Worst PC

_Ray

wtf lol ASUS is good. gigabyte is good too. kingston is good as well. never heard of barracuda (only barracuda drive from seagate)

my laptop is ASUS its worked perfect from day 1.

my cousin did say to me that ASUS is terrible, everything ASUS he ever bought has f**ked up. but its not true, maybe just bad luck for him, we put a asus 9800gt into a computer just yesterday it worked fine (we put a 808GB hard drive in as well, ive never seen that before). EEE pc with win7 worked fine. probly just bad luck.

@geran30

you mean ASUS rampage?

I wanna know, what is the difference between like .. a $90 motherboard and a $200 motherboard. From what I looked at, it had the same slots (maybe 4 ram instead of 2), still 1 pci-e x16, same amount of sata slots, ddr2 1066, its all the same ... ?

Edited by WRX22B1998

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so out of it tonight lol, yes i mean seagate, jesus ive spent the past 4 hours working on 2 sites its no 2am and i can't keep my head on lol, 2 vry long nights ive had >_>. I do really like asus, and you semi have a point, but you pay a lot more for the socket support, a $90 board would never support the cpu i have nor the same amount of ram, but anyways, unless your a really really heavy gamer that likes everything HD and as good as it gets, heck why not throw in 3d lol, Hahahaaaa Pfffft, and guys its 2am so if im not making sence then feel free to poke me with a sharp stick to get me talking normaly (ish) again :),

I'm so out of it tonight lol, yes i mean seagate, jesus ive spent the past 4 hours working on 2 sites its no 2am and i can't keep my head on lol, 2 vry long nights ive had >_>. I do really like asus, and you semi have a point, but you pay a lot more for the socket support, a $90 board would never support the cpu i have nor the same amount of ram, but anyways, unless your a really really heavy gamer that likes everything HD and as good as it gets, heck why not throw in 3d lol, Hahahaaaa Pfffft, and guys its 2am so if im not making sence then feel free to poke me with a sharp stick to get me talking normaly (ish) again :),

actually it supports AM2 like what u have ... my point is, they all support the same CPU, ramspeed (maybe ones have 1600FSB or something), same slots, bla bla bla. so why is it you're paying more?

oh right, seagate is good though??!

only the 7200.10 drives have issues iirc, but i thought seagate was one of the top brands.

OH FFS that damn ad covering this damn box again arg lol, anyways, my CPU is a AM2+ and it wont work on cheap board as i found out, my other asus board one model down wouldent take my AM+ even so it said it would, no idea why it wouldent work as the other board supports hyper thread transfer 3.0 and i dont think the board is unable to handle an 8mb cache cpu ut it just wouldent have it lol, i just think it couldent cope with 3.0 gh'z stupidly, i was not pleased at all that i had to get another board one model up to support the lastes AM-2= X4 II, not amused at all >_>

OH FFS that damn ad covering this damn box again arg lol, anyways, my CPU is a AM2+ and it wont work on cheap board as i found out, my other asus board one model down wouldent take my AM+ even so it said it would, no idea why it wouldent work as the other board supports hyper thread transfer 3.0 and i dont think the board is unable to handle an 8mb cache cpu ut it just wouldent have it lol, i just think it couldent cope with 3.0 gh'z stupidly, i was not pleased at all that i had to get another board one model up to support the lastes AM-2= X4 II, not amused at all >_>

oh right yeah, probably older mobo didnt support the new process eg 45nm etc

Lol i dont even think i can enter with my pc, its one i built and i think it might be a bit overpawerd to enter in the shittest pc lmao.

and nor can i enter my pc before that >_>.

Well, whatever, what's your specs anyway?

AMD Phenom X4 II 940 3.0 GHZ overclocked to 3.6GHZ

Nvidia GTX 295

6 gbs of geil black dragon gaming ram 800mhz, 1022 is less stable.

2x sata 250gb HDD's

can't remember what board ive got, the box is in the shop , its one sposerd by the republic of gamers and it an ASUS.

I'm a fanboy yesh, AMD, Nvidia and Asus and Geil, sorry but they are the best makes.

I understand the NVidia and Asus part, but AMD... wake-up, they still can't rival Yorkfields.. Still, I respect AMD fans for actually still sticking to AMD, even at their bad times. Their budget status does bring them down though.. but what else to do when you can't win the performance crown.

Not a fan of GEiL, but they're pretty good. Personally I'd go for Corsair (Dominator, which I've got now) or OCZ (love them, somehow.)

Oh, and by the way.. why are you posting that in a Worst PC thread?

ASUS motherboards are epic fail.Only some of them are quality.

lolwut?

They're fucking genius dude! OC as hell, those fuckers, they do.

I was asked to post it for the sakes of it anyway by someone else lol, well AMD are very good at the momeny assuming you get the correct CPU, their dual and tri cores are pish, but their latst Phenom X4 II's are fairly good, ASUS reacently managed to overclock one to 6ghz a core with nitrogen cooling, also if you actul compare intel and amd the amd CPU's actuly run a bit faster, not surre what they have up their sleve next, why dont we all buy those nice motherboards that support 2 cpus everyone :D, pricy.

Ehem, i belive i said

so long as you dont buy a shit asus board
, this was said because some of the Asus Board are actuly pretty unreliable, dont read inbetween the lines, that was directed at no one it was a statememnt and fact, i only use ASUS, they are very good, and the 8800GT i had was an ASUS, so you have a good card there, but some Asus board are not good, but im an ASUS fanboy, it's all i use and all i ever will.

Ehem, i belive i said
, this was said because some of the Asus Board are actuly pretty unreliable, dont read inbetween the lines, that was directed at no one it was a statememnt and fact, i only use ASUS, they are very good, and the 8800GT i had was an ASUS, so you have a good card there, but some Asus board are not good, but im an ASUS fanboy, it's all i use and all i ever will.

I find ASUS better than everyone else in Taiwan that makes PC parts. Pretty reliable and stuff, although they do suck on occasion.

Ehem, i belive i said

I find ASUS better than everyone else in Taiwan that makes PC parts. Pretty reliable and stuff, although they do suck on occasion.

That's, uh, pretty much what he said.