Religiously confused?

Husky

Hey guys, I was watching an episode of South-Park on southparkstudios.com . So you know with the Vadakin law with the priests rapping the little boys? Any way every parody about religion confuses the hell out of me.

I'm a Christian... I have to say not a big fanboy of God and Jesus Christ. And there are some other religions, like with the Buddha sitting under a tree for 20 years.

I just have something to say. " What? "

Almost everyone in the entire world/universe has been searching for answers. And so have I, what is the real point of life? Just to waist electricity and punch buttons all day and work?

Can some one tell me about Christianity? Its about 9 o'clock at night with just a blue light on which is my air purifier and I am scared...

And so have I, what is the real point of life?

I've got no clue and i doubt we'll ever know. It sucks not knowing, which is part of how religion was created. You are right to doubt religion. Yes the bible is sort of crazy but if it helps you fill that void of not knowing what will happen to you after you die and help you live a happy life i say go for it. The rest you can forget about.

Or you can just live your life. Scaring yourself isn't going to help.

Can some one tell me about Christianity? Its about 9 o'clock at night with just a blue light on which is my air purifier and I am scared...

Sure. God created the world etc and then made a male named Adam and a Female named eve and put a shitton of trees on the ground. One of these trees contained forbidden fruit. God told Adam and Eve if they touched the fruit they would sin. Then a snake appeared with feet named Satan and it was like "lol touch the fruit" and they did, even though God told them that if they did they'd get fucked over. After that they had sex etc and weren't married and we're all children of Adam and Eve.

Which also means we're all children of incest :/.

the real point of life is to seek happiness.

i probably experienced that "happiness" just some days ago. Me and some of classmates stayed in an Augustinian major seminary for two and a half days, and that was one of my happiest experiences in my life even though all we did is to wake up early (around 3 AM or 5 AM) just to attend the morning prayers (called lauds) or morning mass, and then we clean the whole place and then eat and play some sports... the whole place is very silent even though it is located in the heart of the city, it is very relaxing for me. And we will sleep quite late (around 11 PM) but it is still happy even though i miss my family for a time and by the time a arrived home, some people noticed i became happier and physically healthier which is a good news for me. In that place, all we did is pray, work, eat and sleep.

now I'm considering to enter the seminary with my friend IF i finished my college but I can't find a job, but that is very risky imo.

i probably experienced that "happiness" just some days ago. Me and some of classmates stayed in an Augustinian major seminary for two and a half days, and that was one of my happiest experiences in my life even though all we did is to wake up early (around 3 AM or 5 AM) just to attend the morning prayers (called lauds) or morning mass, and then we clean the whole place and then eat and play some sports... the whole place is very silent even though it is located in the heart of the city, it is very relaxing for me. And we will sleep quite late (around 11 PM) but it is still happy even though i miss my family for a time and by the time a arrived home, some people noticed i became happier and physically healthier which is a good news for me. In that place, all we did is pray, work, eat and sleep.

now I'm considering to enter the seminary with my friend IF i finished my college but I can't find a job, but that is very risky imo.

Correct, although we're not just here for the lulz... There is a reason for us to be here in this place...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Maybe you should just go out and spend more time in groups and with friends? If praying and spending time in Church camp can help you physically and mentally, nobody would die anymore. Ok i won't argue logic in this topic.

Are you not confused about how there are so many religions in this world but you choose (insert religion here) but it is still 100% correct and makes complete sense.

Maybe you should just go out and spend more time in groups and with friends? If praying and spending time in Church camp can help you physically and mentally, nobody would die anymore. Ok i won't argue logic in this topic.

Are you not confused about how there are so many religions in this world but you choose (insert religion here) but it is still 100% correct and makes complete sense.

lol why? I've already been in groups and i had mates around, i had the materials that can make a "modern" person happy, but the simplicity of that place and its people made me a quite better person. And living in a place that can help me physically and mentally doesn't help me escape death, because it is understandable that everyone will die no matter how healthy you are. I'm not afraid of death anyway.

lol why? I've already been in groups and i had mates around, i had the materials that can make a "modern" person happy, but the simplicity of that place and its people made me a quite better person. And living in a place that can help me physically and mentally doesn't help me escape death, because it is understandable that everyone will die no matter how healthy you are. I'm not afraid of death anyway.

You must of misunderstood my point. I mean if praying and doing churchy stuff really improve your well being, I'd be doing it right now as well as the poor people in Africa. There would be no diseases and disabilities.

No answer?

You must of misunderstood my point. I mean if praying and doing churchy stuff really improve your well being, I'd be doing it right now as well as the poor people in Africa. There would be no diseases and disabilities.

i dunno if it can help you (honestly, i think you treat praying as a joke, no offense) and the africans, but i can say praying helped me alot...

No answer?

im not confused, everything makes sense for me, because i don't let my self immersed on the teachings of other religions...

anyway, i won't argue anymore, i'm just here to state my opinions :)

im not confused, everything makes sense for me, because i don't let my self immersed on the teachings of other religions...

That is very closed minded. No offense personally but this shows how ignorant someone is. You aren't confused because you never thought about it.

Not thinking = dumb = You've been successfully brainwashed!

(honestly, i think you treat praying as a joke, no offense)

And you have actual facts that it's real? I bought a Wii, it made me happy and i was physically healthier. I'm going to worship Nintendo now. If you think what i just said was stupid, you should read yours and tell me how they are different.

Now this is going to turn into the "Is God Real?" topic but I have to say what is needed.

To seek happiness would be to live, no? ;)

Correct, although we're not just here for the lulz... There is a reason for us to be here in this place...

I still say our purpose to to live. The reason for our being is to be. "Be and let be"

It isn't necessarily the praying. It's a psychological thing. Being in a quiet place with friends, relaxing playing sports, praying etc made him feel good. He enjoyed it. It wasn't stressful, therefore his body didn't have to over work itself((that doesn't mean physically, so don't point out the sports played)), and so it made him happy and that's an important issue to health.

So yes, the praying did help him.

That is very closed minded. No offense personally but this shows how ignorant someone is. You aren't confused because you never thought about it.

Not thinking = dumb = You've been successfully brainwashed!

(honestly, i think you treat praying as a joke, no offense)

And you have actual facts that it's real? I bought a Wii, it made me happy and i was physically healthier. I'm going to worship Nintendo now. If you think what i just said was stupid, you should read yours and tell me how they are different.

Now this is going to turn into the "Is God Real?" topic but I have to say what is needed.

No, actually, that wasn't needed. You aren't really being that nice about it. You're slapping him and saying, "You need to throw away what makes you happy and look for something else". He isn't being ignorant, he's being happy. He isn't hurting anyone, he isn't telling you that you will be unhappy unless you live like him. He's saying what has made him happy. Don't knock that.

I believe that we are given life only so that we can atone for our sins. Our lives were created for that very purpose. We all must atone for our sins. We must not pass them on to the next generation and we must not leave them for the future.

So we live.... To make up for sins..... That we couldn't commit without living? That doesn't even make sense. Unless you believe in reincarnation.... But then.... That would still mean our original purpose was making up for sins....

I think that the bible is just a book to help us get by in life, like obey your parents , say hello to your neighbors etc...

It is a book of morals and proper values. When looked at like that, and nothing more, it makes sense, and becomes a valuable book again. When people take it for literal meaning the lessons and values in it are usually lost.

When it comes to social activities for health, the point isn't to force yourself to be social. That's unhealthy. If you are a naturally non-social person, then being alone is probably what will make you happy. Try a walk in a forest, or spend a night in your room laying in bed with your favorite music. Do something that makes you happy. The true secret to health is happiness.

I'm a social butterfly, I absolutely love social settings. I've calmed down a lot recently, but I still like hanging out in groups. Hookah is one of my things. It's relaxing, it's fun, and it's a way to bond with friends. And to top it all off, FLAVORED HOOKAH.... Hell yeah? We just bought a hookah and were out back smoking it just a half an hour ago.

The point of life is living. The secret to health is happiness. The secret to happiness is doing what feels right to YOU. The more you let other people tell you what to do, the more stressful decision making becomes.

Just like Spaz said, the point in life is to live, and to make something of yourself (Well that's what I've learnt). If you're life is full of control and you can't control it yourself, this will make it either harder or easier to live, it really depends on what is controlling you and how you would manage to maintain it. I never like people controlling me, but the fact is you've been controlled once, and that's from your parents. My parents controlled me when I was young, they wanted me to be a Lawyer, Doctor, or a business man, but ofcourse, they let me go once I began to understand the whole world, then came to deciding what I wanted be in life, and obviously doing something in either Graphics, IT and some other stuff.

Some people are chained to what they believe in, and they have to live with it, and their are some who are trying to get the chains off to have a better life, and to live it. I think many of us were once chained to stuff are parents wanted us to be. I guess one choice is to break out of it, and to live with what makes you happy overall. I'm happy with my choices I made, so I feel happy.