44 replies to this topic

#1 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

Thought it would good to make this just incase any of you guys are having trouble with anything in our public MTA server, as I have seen people mentioning some things.

There won't be any posts here for a while if we're lucky, but please feel free to mention anything that's a problem.

Edited by Twisted, 19 February 2009 - 05:30 PM.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#2 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

There won't be any posts here for a while if we're lucky, but please feel free to mention anything that's a problem.

LOL

U know,the weapon thing although you can fix that with the brass knuckles or typing / ...weps

But it's still annoying.

Edited by Steam, 19 February 2009 - 05:31 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

The one thing I found annoying was that last night there were over twenty people on, all of whom I didn't know. The real bad thing about that is how they came to know the password. Another thing is and this has never happened to me before is that I went on yesterday three times and I had 0 (null, zero, zilch) FPS for over five minutes, this was all three times. I went on two weeks ago and had just over 40 FPS with the frame limiter on.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#4 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

There isn't a password set for the public server, so anybody can come on really.

For your other problem, I'm not really sure, but I've never had it, I think some people were playing with those massive explosion things the other day, so maybe it was that.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#5 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

I'm slowly becoming sick and tired of the assholes who randomly go in there thinking they are allowed to run any server they go in. And it is most of TGTAP's members, too. I really only get requests to ban players or deal with players from TGTAP members. I once had someone ask me what gave me the right to tell people what to do. I LOL'd.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#6 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

That's why I would like to suggest that we incorporate a password. Something simple, easy enough for all of our members to remember. With it being public, it is more prone to hackers such as those guys that most of us are posting about and people like the guy who said "Make me admin, I've been playing on here for two years" or something alike. If this were to come into place then the server wouldn't be quite as active but it'll stop irritating people from accessing it.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#7 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

I'm slowly becoming sick and tired of the assholes who randomly go in there thinking they are allowed to run any server they go in. And it is most of TGTAP's members, too. I really only get requests to ban players or deal with players from TGTAP members. I once had someone ask me what gave me the right to tell people what to do. I LOL'd.

Yeah, I can see that getting quite annoying. I think for TGTAP members, if it's all right with the admins and other important people, I'll compile a little rule list with what's been discussed in here and post it (of course if anyone else wants to do it or doesn't think I have the authority to, being only a scripter, fair enough. If people think I should, then I'll wait for conformation from Rem or Sherman and run it through with them first).

For the non-TGTAP members, I say we just inform them that they're not supposed to be telling the admins what to do and if they don't agree, then there will be concequences.

That's why I would like to suggest that we incorporate a password. Something simple, easy enough for all of our members to remember. With it being public, it is more prone to hackers such as those guys that most of us are posting about and people like the guy who said "Make me admin, I've been playing on here for two years" or something alike. If this were to come into place then the server wouldn't be quite as active but it'll stop irritating people from accessing it.

I'm with you a little on the password idea, but I can see it restricting some fun things we could be doing. Hackers just get banned really, we're really quick to inform them that they can't do that a lot of the time.

About those guys asking to be admin, there's no need to even bother about them, it's a thing that can be corrected with a simple "no".

Oh yeah, incase any of you are wondering why I'm kind of taking a bit of leadership here, is because Sherman isn't really active at the moment (no offense intended at all) and Rem, he already does far enough for us and he has told me it can get a bit hard (that's all I will say).

Posted Image

#8 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

Connor will back me up, as he was in there((I think)).

We have a SERIOUS issue with hackers/modders. There is no reasoning with most of them. They think since they did it, they can continue to do it, and that they are entirely in the right. They have various BS reasons for being right, "lol u cn mod game 2!!!!", "BUT MTA IS MOD SO MOD ALLOWED!!!"

It is such a serious issue, we are losing potential players because of it((and that IS why it's a public server, right? Otherwise we'd just password it and be done?)). I've already watched one player leave today because the server was 60 percent modders and hackers. It makes it extremely hard for us to play.

It poses another problem for people like me with decent PCs and mediocre internet connections. It lags me up like crazy when people do this crazy shit and over-load the game. That brings me to another issue, the weather and time. We can't stop people from changing it. They just do it in secret and laugh at us while we tell them to stop, because they know we can't do shit about it. I got off today because at one point I just wanted to kick everyone and tell them to fuck themselves. It's getting bad.

This is why we need something that tells EVERYONE who is changing the weather and time. It's okay to change it, but seriously, some people will sit there and change it repeatedly, back and forth.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#9 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:01 AM

Yeah, I can back you up on that, it's becoming somewhat of a regular thing now too, but there isn't really anything I can think of doing about hacking apart from banning.

About the weather, I can fix that. As soon as Rem comes online, he can tell me which script that GUI is with the weather changer in it, I will make it so it will output to the chatbox the person who changed the weather for example = "(Connor) has changed the weather".

Posted Image

#10 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:05 AM

Also, TSUKSE doesn't look like he's up to any good((he's been on since I got on, hasn't moved from that one spot, and now that everyone is off, he's still on, by himself)).

Posted Image

lolz

#11 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:08 AM

Hmm, an admin better go have a look.

Posted Image

#12 Noru

Noru

Nothing is true

• Elite Members
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:08 AM

After you and Conner left, a couple of people came on which had mods installed that made their cars go faster then normal and all that. One guy made everyone around him Time Out and then I decided to warp to him and I crashed...

Anyways about the weather, It would be good if you can make it so that it tells us who's changing it. Then if an admin is on and someone starts abusing it, they can just kick them.

Edited by Noru, 20 February 2009 - 02:15 AM.

- If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

#13 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:10 AM

I'm seriously doing that as soon as Rem comes online, it might have to wait until tomorrow though.

Posted Image

#14 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

Hmm, an admin better go have a look.

It was okay. He's a pretty innocent player.

Posted Image

lolz

#15 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

Great. :awesome:

He must be pretty bored on his own tho.

Posted Image

#16 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:36 AM

Great. :awesome:

He must be pretty bored on his own tho.

Supposedly he was getting pizza. He was dead for a while((I noticed his health said "Dead"))

Posted Image

lolz

#17 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:09 AM

Hmm i know this is a obvious one, but the weapons thing, that you sometimes can't get em after you died.

#18 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:33 AM

Can you be a bit more specific please?

Posted Image

#19 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

^ same error as mine.

Posted Image

#20 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

What WRX means is, occasionally, after you are killed, you cannot spawn a weapon, the weapons appear in the list, but no matter how many times you select them they don't appear in your inventory. The "easy-fix" for this is by going to the top of the weapons list and double clicking on 'Hand', then selecting your desired weapon.

Perhaps this could be resolved? Though I do suspect its an actual MTA app issue.

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users