Things i dislike about GTA4

kriss3d

The driving is poor compared to GTA III. I guess I will just have to get used to it :/

Well III had more arcade type driving and IV is more simulation. It took me a while to get used to IV but now its my favorite part of the game. I hate the way bikes handle though, fixed it LaD but didn't transfer it back which pissed me off.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

duno men,i dont need any humor,i mean da comedy club is pretty much enough for men,da taxis are all over da place men,and even if u dont find on call yo cousin.Anyways the missions absolutly suck,i dont know i only played em till the middle of chapter 3 and got bored,where i compledted gta sa 4 times an still didnt get bored,lol duno y really.Then wtf is wiv da clothes in dis game,also no gym,haidressers,cant dive underwater,cant pimp yo ride,cant fly planes,and more.lol but overall i wud give da game about a 7/10

The lack of vehicle customisation. Also, I find the graphics settings and performance in the PC version rather crappy. They could've made it like in Red Alert 3 or NFS Undercover where you can set the shaders to very low or off.

Yeah but in undercover the graphics seem depressing like there's no bright colors or no saturation really.

The camera.. Why the heck cant it be attacked to stay in the same place ? I constantly have to click and release the Caps button to set the camera behind my chars when doing corners and such.

The camera seems very fine to me. It's even better than the Vice City cam, to be honest it was horrible.

I cannot stand the camera in the PC version. I'd really like to be able to see where I'm headed without having to use the mouse.

What I really dislike about the PC version is that I Cannot use my PS2 or PS3 controllers that I have plugged into my PC that work for every other game on the planet. Is the logitech dual action useable with it (supposedly works according to the patch release notes, but I'd like to know for sure before buying one), or am I going to have to break down and buy a 360 controller?

I agree, GTA IV does have some flaws. I think they have made it too realistic imo. I liked it in Vice City, where the cops were pretty awful, whereas in IV the cops are on every street corner, and if you fire one bullet they are after you. Most of the time in the game, mission or not, you are being chased by the police. However, I do like the driving in IV as it is more realistic and gives you an insight to younger players to find out what driving can actually be like with drifting.

I personally like the story line. It is not my favourte storyline at all, but it is very good and well thought out. my favourite story line is the Vice City story.

I think another flaw is the lack of customization. In San Andreas, you could basically create you own character with a variety of clothing shops, barbers and of course, the tattoo parlour. In GTA IV you only get 2(?) shops, Modo and Perseus (sp?), and you get no barber shops, so you cannot change your hairstyle, and you cannot give Niko some pretty hardcore tattoo unlike San Andreas. I think this is where I prefer Saints Row, because I like to customize my player and make it unique.

Furthermore, I really do not like Liberty City, I didn't like it in GTA III and I still do not like Liberty. I think it's very dark and gloomy, whereas Vice City is just beautiful with clear blue sparkly seas and the weather is gorgeous, whereas in Liberty it tends to rain a lot and when I play it, I can't get myself into the missions playing the game with the city. The city is smaller than San Andreas, which in a way, is a good thing, because San Andreas was just huge. Vice City is maybe a tad too small and would be better if it was bigger.

I like how you still have the ability to swim in this game, but R* have taken away the abhility of swimming underwater, which I think was a good add to San Andreas, as I think the previous GTA's had annoyed gamers that their character (Vercetti, Claude) could not swim at all, and as soon as they fell in the water, they were always sleeping with the fish.

Also in the previous GTA's you took over the city. For example, Tommy takes over Vice City, with his gang being the biggest in Vice City, In San Andreas, CJ can defeat every other gang in Los Santos and the whole gang turf can be his, and he also helps the Triads take over the gambling business at Las Venturas.

Despite these flaws, GTA IV has the best graphics ever seen in a GTA game, maybe the best graphics ever seen in a game. However, despite all the negativity I have pointed out, GTA IV is still ONE HELL OF A GAME!!!

The lack of vehicle customisation

lag online (but that happens with everything)

falling out of the car when crashing (although i LIKE this too, it makes for epic lulz)

no custom soundtracks on console (i guess you couldnt do this before, but considering the power of consoles now its a shame)

that be all atm il add more later.

Edited by WRX22B1998

I'm sick of Liberty... Rockstar seem to be proud of Liberty City or something, because I don't think there is a single GTA game (not counting the oldskool ones :)) without at least a reference to how good Liberty is.

GTA 1 - Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas

GTA 2 - Anywhere

GTA III - Liberty City

GTA VC - Vice City, Tommy comes from Liberty City.

GTA SA - San Andreas, Carl comes from Liberty City.

GTA IV - Liberty City II

GTA CW - Liberty City II

However, I do think we may see the return of Vice City or San Andreas... GTA 1 featured all 3 locations, then they played out, in order, in the 3D GTA games. Maybe Rockstar are gonna stick to these places...

I guess, if it wasn't for San Andreas... GTA IV would be huge. But since it is compared to San Andreas, it's frowned down upon. San Andreas had nearly everything you could want in a game, especially a GTA game. And the most annoying thing to most people is the change... "If it aint broke, don't fix it" - The new game engine means that we may never again get to experience another game quite like the San Andreas we know and love. This goes for GTA 3 and Vice City too... If Rockstar were gonna create them again, it just wouldn't feel right, at least to me.

GTA is just going up through the generations. Rockstar are a company, wanting to make money. They see the new engine to be a chance to gain buys of the more modern gamers. GTA would be nothing to most people if it had just kept the old GTA 1 engine forever... So they are gonna keep making new engines to stay "fresh" until the GTA frenchise eventually slows down and they pull out the next frenchise (Agent?). It's the way the industry works...

And yes, 'Agent' has been announced for the PS3. Rockstar themselves said it would be big and lets face it, GTA can't go on forever :cry: - Although, even if GTA does "die"... People like me will cling onto their copies forever and keep modding it and making Total Conversions that get more downloads then Rockstar gets buys, lol :P

I'm hoping GTA is big enough for there to still be a large amount of people in the GTA community after the frenchise passes... I myself am getting the Vice City and III on PC so I can mod it ;) - Even if it's old, it should still get played.

I'm hoping GTA is big enough for there to still be a large amount of people in the GTA community after the frenchise passes... I myself am getting the Vice City and III on PC so I can mod it ;) - Even if it's old, it should still get played.

If you're looking to get Vice City and III together for a cheap price I would get the GTA Trilogy on the PC. Just found out about it today. I am going to be

getting it myself.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=74712

The camera.. Why the heck cant it be attacked to stay in the same place ? I constantly have to click and release the Caps button to set the camera behind my chars when doing corners and such.

The camera seems very fine to me. It's even better than the Vice City cam, to be honest it was horrible.

I cannot stand the camera in the PC version. I'd really like to be able to see where I'm headed without having to use the mouse.

What I really dislike about the PC version is that I Cannot use my PS2 or PS3 controllers that I have plugged into my PC that work for every other game on the planet. Is the logitech dual action useable with it (supposedly works according to the patch release notes, but I'd like to know for sure before buying one), or am I going to have to break down and buy a 360 controller?

That's the thing I love about the PC version, using a mouse. I hate controllers and just love keyboard mouse stuff.

But.. how are you driving then? You only need one hand on the keyboard for that. Right hand for camera and shooting, right?

I'm sick of Liberty... Rockstar seem to be proud of Liberty City or something, because I don't think there is a single GTA game (not counting the oldskool ones :)) without at least a reference to how good Liberty is.

GTA 1 - Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas

GTA 2 - Anywhere

GTA III - Liberty City

GTA VC - Vice City, Tommy comes from Liberty City.

GTA SA - San Andreas, Carl comes from Liberty City.

GTA IV - Liberty City II

GTA CW - Liberty City II

You forgot two others that are in Liberty City GTAA, and LCS. Also I'm pretty sure VCS doesn't have any connection to Liberty City at all. I don't really think it's because R* think Liberty City is good. Think about it for a second. Since GTA III what has every GTA set in Liberty City have in common? They were all the first GTAs on their respective platform.

GTA III- First GTA on PS2.

GTAA- First GTA on the Gameboy Advance.

LCS- First GTA on PSP.

GTA IV- First GTA on PS3/360.

CTW- First GTA on DS.

IMO R* use Liberty City as a "base" of sorts for future GTA titles.

Edited by MiamiViceCity

• 3 weeks later...

R* failed miserably in all their games' viewing cams. Don't get me wrong, they're really neat, better than any other car sim BUT - they left out a dedicated chase cam, a MUST for car sims. Didn't offer players a CHOICE!

Car and flight sims already have severe difficulties in viewing the environment: lack of FOV, it's like driving with your head in a box. True depth perception "is that grey area flat or a wall?" We need compensation not more difficulty like turning a corner and be looking at the car sideways the wrong way! If you're going to turn right, the camera should swing left so you can see where you're going like you do in RL.

Well, I fixed that, I edited the BONNET_FWD views to be fixed chase cam. I just moved the cam behind the car, above and pointing slightly down, solves the other problem of the cams being too low behind the car so you can't see what's right in front of you, one of my MAJOR b*tches about R* cam views! Now if I can just disconnect it from the suspension so it doesn't jiggle so much..... :rolleyes:

Can you imagine a PC car sim with no joystick support? :bashhead: WTF are they thinking of? Leave it to R*!

Shooting from the car - I use KB for accel/brake, stick for steering. How do I use the mouse for point-and-shoot? I can't. I don't have 3 hands. I have to stop steering since buttons can't be assigned to a joystick :pissedred: . You should have a lock-on-target function at least.

Big Problem: this game seems to be mostly about dating men :thumbsdown: Stupid filler to spread out the game between missions. You know what I want to tell 'em? "Go get yourself a girlfriend and leave me the freak alone, bunghole!"

How can a car spin out with almost no power applied?

Where's my modding garages? I want to put some chrome 20 incher wheels and a spoiler and a hood scoop on my Ruiner! You can only change colors from "carcols.dat". That's OK, I made some stunning colors for specular on black :thumbsup: Here's a tip: you can assign a color set for your favorite car model, go jack one, save in a parking spot, remove that color set from carcols.dat and your saved car will be the only one colored like it in the game.

How about those turn signals though? :thumbsup: The times I wished SA had them! :lolbounce:

IV can't hold a candle to SA but nonetheless it's a great game with an incredibly detailed gloomy environment.

At least it's moddable, it's only saving grace :coolthumbup: .

Rofl, so spending time, in any measure doing anything with men is considered dating them?

Super-hetero's, saving the internet from sexual ambiguity since you need to chill the hell out.

What do you do when you DATE the women in the game?

ANSWER: Same things you do when you DATE the men in the game only there's 5 times more men to date than women.

Hey, maybe R* could have allowed a sexual preference setting!

It's not "any measure" and it's not "doing anything", you're speaking out of context. It's constant, pervasive, interrupting and never lets up.

I'm not a Super-hetero. Homosexuality is a natural stage in spiritual evolution that everyone experiences. Each spirit experiences times as both genders and the changing over process in the course of their Sojourns.

Gender doesn't exist in the higher Astral Worlds, it's only necessary for PHYSICAL propagation of a species.

Or don't you know what a "Soul Mate" is? Eventually you're reunited with your other half into one Being. GOD has no gender. If GOD is a "he" he's not EVERYTHING then is He? Or maybe GOD is a SHE who "gave birth" to the Universe. Humans are just incapable of thinking outside the gender box.

My beef is that this is not an action type of "filler" for a game. Remember the filler in GTASA? Taking over gang territories - LOTS of ACTION! Remember "Let's do a drive by"? Now you're just bowling & playing darts & stuff, :thumbsdown: Although Brucie has boating & chopper rides but even here you have no control, you can't really go where you want or keep the boat or chopper. You lose the car you go there with (another one of my beefs - why have cars you can't use? SA too). You don't get hot coffee with the extra girl he brings along....

A lot of this game has what I call "shortouts", stuff that just leaves you hanging with no satisfactory result.

I estimate that GTAIV has about 1/8 of the activities that GTASA had.

There's lots of things I love about GTAIV but that is not the subject matter of this thread. Maybe you should start one if you're going to complain about what people say in this one.

So it's not only about dating men, deal with your fixations!

• 2 weeks later...
Rofl, so spending time, in any measure doing anything with men is considered dating them?

Super-hetero's, saving the internet from sexual ambiguity since you need to chill the hell out.

ANSWER: Same things you do when you DATE the men in the game only there's 5 times more men to date than women.

It's not "any measure" and it's not "doing anything", you're speaking out of context. It's constant, pervasive, interrupting and never lets up.

I'm not a Super-hetero. Homosexuality is a natural stage in spiritual evolution that everyone experiences. Each spirit experiences times as both genders and the changing over process in the course of their Sojourns.

Gender doesn't exist in the higher Astral Worlds, it's only necessary for PHYSICAL propagation of a species.

Or don't you know what a "Soul Mate" is? Eventually you're reunited with your other half into one Being. GOD has no gender. If GOD is a "he" he's not EVERYTHING then is He? Or maybe GOD is a SHE who "gave birth" to the Universe. Humans are just incapable of thinking outside the gender box.

My beef is that this is not an action type of "filler" for a game. Remember the filler in GTASA? Taking over gang territories - LOTS of ACTION! Remember "Let's do a drive by"? Now you're just bowling & playing darts & stuff, :thumbsdown: Although Brucie has boating & chopper rides but even here you have no control, you can't really go where you want or keep the boat or chopper. You lose the car you go there with (another one of my beefs - why have cars you can't use? SA too). You don't get hot coffee with the extra girl he brings along....

A lot of this game has what I call "shortouts", stuff that just leaves you hanging with no satisfactory result.

There's lots of things I love about GTAIV but that is not the subject matter of this thread. Maybe you should start one if you're going to complain about what people say in this one.

dude guess wat?

U need 2 chill, I agree of wat u think,n its a good opinion... But loose up man, its just a game.....btw, R* should get more chicks to date with, I need to come in for a cup of hot coffee..LOL

:)) :D:)

dude guess wat?

U need 2 chill, I agree of wat u think,n its a good opinion... But loose up man, its just a game.....btw, R* should get more chicks to date with, I need to come in for a cup of hot coffee..LOL

:)) :D:)

• 2 weeks later...