A little something I made...

azn

After reading this link (Thanks Llama) I tried a couple of things that I had learned. The 'Ja Rule' text is actually an image and I used the Magic Wand tool to cut out the background to keep the text. I wanted to use a Layer Mask but I couldn't figure out how to so the cutout of Ja is a pic using the Magnetic Lasso Tool and shadowing the bottom left corner.

JaRulenewsigcopy-1.jpg

Also, there is a white border that doesn't go well with the grey forum background. Could I get some feedback please? ^_^

Hmm, I like, I think it looks good.

Assuming you cut out the Ja Rule text with the magic wand, it wouldn't have been hard either to use the Magnetic Lasso tool to cut it out as well, it would make the cutout's edges a little smooth. If you do own CS3, use the refine edge tool, I use it when I've cut out a picture which had jagged edges, and hell' it worked. For the layer mask, go onto Layers > Layer Mask > Reveal All. I don't know what exactly you want to do with it, but I usually use it for the fade in effect in most of my graphics work. I use the gradient tool after I masked the layer for the fade in effect to work.

I don't know what else you could do with the layer mask, I'm still haven't fully experimented with it, but soon I am to. But I like it azn. Add a 2px white border, and after that, add a 1px black border, you'll see a great difference with the signature you currently created. :)

By the way, when you mean you can't save it as a .PNG, does a small window come up saying you can't? Could you print screen it please? I'd like to see why. Also whenever you do save it as a .PNG, don't interlace, I just place it as "None". Thanks.

Edited by TM™

Thanks for your advice :) I've added two borders, one black and one white. And does the Refine tool not work with Quick Selection?

Well with the layer mask, I'm not so sure what it's meant to be used for..so I didn't know what I was doing :S

JaRulenewsig1.jpg

And here's the error, I do click None for interlace, though.

bitch-1.png