35 members have voted

1. 1. Best Written English

• chris82
    • Gerard
    • Jace
    • MrLlamaLlama
    • rockstarrem

Why isn't my name up there?

I speak English, Italian and Macedonian very well with English as my first language. In forums and in regular writing I aslways use gramar and I have a very high vocabulary and good spelling.

Why isn't my name up there?

I speak English, Italian and Macedonian very well with English as my first language. In forums and in regular writing, I aslways use gramar and I have a very high vocabulary and good spelling.

You want the nice answer? You weren't nominated. You want the douchebag answer? You have 25 posts that count, this is the probably the first time most people have seen you, and you have at least three grammatical errors in your last sentence, which I've been kind enough to bold for you. Why is a comma bolded? You didn't friggin' have one there, Prof. English.

Actually you can put a comma there. You're ending the subordinate clause ("In forums and regular writing..."), and separating it from the main clause ("I always do this"). You don't have to, but it helps people understand what you're saying, as it is much more like the natural pause in speech. The general rule is to use a comma if the adjective clause is optional.

However, as for "I always use grammar" - even when spelt correctly that makes little sense.

Actually you can put a comma there. You're ending the subordinate clause ("In forums and regular writing..."), and separating it from the main clause ("I always do this"). You don't have to, but it helps people understand what you're saying, as it is much more like the natural pause in speech. The general rule is using a comma if the adjective clause is optional.

However, as for "I always use grammar" - even when spelt correctly that makes little sense.

More proof that Gerard invented the English language.