VC vs. VCS

_Ray

Answering to first post:

Vice City has the better overall storyline atmosphere. But once you beat the game, there is not much to do except boost your pilot ranking and criminal rating etc. Although this is my favorite GTA for some reason.

Vice City Stories has a great storyline, but not quite as good. Though, the missions are more challenging than VC. I love the empire building feature and swimming, more combat moves, phil collins, more planes and helicopters and the slightly better soundtrack make VCS soundtrack even more amazing!

These games are both great!

The main difference from VC to VCS is the game's engine and more features like swimming, cycling, more interors, the buildings light up and look very nice, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Vice City's story was better, along with the characters(even the ones that returned in VCS I liked them better in VC). I saw a video review for VCS and the reviewer said it was like they got a writer from the Lifetime network to write the script for the game. I liked that cause it was so close to what I had thought when i first played it. Vic is a kind of annoying and contradictory character in my opinion. He doesnt work for me. And the things most of the characters say are more stupid to me than funny. VCS is an ok game but it's at the bottom of my list. One good thing though is there is more gameplay after finishing the main story than there was in VC.

Vice City Stories isn't as great as one could think about returning to Vice.

Though it had radical changes (more neon lighting, more side missions, swimming, etc.), it had big time disappointments. Like the others said, the storyline was weak, weaker than LCS. The ending is too damn easy. I mean, this could be the easiest mission. The graphics were a disappointment: cartoony to the extent that it was TOO unrealistic. Returning characters are worse than their original counterparts, especially Lance Vance. Damn.

VC>VCS.

Vice City Stories isn't as great as one could think about returning to Vice.

Though it had radical changes (more neon lighting, more side missions, swimming, etc.), it had big time disappointments. Like the others said, the storyline was weak, weaker than LCS. The ending is too damn easy. I mean, this could be the easiest mission. The graphics were a disappointment: cartoony to the extent that it was TOO unrealistic. Returning characters are worse than their original counterparts, especially Lance Vance. Damn.

VC>VCS.

Well said, I seriously think there's no reason to get VCS, if you really wish to get a portable gta game go get Chinatown Wars or LCS.

Wow. I actually really enjoyed VCS. Liked it more than VC, mainly because I didn't like VC's controls, but still, I love both games. As for VCS's storyline, GTA never has been known for it's STORYLINE imo so I don't know why VCS's storyline is so bad. :P Graphics weren't amazing on either, but that didn't change anything for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked VC more.

VCS adds a lot of stuff to do after finishing the game. In VC you don't get to do much stuff after completing the game, but It still is my favorite GTA.

Although VCS had a graphical improvement, It was still dissapointing. The storyline wasn't as good as the original VC, and it had few missions. I would have forgiven that, but they were too damn easy, specially after you get the minigun. But the game was cheap, and fun for a while. Also I always hated that you start on the Little Havana island, instead of the Washington Beach island.

• 1 month later...
Does VCS have anything to do with Tommy Vercetti?

It paved the way for Tommy's conquest.

Also I always hated that you start on the Little Havana island, instead of the Washington Beach island.

Hmm. In VC, people always tried to get to the other island to get the Maverick.