58 replies to this topic

#21 Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

Pest Control

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

"get a big postcount = have more stuff for gangwars = win more = be more awesome"

Wait. It's a great idea but isn't that spamming?
I mean, people would start to spam all the forums just to get money and 'be awesome'...

Posted Image

#22 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

Yes it is - read my whole sentence.

"Chris keeps insisting that "post counts dont matter", but now we're saying that more posts means more money"

This proves that postcounts DO matter to people, is why I don't think that postcount is the best way to work this out; because it is unfair, benefiting only people that either have been here ages or just spam constantly.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#23 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

I don't mean year of earning money, i mean year of opportunity to learn money.

If someone was here for 1 year, and posted 5x a day (which is a significant amount), they'd have 1800 posts. If someone was here for 5 years, and only posted 3x per day (a lot less), they'd have 5400 posts - thats 3x as many posts. Work that into points/dollars, and don't forget the interest earned over 5 years.

The only reason the 2nd person has more money (plus interest) is because they've been here longer. Whilst you may think that forum age/experience is equivalent to awesomeness/maturity and thus you should have more money, that's not really true.

Starting from today (or whenever) is fair, as everyone has the same opportunity. Whether you were here 03 to 08 is irrelevant to this gang system I reckon.

You're still assuming that I was earning money for these years. Just a few years ago Chris reset all of the points, so the years before that are entirely irrelevant to my current money.

A big thing about my bank account is how interest use to be daily, and I had auto-interest collecting on. A LOT of people didn't collect their interest on time.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#24 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

Fair enough. Would you have a problem resetting points again, to level the playing field and erase any mistakes of auto-correcting etc?

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#25 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:11 AM

I'd prefer setting the $$$ against the post count. Right now I have $200k + a decent inventory & I'd like to keep that.
I stated earlier I would consider a reasonable 1 time tax (15%) that go towards helping new gangs get rolling or to
sponsor new members. This would be outside of gang recruitment & no strings/commitments. Advantage here is that
members who have been active still get a little recognition over someone who just showed up & longstanding members
tend to contribute to the site, not be spammers.

I still like the idea of an in-game ATM for accessing/depositing cash if it's doable. For those not familiar, you would have
money on your person that could be dropped if you're killed. Get to the ATM & it's yours until you spend it. You walk
around w/ no money & make it a waste of time to rob you but you won't be able to buy anything outside of the GTA store.
This could add a little challenge to sidework, getting your money to the bank before someone tries to rob you.

On the issue of spamming, aren't there rules in place?

1st offense - Informal warning.
2nd offense - Formal warning.
3rd+ offense - Fines. Would defeat the purpose of spamming outside Fun/Off Topic (doesn't pay anyway, just an
outlet for random stuff) & go to official events like races.

EDIT: Irony, this is post #25, I think Gerard just earned $500. :lol: Keep up the good work!

Edited by Urbanoutlaw, 13 January 2009 - 03:12 AM.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#26 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:34 AM

I'd prefer setting the $$ against the post count. Right now I have $200k + a decent inventory & I'd like to keep that.
I stated earlier I would consider a reasonable 1 time tax (15%) that go towards helping new gangs get rolling or to
sponsor new members. This would be outside of gang recruitment & no strings/commitments. Advantage here is that
members who have been active still get a little recognition over someone who just showed up & longstanding members
tend to contribute to the site, not be spammers.

I still like the idea of an in-game ATM for accessing/depositing cash if it's doable. For those not familiar, you would have
money on your person that could be dropped if you're killed. Get to the ATM & it's yours until you spend it. You walk
around w/ no money & make it a waste of time to rob you but you won't be able to buy anything outside of the GTA store.
This could add a little challenge to sidework, getting your money to the bank before someone tries to rob you.

On the issue of spamming, aren't there rules in place?

1st offense - Informal warning.
2nd offense - Formal warning.
3rd+ offense - Fines. Would defeat the purpose of spamming outside Fun/Off Topic (doesn't pay anyway, just an
outlet for random stuff) & go to official events like races.

EDIT: Irony, this is post #25, I think Gerard just earned $500. :lol: Keep up the good work!

It's possible, Urban. I've played on Real-Life servers and they have a fully working bank system. It includes a deposit/withdraw system, Interest, the ability to turn on auto collect, Bank insurance (In case somebody robs the bank you get refunded what was stolen from you), and you can receive a daily financial statement stating your expenses/whatever and tell you overall whether you profited today or not, and by how much.

Now that I read Gerard and Spaz's arguments. I think it would be best if we keep the systems separate. Then, they would not interfere with each other and for those who aren't able to get on MTA will not miss out on any extra benefits. As for the forum, we should go by post count and distribute the right amount of money then, although I'd like to keep my inventory.

Posted Image

#27 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:45 AM

Fair enough. Would you have a problem resetting points again, to level the playing field and erase any mistakes of auto-correcting etc?

Eh, I'd miss my monster bank account, but it really doesn't do anything anyways. Besides, I'll admit I actually had a huge head-start stemming from testing the store((money reset, items not, a lot of items to sell = free money)). On top of that, buy a lot of items when you're rich, and when there's a huge price drop sell and re-buy((happened to me once, made a killing)).

Now that I read Gerard and Spaz's arguments. I think it would be best if we keep the systems separate. Then, they would not interfere with each other and for those who aren't able to get on MTA will not miss out on any extra benefits. As for the forum, we should go by post count and distribute the right amount of money then, although I'd like to keep my inventory.

We could just not alter the forum bank accounts, then distribute the MTA money based on posts, then everyone SHOULD be happy.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#28 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:58 AM

What would existing "forum" money be used for, as opposed to this new multiplayer money?

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#29 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

And I don't know if you're asking the same question as me Gerard, but the money would only be used for multiplayer anyway, so the people that aren't using multiplayer... there would be no point really.

Posted Image

#30 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:08 AM

What would existing "forum" money be used for, as opposed to this new multiplayer money?

Fuck if I know, really. I was just making a suggestion.

Posted Image

lolz

#31 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

Lol - c'mon spaz you're supposed to know EVERYTHING about the gang system/s/es. Not only are you active, you're a gang don, AND a staff member.

There's no way you wouldn't be kept fully up-to-date with everything that's going on, and be involved in lots of decisions....

[/sarcasm]

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#32 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

Regardless of what idea goes through, Spaz will always have the most money on the forum.

Another idea:

Change the posting points to 50 per posts and 100 per topic. Then calculate what everyone or some have by looking at their post count and counting up their topics. That way most people will have enough money to buy necesities for the gang server and gang system.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#33 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

Guys I don't know if you'd be interested in this but why not keep it simple... get money by kills, gang wars, all that inside the server. Earning money on a forum then going back into the game seems ridiculous.

Posted Image

#34 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

Lol - c'mon spaz you're supposed to know EVERYTHING about the gang system/s/es. Not only are you active, you're a gang don, AND a staff member.

There's no way you wouldn't be kept fully up-to-date with everything that's going on, and be involved in lots of decisions....

[/sarcasm]

Eeee... Am I making us look bad again? >.>

Guys I don't know if you'd be interested in this but why not keep it simple... get money by kills, gang wars, all that inside the server. Earning money on a forum then going back into the game seems ridiculous.

I think that will work and all, but what about starting money? That would be starting entirely from scratch, and I don't think any gang just started.

Posted Image

lolz

#35 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

Well that would kind of be the beauty of it, we all would start from scratch and have a good reason to anyway. I don't really know how to explain that, but since you have a shitton of money and other gangs don't it would be extremely unfair anyway, and if we're all playing we could start from scratch. If you think it's unfair because you joined earlier then us or whatever then I can totally see where your coming from and maybe give you a little starting cash, but that's what I'm thinking.

Posted Image

#36 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Well((excuse me I don't keep up with gangs. :whistle: )), from the topic I read there a three gangs. And none of us just started. And from the way the MTA system sounds, starting from 0 would be a bitch on all of us.

Posted Image

lolz

#37 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

If one team is better at MTA then the other then yes, but if there's actually competition then that system could work out. It would make it more fun to play as well in my opinion - the more cash you get for killing people.

Posted Image

#38 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:52 AM

I'd like to keep everything simple. Fuck bank heists and everything, just map out territory and pre select weapons for us and we'll kill each other and accumulate score and money. As for the forums, >.<

Posted Image

#39 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:53 AM

Sherman and I were talking about the bank heist thing and I've already figured out how to get peds to function like in a normal singleplayer game... we're probably going to have the bank heist as a side thing anyway. If you guys don't want it I'm gonna script it anyway, it's fucking cool :P we don't need to use it.

Posted Image

#40 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:28 AM

Have something where each gang and gang member can see how much money they actually have in the MTA by making something up in the forums. The members of the forum won't be able to access the money as it will only be a display. You have to go on MTA to use your money.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users