enjoyment, too)) way to get rid of really annoying hackers and the likes.

TGTAP group is a very good idea. And destroying the vehicles is easy for admins or when admins are on.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#13 Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

Pest Control

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

I agree with TM and Erf here. But you know something, this server should have a password and the password would only be PM'd to the most active and good people from TGTAP, nothing more.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users