58 replies to this topic

#41 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

As far as I know Chris is/will be working on integrating the MTA stats with the forums. And insted of all gangs starting with Nil we could give each gang 10/100k as starting money for weapons/gang cars etc.

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#42 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

This is not directed at you Evo, but shouldn't we get the system running before we plan on things such as "bank heists" etc? We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves...

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

#43 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

How about we keep the basics (Turf, character selection, weapons) and then add in the features as we go along?

Posted Image

#44 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

I totally agree with you azn. Keep it nice and simple - for now at least. :)

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

#45 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, so we can get a good feel of the way the server works, and then we'll have a better idea of what features we'd like to make it better; as who knows if we add all this in at once will it work or not?

Posted Image

#46 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

As far as I know Chris is/will be working on integrating the MTA stats with the forums. And insted of all gangs starting with Nil we could give each gang 10/100k as starting money for weapons/gang cars etc.

This is what I was saying. We aren't at zero now, why make us all start at zero in MTA?

This is not directed at you Evo, but shouldn't we get the system running before we plan on things such as "bank heists" etc? We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves...

Well, I think they are trying to get everything they want coded. They are testing things as they go along on small-scale instead of having a bunch of people going crazy and bogging things down. Or, at least, I assume that's the reasoning.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#47 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

Guys I'm already at a stage where I'm coding bots to react exactly as in singleplayer. Limitless possibilities, don't need to stick to basics as Spaz said.

Posted Image

#48 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

That would be quite unfair. I mean there is always one member of a gang who owns half or more the money in one gang and because of a certain gang's richness, giving it out to the newer members of the forum and the gang would leave the money in a person who won't be quite as trusted as the rest of the gang. The whole gang could find their coffers gone if someone were to use it unwisely. I have almost half the total amount of money the FFM has anyway. I would prefer if it was set to zero, so nobody has an advantage in the gang and we had to earn it ourselves. It'd be like the way GTA IV multiplayer would work, kill someone you gain $100, do a job you'd get $5000.

The gang dons should get $400,000 to be able to pay for missions, assassinations, cavalry etc. The rest of the gang should get some sort of equal amount that they must be able to increase and decrease in some way. I would like to see earning money quite hard to make sure that some people can't find loopholes to getting millions upon millions of TGTAP Dollars.

We could go for something relating to a members current amount of money though, here would be some set amounts of money if we were to convert the money to be used in MTA:

$200,000,000 Forum would be $20,000,000 TGTAP MP
$20,000,000 Forum would be $2,000,000 TGTAP MP
$2,000,000 Forum would be $200,000 TGTAP MP
$200,000 Forum would be $20,000 TGTAP MP
$20,000 Forum would be $2,000 TGTAP MP
$2,000 Forum would be $200 TGTAP MP
$200 Forum would be $20 TGTAP MP

With this fixed amount of money/10=mpmoney would mean we wouldn't have so much hassle and we could simply just ask members to post their money count to the nearest hundred or so to calculate the amounts above. Ofcourse it wouldn't be $200,000 and so on, it would be whatever in that list is most accurate to your amount of money you currently have.

We need to get the money issue sorted so we're all happy.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#49 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

So just give everyone a tenth of what they already have? One-off, then just change the values of what you can buy/earn to match?

Or do you mean keep the systems using separate quantities of money, but make them calculate differently when you cross between the two?

If you're going to do that, why not just change the value of the money, so you can buy less or more with it?

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#50 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:53 AM

Well what I meant was to have a separate gang-account in-game and put the starting money in there, the gangs can come together/vote and decide what all they want to buy so its not just one player monopolising. Every individual player starts at 0 or a reasonable amount and he can earn by killing etc.

Posted Image

#51 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

Well you could do that I guess - if you're saying have two separate accounts, one for the forums - one for the server.

Posted Image

#52 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:05 AM

I mean two accounts in game, The gang account and the normal player account. Assuming we are going to have a bank system that is.

Posted Image

#53 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:12 AM

So just give everyone a tenth of what they already have? One-off, then just change the values of what you can buy/earn to match?

Or do you mean keep the systems using separate quantities of money, but make them calculate differently when you cross between the two?

If you're going to do that, why not just change the value of the money, so you can buy less or more with it?

I mean the quote in bold. So, nobody loses that much money in the server, it puts the earned money to use.

There should be a selections of "banks" that you can join to put your money in, each having similar but different interest rates. These would be selected when you join the game for the first time, but you need to be logged in and registered before you can. Here are some banks we could use:

Bank of Los Santos
Bank of San Fierro
Bank of Las Venturas
Bank of Caligulas
Bank of America

etc.

Posted Image

#54 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

I mean the quote in bold. So, nobody loses that much money in the server, it puts the earned money to use.

There should be a selections of "banks" that you can join to put your money in, each having similar but different interest rates. These would be selected when you join the game for the first time, but you need to be logged in and registered before you can. Here are some banks we could use:

Bank of Los Santos
Bank of San Fierro
Bank of Las Venturas
Bank of Caligulas
Bank of America

etc.

The only thing about that is everything is going to be base in Los Santos.. I don't want to risk driving all the way to the Bay above San Fierro just to deposit some money =P

#55 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

Bank of Los Santos
Bank of San Fierro
Bank of Las Venturas
Bank of Caligulas
Bank of America

etc.

The only thing about that is everything is going to be base in Los Santos.. I don't want to risk driving all the way to the Bay above San Fierro just to deposit some money =P

ATM cash machines? Saves a long journey between cities. The main bank will be in the city that the name or description describes. Members can either rob cash machines or the bank itself. It's still getting money.

Posted Image

#56 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:27 AM

Alright, when I played on CnR, The LS bank was located near those 2 tunnels that lead right out of town. If you follow that long road that stretches under the Mullholland Intersection, to the West side of town, you'll see this big building that they used for the bank, maybe we could do the same?

Posted Image

#57 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:18 AM

You mean the building used in that Big Smoke mission? With the statue of the guy pissing?

Posted Image

#58 azn

azn

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

No, where the Vagos live, there's that long road that stretches under the intersection, and takes you across the Vinewood sign, and ends near that park near the cemetery. It's kind of opposite and has a large advertisement on the Eastern side of the building.

Posted Image

#59 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

*Closed until further notice* Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users