What do I need to make my room a gaming setup?

Husky

Hey guys! I've always wanted to have a bad-ass video gaming room for my bedroom. Right now my dad says he is only paying for things under $6,000. Well Six-Thousand Dollars is just the limit. :lolbounce:

Just to get it out of the way my room size is medium, I have a queen sized bed which takes up 70% of my room space. I'll posts some pictures of my room soon. I have been living in it for almost a year. I can only move out of my house when I'm 21. ( A full grown adult ). Everything in my room is standard. Flat walls the color white. Can I tell you whats in my room now?

- A LCD 19'' flat screen.

- A shitty dell Insperon 15501 Laptop computer.

- Two brown hand-me-down dressers from the 1960's

- A groovy picture of the New Volkswagen Beetle , a Baseball trophy , a picture of me when I was a baby , a sign of Jamacia.

- A trash can

- No desk

- A big ass closet which takes up 5 percent of my room space

- A dresser that came with the bed.

- A Panosonic speaker , and a Sony speaker which is just for show.

- A lava lamp

- And a dead plant.

Please. Tell me what I need to improve this room into a hardcore gaming room! The limit is only 6 grand!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw out the plant, get a new one and water it, you tool.

You need a nice desk, I dunno if IKEA has US stores but if they do then get down there and get something decent, Scandinavians generally know how to design stuff out of wood. Put your PC/laptop and monitor on it, along with your lava lamp, lava lamps aren't really cool anymore but whatever.

5.1 surround sound. Don't need anything awesome unless you're an audiophile, Logitech X-540 are some good speakers that I've got, I'd recommend them. Fairly cheap now. Get rid of theose speakers you have at the moment.

Any furniture you aren't using get rid of it so you have more space. If money is left, a nice chair would be a good idea.

If your budget really is $6,000 then you are a lucky man and could get some incredibly nice stuff for your room.

And definetly get either one of these, depending on which fits your needs. (Or Both :awesome: )

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824001280

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16889005023

Also, for well under $2000 you could build a bad ass PC.

5.1 surround sound. Don't need anything awesome unless you're an audiophile, Logitech X-540 are some good speakers that I've got, I'd recommend them. Fairly cheap now. Get rid of theose speakers you have at the moment.

Look at the link for speakers I gave him.

Perfect.

I have them, and I know they're amazing.

Or, for extreme power, get these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16836121120

Edited by raybob95

Throw out the plant, get a new one and water it, you tool.

You need a nice desk, I dunno if IKEA has US stores but if they do then get down there and get something decent, Scandinavians generally know how to design stuff out of wood. Put your PC/laptop and monitor on it, along with your lava lamp, lava lamps aren't really cool anymore but whatever.

Any furniture you aren't using get rid of it so you have more space. If money is left, a nice chair would be a good idea.

If your budget really is $6,000 then you are a lucky man and could get some incredibly nice stuff for your room.

:awesome: Cool! I'll hide those in the closet. Is there any good PCs? That can store a whole lot of hard drive space , and supports TV tuners? And yeah there's an IKEA in NC. I'll get a medium sized.

Dell is shit, don't do it Husky. You'd be much better off building your own.

He made it sound like he didn't know how to build.

If he does, I can definetly reccomend a good Newegg setup (Except for mobo, and PSU, I have no clue)

But Husky, that hard drive will be great, and if you can build, then yeah, definetly do it. I only say Dell to people who can't build.

Edited by raybob95

I'm not that type of guy that likes to build PC's. :P I'll try to save a couple of dollars on some dark-gray paint.

EDIT: Screw it. I'll give it a try.

Edited by Husky

I'm not that type of guy that likes to build PC's. :P I'll try to save a couple of dollars on some dark-gray paint.

EDIT: Screw it. I'll give it a try.

K, then get the TV, Speakers, and that Dell PC.

EDIT: If you can't build, you can probably get someone to do it for you.

Edited by raybob95